Turn speed

Zylq

I've suggested this before and it hasn't been added. So I'm trying again. This game has everything in keybinds. I can use the keyboard for everything which I need because I'm disabled. What it's missing is some way to adjust turn speed. Other games have it, like LotRO, DDO and WildStar which didn't have it until I requested they add it, and they did!

It wouldn't be just for me. There are many disabled people that enjoy MMOs. DDO and WildStar have an adjuster in-game and LotRO has a file that can be used to change many things, including turn speed. I hope you take this as a serious suggestion and try to find a way to incorporate it into the game. It will help many of "us" enjoy TOR much more than we already do. Thanks.

Btw, it's not the camera speed in Preferences. That has nothing to do with turning with the keyboard. And jumping and turning is not a solution either.

Edited by Zylq

I don't know if this would help your situation as your post (understandably) doesn't give a lot of information, but if you can reasonably use a mouse with sidebuttons you may wish to look into a gaming mouse.

I have different limitations (like a cramped laptop keyboard and subpar reflexes) but I have a Razer Naga, with mouse turning bound to the scroll wheel. I hold the scroll wheel down and turn by moving the mouse. Turn speed could therefore be (theoretically) changed by changing your mouse's sensitivity settings.

I then bound many of my keybinds to the 12-key on the side of such Naga.

Even if you don't believe a gaming mouse would fit your particular situation, you could still try binding turning to the scroll wheel on a regular 3-button mouse and see how it works out. Note that you probably will have to get accustomed to mouse turning especially if you're used to WASD, so I recommend making a new character to "train" with and unbinding A and D (default turning keys) on the new character so you can grow accustomed to it. Level the toon with only mouse turning. That way you can get used to it at low levels where the consequences of errors are relatively minor.

Note that mouse turning will generally turn much faster than keyboard turning, which is why PVPers prefer it so much, so if you're looking to turn slower (you didn't really say) that might not be helpful. I actually had to tone down my mouse's sensitivity slightly so I could get more precision from the turns rather than getting whiplash and everything turning into 180s.

Once again I apologize if you find this suggestion not helpful for your situation but it is the only workaround for the lack of a direct turn speed setting that I can think of.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.