The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Regular Color Crystals from CM.

Also: find something else for artifice, no one above level 10 is using anything but the CM crystals. Be it off the GTN, the CM or from a friend.

So, please just add the evis, indestruct, hawk and war hero version of the regular colors to the CM (besides the orange ones).

Blue, Green, Red.

It's just a suggestion to keep the color schemes a bit more starwarsy.

Also: find something else for artifice, no one above level 10 is using anything but the CM crystals. Be it off the GTN, the CM or from a friend.

So, please just add the evis, indestruct, hawk and war hero version of the regular colors to the CM (besides the orange ones).

Blue, Green, Red.

It's just a suggestion to keep the color schemes a bit more starwarsy.

False. A lot of players 50+ still use the vanilla crystals. Reds, blues, greens, oranges, yellows, purples, and magentas. While these crystals don't sell for nearly as much as they used to (Roughly 50k for a purple now, when they used to run over a mil), they do still (sometimes) sell. While it's fair to say that many players in 10-49 level range don't use these crystals, because the CM crystals and collections unlocks have made the regular 10-49 crystals obsolete, a lot of players I know use the CM crystals for levelling, then switch to a vanilla crystal at 50+ because let's face it...MOST of the CM crystals are ugly as sin. So I, for one, am totally opposed to this idea. The CM has already gutted artifice, no need to kill it off completely by adding the few crystals that actually still sell to it.

I see the point of "at least some of them still sell" - I conter that with "That's not what the profession(s) should be like".

Same for the amor crafters... the only reason for armor to be crafted is to get the components, no? Except for that rare style-item. NOT what a crew skill should do. Imho.

BUT: I have a constructive solution to the problem:

Make all critically crafted items have a +4 item levels compared to the CM version.

Enough for all min/maxers. Definately nice to have. Not enough to make them mandatory.

• 2 weeks later...
There are an awful lot more blue and red(ish) crystals on the market than green. I'd love to see a few more generic greens and even a bit more in the way of yellow and purple. The pink and whites are nice, but it makes more sense to have the traditional colors be more common.

I'd love level 10 red and blue(and maybe green) crystals with +41 to power. Level 50 crystals are nice, but I'd like my Sith to use red crystal with maximum bonuses while levelling, and switch to advanced white at level 50.

Actually, why not make artfice create these crystals? Say, four red crystals Tier 2/Tier3/Tier 4/Tier 5/Tier 6/Tier 9 = one random red level 10 crystal, hawkeye/war hero/eviscerating/indestructible. Same for blue and green. I'd craft that AND buy that.

Well, since they basically destroyed the crystal-market for artifice... They might as well add these.

The newest pack lowered the cost of level 10 crystals to 15k ... so that's pretty done.

I guess with the next patch all crystals will be used for prefabs anyways.

So: Lets have the "real colors" please? :D

Well, since they basically destroyed the crystal-market for artifice... They might as well add these.

The newest pack lowered the cost of level 10 crystals to 15k ... so that's pretty done.

I guess with the next patch all crystals will be used for prefabs anyways.

So: Lets have the "real colors" please? :D

This... the prices of many crystals went from "millions" to "thousands" overnight...

I have a full set of crafters, the only thing my Artifice makes is enhancements... I have tried in the past to make crystals (and other items), and have found it all to be a waste of time.

Sure, they sell, slowly, and some do better than others, but frankly, the CM crystals ruined that... There is nothing I can craft that is lvl 10 with +41 anything, so why would someone take a +7 crystal that I've crafted over a +41 from the CM?

Not to mention the developing material prices with big guilds soon needing an ABUNDANCY of low level crystals and materials...

You can probably get a couple of thousand creds for the materials... selling the crystals at half of that doesn't sound reasonable. XD

I guess artifice really should get something else to replace all those crystals sub the +41 ones...

Yeah, I was rather sad that I couldn't get these basic colors for my lowbies. I was actually about to just buy a red low level for one despite having Artifice just because I wanted it at the time, but crafters want 20K+ for some +7 Endurance mess. I may craft some anyway, but it's hard to pass up +82 power/endurance at low level.

It's pretty surprising that they haven't added these basics in but it may simply be as a nod to Artificers. If the prices hadn't been idiotic--and I have creds a plenty--I would have scooped up a red last night but I said eff it and just went with one of the Cartel Hawkeyes and Indestructables that I had access too.

Cm crystals pretty much killed the color crystal artifice < level 50.

and

With strongholds all them crystals will be used to produce fabricator crystals anyways.

So, shall ever player from 10 to 50 not get an equal chance to have their iconic faction color for crystal without sacrificing a HUGE chunk of advantage-cake?

Add them to the CM for direct purchase even! Just so star wars keeps being a bit iconic.

Even at 55 I still just want a plain red coloured crystal for my Sith, it almost feels out of reach.

You can get plain red as a crafted one - or the war hero from the pvp items vendor.

Still - blue is missing completely... and rom 10-49 you probably won't see any 'typical' lasersword color at all.

I use the CM crystals to level, then once I hit 50 I switch to the level 50 black/color one I want for that char.

Like almost everyone. Or they just stick to the CM one. But who is ever using anything else... especially now with hawkeyes around for 25k...