The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Gearing PVP Pyrotech

jbuschell

You have some leeway. You can go full power/surge, which will put you at just over 21% crit (21.27% I think) all the way up to 25% (you can hit 25.11% crit and still have 893 bonus dmg with a stim.) I would not go over that number. The higher crit you have, the more numbers you'll put up but the less outright kill pressure you'll have. So if you're doing a lot of regs, run the higher crit. If you're doing a lot ranked, go less. I run 124 crit rating, which puts me at 23.75% crit and 910 bonus dmg and I see the best results with that setup.

So I am relatively new to end game pvp, so since the Eliminator set has a mish mash of stats such as accuracy and crit and power etc when it comes to ranked gear, I not only have to farm enough ranked comms to get the gear but then I have to farm enough ranked comms to get the 162 power/surge enhancements?

So I am relatively new to end game pvp, so since the Eliminator set has a mish mash of stats such as accuracy and crit and power etc when it comes to ranked gear, I not only have to farm enough ranked comms to get the gear but then I have to farm enough ranked comms to get the 162 power/surge enhancements?
yes, same goes for mods, you mainly buy the gear pieces for the armorings but some of them have the perfect mod or enhancement.

I also run a full power/surge build with aim augs, works like a charm