Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Republic Reborn vs Wroshyr Alliance

Beniboybling

I think BT-7s would hold an advantage in taking many strategic locations, over the X4 Gunships, this would be beneficial to General Surik's tactics as forward command bases were one of her main tactics, an increasingly forward mobile HQ, meaning supply lines, etc... are not stretched at all, an efficient movement.

How well this tactic works in this environment is not something I am sure of however.

I don't think either of the ships would make it through Makeb's atmosphere intact.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think BT-7s would hold an advantage in taking many strategic locations, over the X4 Gunships, this would be beneficial to General Surik's tactics as forward command bases were one of her main tactics, an increasingly forward mobile HQ, meaning supply lines, etc... are not stretched at all, an efficient movement.

How well this tactic works in this environment is not something I am sure of however.

I think it'd work fine, plenty of defendable places to land, and as long as they don't go too high the atmosphere shouldn't affect them,

Ok, so it seems to me the Antarian Rangers have been severely underestimated. These people were fierce Jedi supporters who fought alongside them on the front lines. They were known for doing Jedi dirty work, and let's not forget just how loyal these people were. They rescued Jedi during Order 66 and helped form Kota's militia which was an exceptional fighting force. And they only wore leather jackets . These guys were fearless.

Couple them with Wookiees ripping arms off I feel as though Revanites will retreat in fear.

Im on my phone so this is short too.

Ok, so it seems to me the Antarian Rangers have been severely underestimated. These people were fierce Jedi supporters who fought alongside them on the front lines. They were known for doing Jedi dirty work, and let's not forget just how loyal these people were. They rescued Jedi during Order 66 and helped form Kota's militia which was an exceptional fighting force. And they only wore leather jackets . These guys were fearless.

Couple them with Wookiees ripping arms off I feel as though Revanites will retreat in fear.

Im on my phone so this is short too.

Can someone please explain to me why the Rangers would even fight Jedi?

IMO they'd stay neutral.

And for the love of god, Beni, why the hell do I have 40 Infiltrators, when tune gets over 10x the number of rangers? They basically did the same stuff.

Seems ridiculous.

IMO they'd stay neutral.

And for the love of god, Beni, why the hell do I have 40 Infiltrators, when tune gets over 10x the number of rangers? They basically did the same stuff.

Seems ridiculous.

Lawls, yes Sel and an Antarian Ranger is equal in role and ability to an Alliance Infiltrator.

Canino feel free to use that argument against here in your ensuing post. :jawa_wink:

I don't think either of the ships would make it through Makeb's atmosphere intact.
Indeed, but according to one of the codex entires ships were designed to operate in these atmospheres, if anyone has access to this technology the Hutt Cartel will, and all they're Thunderclaps could be modified with it.

Lawls, yes Sel and an Antarian Ranger is equal in role and ability to an Alliance Infiltrator.

Canino feel free to use that argument against here in your ensuing post. :jawa_wink:

I didn't say they were equal in skill.

You said I got 40 because a single squad was how they're normally deployed.

It's terrible reasoning,

I'm not getting 8 SpecForce, despite it being a standard number. Tune has 15 squads to my 1. Seem worth it? Not to me.

Especially when people are making the ridiculous argument that rangers are more skilled than SpecForce. They were horrendously equipped and were basically a standard soldier.

But this doesn't change the fact that 40 infiltrators makes no sense.

I didn't say they were equal in skill.

You said I got 40 because a single squad was how they're normally deployed.

It's terrible reasoning,

I'm not getting 8 SpecForce, despite it being a standard number. Tune has 15 squads to my 1. Seem worth it? Not to me.

Especially when people are making the ridiculous argument that rangers are more skilled than SpecForce. They were horrendously equipped and were basically a standard soldier.

But this doesn't change the fact that 40 infiltrators makes no sense.

Responded to in the Rulebook.

This, it was understood earlier that the atmosphere meant with out the skyhooks no one was getting anything down onto the ground from space beyond what was already there.

I mean an all-out siege, can they break their lines and take their base, would Wookiees suffer under phalanx tactics? how would they breach bottle-necks?

