Early Access Confusion

Punkadelic

Hey,

I have just returned to SWTOR after a break of some time,

It was cool to learn of the upcoming expansion with it's homestead and early access, I am confused as to what, if anything I can expect to get as I only re-subscribed yesterday.

Have i missed the early access?

Will I get the homestead, with extra rooms?

Or am I gunna have to wait?

Any comments very gratefully received.

Thanks.

As a subscriber, you will get early access. Preferred players cannot use Strongholds until September, and Free to Play cannot use any of the features until official launch in October. So you can use all of the features GSH has to offer once early access goes live Aug 19th. You just don't get any of the promotional items.

You will not, however, get a free Nar Shadda sky palace or any of the free rooms since you were not subscribed on any of the promotion dates. You will still have to pay 250k to buy the base palace, and pay for the room unlocks. Not necessarily a huge loss of you don't care for Nar Shadda and prefer the more affordable DK or Coruscant.

Edited by Luneward

Ahh ok, thanks,

I WAS hoping I might still get the palace but was confused by the dates etc, anyway, it's not the end of the world.

It'll be nice to get the early access though, and so far, I am enjoying my return to the game, everything seems new again after a year away.

Thanks again, and have fun ;)

You will not, however, get a free Nar Shadda sky palace or any of the free rooms since you were not subscribed on any of the promotion dates.

You do still get the free sky palace if you are subscribed any time between August 19 and September 15:

http://www.swtor.com/galactic-strongholds

EARLY ACCESS Starting August 19th

NAR SHADDAA SKY PALACE STRONGHOLD (Value: 250,000 Credits)

Stronghold Label: “Galactic Stronghold”

Character Title: “The Illustrious”

However, you will not get any extra rooms. Just the rooms that come with unlocking it as described here: http://dulfy.net/2014/07/25/swtor-galactic-strongholds-tours-and-unlock-pricings/#Nar_Shaddaa_Sky_Palace

Ahh ok, thanks,

I WAS hoping I might still get the palace but was confused by the dates etc, anyway, it's not the end of the world.

It'll be nice to get the early access though, and so far, I am enjoying my return to the game, everything seems new again after a year away.

Thanks again, and have fun ;)

You do get just the Palace unlocked if you are still subscribe or (re-)subscribe between the dates the previous poster mentioned

From the same page way down in the fine print:

To qualify for the Subscriber Early Access in-game rewards, you must be or become a Subscriber between August 19, 2014, (at the start of Subscriber Early Access) and September 15, 2014, at 11:59PM PDT / September 16, 2014, at 6:59AM GMT (prior to the start of Preferred Status Early Access on September 16, 2014). The Nar Shaddaa Stronghold along with the “Galactic Stronghold” Stronghold Label will be unlocked in your Stronghold Management window and "The Illustrious” Character Title will be delivered via in-game mail at the start of Subscriber Early Access on August 19, 2014, or within two hours of becoming a Subscriber. The Nar Shaddaa Stronghold is exclusively unlocked for Subscribers during the Subscriber Early Access period and will be available for unlock to all other players at Official Launch on October 14, 2014.
Edited by LeJarC

Don't think you qualify for a sky palace unless you subbed these date.

To qualify for the Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace Stronghold with five rooms unlocked, the Subteroth Mini-Pet the Character Titles “The Intrepid,” and “The Illustrious,” and the Stronghold title, “Galactic Stronghold,” your account must be in active subscription status on May 11, 2014, at 11:59PM PDT / May 12, 2014, at 6:59AM GMT

or

To qualify for the Nar Shaddaa Sky Palace Stronghold with three rooms unlocked, “The Illustrious” Character Title and the “Galactic Stronghold” Stronghold Label, your account must be in active subscription status on July 15, 2014, at 11:59PM PDT / July 16, 2014, at 6:59AM GMT

Don't think you qualify for a sky palace unless you subbed these date.

You forgot the third option (see the requirement rules at the bottom of the referred page)

Or

To qualify for the Subscriber Early Access in-game rewards*, you must be or become a Subscriber between August 19, 2014, (at the start of Subscriber Early Access) and September 15, 2014, at 11:59PM PDT / September 16, 2014, at 6:59AM GMT (prior to the start of Preferred Status Early Access on September 16, 2014)

* The Nar Shaddaa Stronghold is exclusively unlocked for Subscribers during the Subscriber Early Access period

Meaning just the basic Stronghold, no extra 5 rooms and also no extra 3 rooms unlocked

EDIT: This one was news to me too, like you I first was under the impression that only the two options you listed were available. But it seems we've overlooked the possibility for the third option.

Edited by LeJarC

The way I read it is that if you weren't a subscriber during either of the two "bonus" periods, you get nothing for free during the early access period.

That extra bit about it being "exclusively unlocked" just means that it will be available.

So if you didn't get the free rooms, you'll have to pay to unlock it as a subscriber.

Being a subscriber during the Strongholds subscriber early access period -- August 19 to September 15 -- means getting a free Nar Shaddaa Stronghold unlock. No free rooms, though. It's in the fine print at the bottom of the Strongholds page.

"Q7:How will I be able to gain ownership of Personal Strongholds in the game?

Subscribers as of August 19th gain a complimentary unlock of the Nar Shaddaa Stronghold (minus the additional rooms) through September 15th."

If someone wasn't a subscriber during other promotional periods, but is subscribed between August 19 and September 15, that player will receive a free (complimentary) Nar Shaddaa Stronghold unlock. The unlock means having access to the Stronghold, and an entrance area. The size of the entry area varies with the different Strongholds.

I recommend checking out Dulfy's SWTOR Galactic Strongholds Tours and Unlock Pricings.

Hah! lol - I get a free 5 room sky palace nar shadar stronghold. Wich is basically the last planet I'd have wanted a homestead on, but oh well - it's free. I guess the same rule applies to beer: Once free it doesn't matter if it's the worst brew in the market.

I was aiming for DK... heard that it cant have a spaceship hangar... meh

I was aiming for DK... heard that it cant have a spaceship hangar... meh

With the exception of the Balcony and Garage, DK costs 200k to fully unlock. The Garage costs 250k and the Balcony costs 1 million credits. It is the cheapest stronghold of all of them.

Compare that to the Nar Shaddaa stronghold that will cost 250k just to unlock the first room to those that do not subscribe by September.

The way I read it is that if you weren't a subscriber during either of the two "bonus" periods, you get nothing for free during the early access period.

That extra bit about it being "exclusively unlocked" just means that it will be available.

So if you didn't get the free rooms, you'll have to pay to unlock it as a subscriber.

Not the way I read it, go to the page and read the full requirements. There's more after the "exclusively unlocked" part. It also says right after that

... and will be available for unlock to all other players at Official Launch on October 14, 2014.

which I understand to mean that you will need to cough up the credits once it goes live officially. Meaning that you get just the stronghold for free (since it is then already unlocked) if subscribing or being subscribed in the early access period but after the two dates required for the extra room unlocks

Edited by LeJarC