Rage\Carnage\Annihilation - PvP

Likecat

Hello everyone,

I want to discuss which spec is better for pvp. I'm 36 lvl atm and tryed annihilation and carnage. So far as i saw Anihillation is doing more output dmg than carnage, but with carnage you can do more things and outplay oponent. I didn't try rage yet, but it looks like strong build as well. So, what are you think guys?

Edited by bomenstarw

Hello everyone,

I want to discuss which spec is better for pvp. I'm 36 lvl atm and tryed annihilation and carnage. So far as i saw Anihillation is doing more output dmg than carnage, but with carnage you can do more things and outplay oponent. I didn't try rage yet, but it looks like strong build as well. So, what are you think guys?

Check the forums for some ideas of how they perform. There is no best spec as different people will feel more comfortable doing it different ways.

My fav spec for pvp is annihilation, rage is good as well. I can chew up a target better as annihilation but I can put up bigger numbers as rage.

Something just feels off about carnage, it can burst but then it's flat.

My best advice is wait til 40 and drop some creds spending a couple hours with each spec. You will have to get the rotations down to really see how they work. Rage and carnage have a more true rotation as the tree leads along to a big burst move.

Annihilation not so much, apply dots and keep enough rage in reserve to keep saber and rupture going. I would say annihilate itself comes lower I priority then the bleeds themselves unless you are pvping and bursting for a kill.

Edited by Extinction

• 1 month later...
i disagree with the above statement dont wait till 40 if you dont like the feeling of the spec by atleast lvl 25- 30 its not right for you also i say that dont wait till 40 cuz ten lvls toforget and relearn your spec is very quick its better to do it early on

Right now, and it sucks to admit, but Anni is the best PvE spec and PvP spec.

-Force charge loses its minimum range so you can joust and interrupt easier.

-Force camp becomes an aggro reset, 100% damage block, movement increase AND invis.

-Your DoTs heal yourself (and I think your group as well) which means you live longer and can take some stress off your healer

-You generate Rage mch easier and don't have to rely heavily on procs you can barely see

-Yiur blind and interrupt have lower cooldowns so they can be used more often for better survival

-Anni Marauders actually get a buff to one of their Fury buffs. No other spec has a buff like this

-DoTs mean sustained damaged, so you're putting out numbers even if you were KBed (which the force charge upgrade helps with.. did I mention it also helps keep your rage up?) Or stunned.

-Becomes easier to pressure healers because there's less breaks between damage

-Did mention heals? Yeah that means more medals which means more valor and commendations

I almost cried typing that. It really sucks... but unless you spec Anni you're literally robbing yourself of a LOT of utility, survivability, and in a lot or cases pure damage output.

On a delegate note... PLEASE WORK ON THE CARNAGE TREE BIOWARE

I wouldn't touch rage till at least 40, as force crush is a critical part of maintaining smash crit rotations. I personally leveled as carnage, and pvp'd as carnage while leveling up, but annihilate is good as well. I never enjoyed annihilate personally in pvp (doesn't fit my playstyle), but based on what I've seen personally, without access to combat logs, it offers the best sustained dps, so it's probably the most viable raid spec at the moment, if pve is also a concern.

Anni might be the best and most used one. (every damn mara on my server is Anni btw...)

But every each of them is viable in pvp.

Every each of them.

Doing just fine as carnage as I was when playing rage or anni.

Edited by atreyuz

Anni might be the best and most used one. (every damn mara on my server is Anni btw...)

But every each of them is viable in pvp.

Every each of them.

Doing just fine as carnage as I was when playing rage or anni.

I'm with you. Carnage till I die. But I'm sure most people don't wanna be "just fine". The facts are against us brother.