To the second question no... they have long range weapons just like the Spec forces and are just as capable of Phalanx as the enemy is. They are still stronger and faster, and they are only to act as a distraction while the Rangers take out the anti-air guns. With those guns down Ornithopters and AHS speeders lay down suppressive fire AAC's keep the enemy out of the air and this allows the wookies and some rangers hold off the Spec Forces A strike team goes inside with The NJO knights Saba, Corran and 50 Antarian rangers (The other Rangers remain to help the wookies) THe NJO knights square off against the Revanites the Rangers against the Infiltrators, but in an assault like this the Rangers have the advantage in both numbers and equipment for the job. Check earlier for list of equipment provided to wookies and Rangers because of Soro Suub, I would suspect that list would be included right from the word go similar to the fighters as they are all 1 man equipment and not vehicles.

Bottle-necks will be just as beneficial for the wookies here because they preered close quarters combat. Their weapons were more accurate in close quarters and they could be used in a shotgun blast which would effectivly break bottle necks further more the rangers getting around and flanking while the wookies distracted could cause severe damage to a bottle neck.

Hapes will be difficult to capture as I noted before because the mists will slow them down. In the mean time there are several supply lines that the RR cant protect all at once from the remaining WA ships and the Sullustans can continue to smuggle things off planet.

(I have not read all the arguements of the last few pages)

Indeed, but according to one of the codex entires ships were designed to operate in these atmospheres, if anyone has access to this technology the Hutt Cartel will, and all they're Thunderclaps could be modified with it.

I'm pretty sure that would require a lot of work and time.

I have not read the arguements of the last few pages, but I think this is going to be my closing arguement.

Remember that the space battle and the ground battle happen at the same time.

This means at the start Hapan Intel is going to be feeding information to the WA + Antarian rangers and Ornithopter scouting as well as ground sensors and Mines among the initial SoroSuub stock pile http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=7576894&postcount=597] some of which is listed here . Assault teams and ambushes are going to find themselves in the worst positions possible and having those ambushes backfire as they meet more firepower and more troops then they were counting on and the Air units of the WA strike with an easier time as the Space troops are to busy and the atmosphere to hostile to allow them to come down.

The Bases the RR try to set up early on will be raided and hit hard With wookies acting as a distraction while Rangers hit the supplies and the Vehicle garages and then Air support is called in to mop up. By the time the space battle is over the WA will have a sound footing on nearly all points of interest and their will be severe casualties on the RR side, as their supplies are wrecked and their ambushes back fire thanks to intel services.

Further more the point I havent talked about. Saba's Senses. She was able to sense a planet from accrossed the Galaxy. She was also able to sense a Sensitive trying to hide themselves from detection on the other side of the planet and while not even in his presence she could sense every time Ben Skywalker disconnected or reconnected with the Force. It would be no problem for her to keep track of the RR leadership.

What this means is while Meetra is in space any time Jace or Revan make a move with their strike teams (which would normally be largely successfuly) they are going to meet with the greatest disaster of ALL of the strike teams as they walk in to the largest traps. This is a point where Revan or Jace could die as they walk into a trap.

This is also true of when Meetra comes down to the planet. With the strong footholds the WA will have gained by using Air Supperiority and the Hapes Intel along wtih SoroSuub equipment (some of the deadliest blasters and several other Devistating hand held weapons) and the Wookies adaptability and strength and the Rangers training and skills. Saba could likely sense where she is coming down and Potentially have the Anti-Air abilities of the AAC's or just of some of the Soro Suub equipment or what have you to blast her out of the sky killing her before she reaches the ground.

Further more. It will likely take time to retro fit the BT-7's with the ability to get down to the planet and fly. That time the WA will be continuing to push its advantages. It will also take time to get to hapes and shut down the Intel network. During that time the WA will harass space supply lines and even if they take hapes and shut down the Intel network all that will do is give Revan, Meetra and Jace (if they are still alive and didnt die the first time one of their ambushes failed because of Saba or Hapes intel) a false sense of Security making them think they can lead an assault team and start pushing back.

But again the moment Revan leaves the other 2 Its going to be devistating for him. He will be hoping to ambush the wookies but will instead get Ambushed instead being out numbered and outgunned he will likely not escape. This may be true of Meetra and Jace (Assuming they are both still alive and again earlier ambushes and anti-air shots as they came down didnt kill them) as well since all 3 will be known to be seperated and on the move.

