Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Starting the game

Archangelisk

O.K.

I have done everything. Finally I've downloaded game client, and then the trouble begun.

First it took me 13,5h for 1.5GB of some patch, and couple of smaller ones.

And then a 4.8GB download ***? The rate of download is 27-35 kb/s, when god looks at me then it says 60-100 kb/s.

I have a fully functional net at home with download speeds up to 800K, I suppose it is a pretty crowded there.

Please tell me is this normal thing or it's just me.:confused:

According to the sign it's downloading some asset1, and it will take about 43hours to complete just this!!!!!!:eek:

I hope that's the final download.

Help please

your usual 800kb is not a very good connection to begin with.

Does anyone know if Bioware is using P2P for the patch download, cause if they are, you might have to make sure your router is set up for port forwarding.

it's a 8M link and 800K download speed. I download a file of 4.5 GB in some 5 hours time. Maybe it's time to upgrade, but I think that servers are overloaded right now.

Anyway after that asset1 download how many are there?

Right now I have SWOTR with 21.3GB on disk and 25.9GB of total size. What's the final size when you start the game?

It sounds like you are downloading the entire game rather than extra patches. The entire game was anything from 18.5 gig to 25 gig, I am not sure which, mine was 18.5 G.

Odd it didn't recognise your hard copy, that must have taken a while to put onto the computer in the first place. I sympathise about the time taken to download, our internet runs at about 230 kbps and it took all day.

When I downloaded it during the early access period...it took me almost 4 days to download it onto two computers. So I can sympathize. Mine also says 19.4Gb if that helps.

Make sure the download rate keeps fluctuating. Mine kept stalling and made it take longer.

Edited by blindxsecrets

I started to download it on my Mac, and the speed is over 400.

When I finished installing, before he asked for disk1, the size on disk was 19,4GB, after that he started to download the video 1, with the size of 1,68GB. In any way it will finish much sooner then on my desktop(speed of snail 30kbs), and I will just transfer it to desktop PC.

I'll keep you posted. Any suggestions?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.