The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Survival of the Nerdiest: Match 2

Silenceo

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The jetpacks you refer to contained missile launchers and left far less room for fuel.

The SWTOR:E shows us that the jetpacks of this time could keep being used regularly for a few days, practicalities of warfare I presume.

Her mission is to kill every Mandalorian on yhe planet, she knows who they are and what they look like, Torval, Taz and the NPCs are her execution list, simple as that.

Just going to throw it out there, but it's very unlikely that Mandalore would know of Torval. He keeps a very low profile. Technically he would either consider Torval to be crazy or a non-Mandalorian if he did know of him.

The jetpacks you refer to contained missile launchers and left far less room for fuel.

The SWTOR:E shows us that the jetpacks of this time could keep being used regularly for a few days, practicalities of warfare I presume.

This jetpack?

Max altitude: 30m (100 ft)

Flight range: 400m (1,310 ft)

Lifting capacity: 180 kg (400 lbs)

Max speed: 60 km/h (40 mph)

The numbers you proposed, with only 6% of the fuel being used after using it to cross 3 miles, would mean that your jetpack would have more than 15x the amount than the ones in the future, rocket launcher or not. At most, it would have 2x or 3x that amount of fuel, maybe. What I find more likely is that during wars the jetpacks were refueled often, and likely not constant use, probably more for in combat mobility than transport itself. If you have other numbers you wish to present, please do so because I still am highly doubtful that your jetpack can contain that much fuel.

Edited by Silenceo

How did she use it to cross three miles? what? she has jumped three times and the biggest jump was 20ft. Each time directly upwards in the space of around 3-5 seconds, nor has she used her flamethrower at all.

That is very very little in terms of usage, if you could only get four uses out of one jetpack, as you seem to believe, on each mission then what would be the point?

The Death Watch used them very very frequently and at one point spent nearly five minutes in constant flight with seemingly no worry at all. Infact when they 'defended' Mandalore they were almost constantly in flight the whole time, I am gonna take a quick guess and say they didn't stop by for tea and crumpets along the way either.

Shae Vizla in the Decieved novel was essentially described as zipping around the whole fight, using her flamethriwer on several occasions. Apparently the fight itself lasted quite awhile according to Eleena Daru and after nodding towards Malgus zipped off yet again.

How did she use it to cross three miles? what? she has jumped three times and the biggest jump was 20ft. Each time directly upwards in the space of around 3-5 seconds, nor has she used her flamethrower at all.

That is very very little in terms of usage, if you could only get four uses out of one jetpack, as you seem to believe, on each mission then what would be the point?

The Death Watch used them very very frequently and at one point spent nearly five minutes in constant flight with seemingly no worry at all. Infact when they 'defended' Mandalore they were almost constantly in flight the whole time, I am gonna take a quick guess and say they didn't stop by for tea and crumpets along the way either.

Shae Vizla in the Decieved novel was essentially described as zipping around the whole fight, using her flamethriwer on several occasions. Apparently the fight itself lasted quite awhile according to Eleena Daru and after nodding towards Malgus zipped off yet again.

The way it was written, it heavily seemed to imply that she flew to a spot above the Mandalorian squad then used it again to evade the explosion as the rock slide occurred. To get there however, she would have had to either dodge Mortar fire for a long ways, or use her jetpack as she seemed to do. There was a 3 mile gap between them, which is why I figured there would be much of the fuel used.

I believe that they of course get more than 4, unless one of the uses is a long time continuous use. If she did not use it to cross the distance, how did she make it all that way without being hit or injured by mortar fire?

As for the Death Watch, are you referring to the chase scene? The take over? Or which one? Because while they indeed lasted longer than Boba Fett's would have, yet didn't they still have missiles? Frankly it just seems like one of those times that the TCW crew didn't read up much on the lore, and instead went for the 'rule of cool'. I think it would have made much more sense just to mention they had traded their jetpacks out for repulsor packs... Those things are actually capable of easily doing what they ascribed jetpacks for doing.

So, if Vishti did not use her jetpack to cross the distance as previously thought, how did she get across the ground so fast, and trick them to collapse the ridge above them?

Edited by Silenceo

The way it was written, it heavily seemed to imply that she flew to a spot above the Mandalorian squad then used it again to evade the explosion as the rock slide occurred. To get there however, she would have had to either dodge Mortar fire for a long ways, or use her jetpack as she seemed to do. There was a 3 mile gap between them, which is why I figured there would be much of the fuel used.

That's the picture I got from reading it.