Also Remember that the Rangers were not just trained for stealth hit and run assault they were also trained to hold points of interest against superior enemies to allow allies to escape or reinforcements to arrive. If holding till reinforcements arrive it would have been their job to destroy the heavy weapons of the Enemy so that when the Reinforcements arrived it would be clean up duty for them. The WA reinforcements can also arrive exeedingly fast thanks to the speed of their vehicles.

Also should the Hutts have a way to give ships the ability to fly in the atmosphere, its possible the Rangers or the NJO knights could manage to steal that info and get it to SoroSuub for them to put into their http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Solo-class_Combat_Freighter which could act the same if not better then the BT-7 for keeping supplies safe.

(Also last I checked a BT-7 doesnt have the Cargo space for most of the RR vehicles which other then the T47 are massively slower then the WA vehicles so they would still need to be kept near the front lines at some sort of base where the Rangers can sabotage or steal them).

Edited by tunewalker

IMO they'd stay neutral.

Seems ridiculous.

Oh to Answer the first part.... There are no Jedi from the Rangers time on the RR team. The Rangers were not made to be a thing until after the Ruusan formation and these Rangers were recreated at the time of the NJO. Furthermore last I checked the Revanites were a Sith group that worshiped Revan and became "grey" because of it. All-in-all basically the answer is they were never loyal to the Jedi of the time you have them and even then we are pushing what we are calling "Jedi" there in the eyes of the Rangers I am sure.

Oh to Answer the first part.... There are no Jedi from the Rangers time on the RR team. The Rangers were not made to be a thing until after the Ruusan formation and these Rangers were recreated at the time of the NJO. Furthermore last I checked the Revanites were a Sith group that worshiped Revan and became "grey" because of it. All-in-all basically the answer is they were never loyal to the Jedi of the time you have them and even then we are pushing what we are calling "Jedi" there in the eyes of the Rangers I am sure.

No Sel has the Revanchists who were the Jedi who followed Revan in the Mandolorian Wars. Or that's what I think it says.

No Sel has the Revanchists who were the Jedi who followed Revan in the Mandolorian Wars. Or that's what I think it says.

For what ever reason I thought they were the Revan worshipers from this game that were sith that descovered the Story of Darth revan and worshiped over it. either way the Rangers werent around during that particular point in history. They didnt exist for another 2,000-3000 years. And many of those Jedi did go against the council (all of them did) and some still Many went Dark Side so doesnt change anything.

Edited by tunewalker

For what ever reason I thought they were the Revan worshipers from this game that were sith that descovered the Story of Darth revan and worshiped over it. either way the Rangers werent around during that particular point in history. They didnt exist for another 2,000-3000 years.

Yeah that's what I thought when I saw it the first few times.

So I'm that guy arguing for Force Meld here again. I have to say, the NJO Jedi will wipe the floor with the Revanchists.

NJO Jedi ALL have access to Battle Meld. NJO Jedi also worked well in strike teams, it was in fact the most common manner to deploy them in all the accounts in which important missions were undertaken. As a strike team, they'd be more efficient, more connected, more powerful, and in general they'd be far superior to the Revanchists.

Imagine you put together two teams. Both have players that are equally skilled. Give one a week of practice while the other can work together till they literally work as a single unit in perfect cohesion. That is the advantage Battle Meld will give.

Even if Meetra or Revan incapacitates and exposes themselves by trying a battle meditation, the Revanchists will never reach anywhere close to the efficiency of the NJO knight's Battle Meld.

Also considering there are two MASTERS of Battler Meld guiding the whole effort, the Revanchists just have nothing to compete with.

The point about Saba's senses was actually a pretty good point. Nice work pointing that out, Tune.

Thank you, I just hope everyone is having fun and not getting to heated. :D Just hoping to make points that I can remember or see.

Edit: though I do not believe the MPTL-2a's were capable of anti-air fire as I have pointed to many Proton torpedo's that werent used against Fighters and were noted as used against planets or Capships, even if they were their are only 4 of them and As I said prior it would be the job of the fast reactin AAC's and the Antarian Rangers to take them out, or even the Air units AHS's could do it since they outnumber the Artillery vehicles.

