Most efficient method of getting basic comms?

leptir

So now that school's back I hardly have any time to play SWTOR; generally 1 - 2 hours a day and I dont really play every day. I still want to get into raiding, but casually so I want to gear up with basic gear. To do that I need basic comms but they take foreeeeeever to farm, so which dailies/ weeklies should I do that are the fastest for the amount of basic comms they offer?

Well the GSI missions on Makeb are definitely worth doing. In two days, you would have around 46 comms (weekly+ plus total of dailies).

Oricon is definitely worth doing. Drops loads of comms between the regular missions and the all the bonus side quests. (http://dulfy.net/2013/10/02/swtor-oricon-bonus-missions-guide/)

CZ-198 is worth running because its so short. The weekly might take some time because it involves running 2 flashpoints. I haven't done it in a while.

Black Hole only drops basic comms from the weekly. I would recommend just doing the weekly to get the basic comms from there. Section X drops basic comms from both the weekly and the daily, but can take awhile to get people for the heroic. Recommend one daily run just for the weekly their as well with your limited time.

I only recommend doing Makeb Dailies if your imperial. Most of the republic dailies take too long. Many people say these dailiies take too long in general but if you know how to avoid mobs and make use of cliff jumping, they are really fast. Skip Cartel Mining platform and perketa mesa.

Edited by Nickious

Oricon. I've found that by far, it is the fastest. When farming basics I do the heroic once per week for the weekly, and run the daily quests every day. After you've run it a few times in a row it get ridiculously easy to speed through them.

Second priority would be the daily Hardmode FP group finder quest. Get the weekly HM quest and tactical, and you get bonus comms whenever you finish it.

If you have more time, the CZ weekly and Makeb weekly are worth doing for the elite comms if you have the time, but I would skip both for the dailes. I never found either area efficient for daily quests.

Don't bother basic gear is trash. Do a hard mod FP everyday for 10 ultimate comms + 12 more from the weekly for 82 ultimate comms for about an hours worth of play a day. Take your ultimate comms and get 180 gear.

If he doesn't even have Basic gear, he may not be geared well enough for HM 55 FPs.

You can earn 80 Basics a week for about 90 minutes work (total) by doing the GSI Heroics on Alderaan and Tatooine.

Walkthru for the Republic:

Start at the GSI terminal in front of the Alderaan starport and grab Heroic.

Scan Shining Star cantina from the top of the steps next to the GSI terminal.

If the spy isn't there reset and try again (if still not there abandon and re-take).

Take the taxi to the Shining Star, kill the baddie, then legacy travel to Outlaw's Den.

QT to Anchorhead, grab heroic from GSI terminal and run it.

Once you're efficient at it this takes less than 20 minutes total.

Alderaan Heroic = 8 Basic comms/day

Tatooine Heroic = 4 Basic comms/day

Do this cycle 5 days of the week to complete GSI Weekly = 20 Basics

Total haul each week = 80 Basic comms per character

This is also a great way to level your rep.