Edit 2: I honestly dont know what else there is to talk about, any point brought up will likely just lead to circular arguements at this point I think, is everyone else that way or does every one have points they want to bring up.

Edited by tunewalker

Yes Revanchists not Revanites, not nearly as useful as the Revanites, which by the way are ludicrous now, they are essentially all less powerful versions of Revan himself, they also have Rakatan tech... like WUT.

Well technically All Jedi can be called Less powerful versions of Yoda soI dont know if that means anything to me. Still dont know what is being talked about I will see it once I get to the Instance, As usual I will probably not think of it as nearly as overblown as others.... lol

Well technically All Jedi can be called Less powerful versions of Yoda soI dont know if that means anything to me. Still dont know what is being talked about I will see it once I get to the Instance, As usual I will probably not think of it as nearly as overblown as others.... lol

No, an average Jedi Knight is not a less powerful Yoda by any margin. As far as the new Revanites go, when you put two & two together:

You realise they can or are on the way to doing that 'both sides of the Force' technique Revan uses and that they have horded Rakatan Tech, they are building their own faction split away from the Empire.

Perhaps more importantly this confirms Revan is not just becoming one with the Force, he can genuinely use both sides of the Force in balance.

No, an average Jedi Knight is not a less powerful Yoda by any margin. As far as the new Revanites go, when you put two & two together:

You realise they can or are on the way to doing that 'both sides of the Force' technique Revan uses and that they have horded Rakatan Tech, they are building their own faction split away from the Empire.

Perhaps more importantly this confirms Revan is not just becoming one with the Force, he can genuinely use both sides of the Force in balance.

Again I will judge that when I see the instance, but as far as I can tell sounds like non-sense to me. It was a Oneness moment, unless we are talking about the Pendulum of the force idea in which case that's hardly unique all kinds of factions did that, Jensaari, some NJO, so on and so forth, being a seperate faction with those ideas again is also not unique. Rakatta tech is overblown as always you know my view point on that. We know a Strike team takes them down, what exactly that strike team is composed of is unknown we will give that, but the fact that an instance exists for them it is just a strike team. Remember that the only cannon events for the "Character stories" are the Class quests all other things like FP yes a team of Jedi or Smugglers or what have you did it but NOT neccissarily THEE Jedi or Smuggler from the class stories. It was a strike team of some sorts and if they can take them down I see it no different then a group of Lords or Jedi, as always, a different path but the same power.

They are as much a "weaker revan" as a Jedi Knight is a "weaker Yoda" they both follow the path the other did and use the same techniques to a lesser degree. The Average Jedi could do everything Yoda could do except much less. I dont see the difference. Like I said I will wait and see it for myself, but I will likely see it just as I said there has rarely been any quote or video that has changed my veiw of the events being "overblown" even the way Luke as Grandmaster is talked about I feel is a bit overblown, but that is me I guess.

Example: People talk about Meetra or Revan being "weaker" then their KotoR or KoToR II counter parts in the Revan Novel to which I always claim BS no they werent, others just had an inflated Idea of their abilities. The games are vague for a reason, always have been especially since you can make them however you want. There was nothing in those games from my understanding of the events that the book counter parts couldnt have done. Including beating Traya or Nihilus or what have you, but overblowing the OR era is to be expected it is one of the most popular Star Wars Eras and when one is subscribed to SW The Old Republic Forums it is no surprise such things happen, but of course this is a discussion that has little to nothing to do with this battle, but one that will be held on these forums for all time. OR vs PT vs NJO I see all as equals different paths, different methods, same level of over all strength. Jensarri, Revanites even more different paths, but no better then Sith, or Jedi.... This is just how I view my Star Wars Cannon always has been always will be.

Edited by tunewalker

I appoligize if I said anything to upset you or took your point the wrong way by assuming it was being overblown, but I understood the Phrase that the Revanites would be more useful then the Revanchists to be that overblown statement. I feel that is a false hood. I feel both would provide an equal number of opportunities even if said opportunities are different. If you meant that the different opportunities the other group provides makes them uniquely suited I would say that is debatable. even if it has nothing to do with this current debate :D. Edited by tunewalker