Stronghold Packs Preview

Iwipe

Not all that impressed so far with this pack.

Mostly because the weapons look horrible (IMHO) and because of the re-coloured (or should I say re-patterned since we can dye) lore sets.

But, the packs aren't complete yet and there were very few lore sets (YAY! SATELE SHAN'S BOOTS!) so I expect to see more lore sets.

Exar Kuuns set didn't look right tho... I've yet to find a picture of him that looks like the outfit :/

EDIT: Something that I do NOT like is that the reputation vendor seems to have unique weapons and mounts.

So far the cartel pack rep vendors have had "slightly cooler" versions of the items in the packs which is ok. But having unique models is not ok in my book. That makes it mandatory to buy cartel packs if you want the items. And that is not ok with me. (that said, I don't actually like any of those items, so it's more the principle that bugs me)

Edited by OddballEasyEight

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not all that impressed so far with this pack.

Mostly because the weapons look horrible (IMHO) and because of the re-coloured (or should I say re-patterned since we can dye) lore sets.

But, the packs aren't complete yet and there were very few lore sets (YAY! SATELE SHAN'S BOOTS!) so I expect to see more lore sets.

Exar Kuuns set didn't look right tho... I've yet to find a picture of him that looks like the outfit :/

http://aneonabides.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/kun_double_blade.jpg

Missing shoulder pad on the left side. Probably bugged.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I don't post a whole bunch but when I saw Kreias robes I thought of Alec poster lol.

I really love Kreias character so I'm happy to see her robes get added finally.

Atris' robes would be a great addition now I think.

Edited by wiredgutter

Yeah, if the shoulderpad is added it'll look a bit more like him. But overall it doesn't look much like his outfit :/

But lore sets are sometimes not as close to the original as one would have liked.

Yeah, I kind of would have preferred if they had used this look for his armor, but if the shoulder pad does make it into the final version I have to say it looks like it will be a pretty faithful adaptation of this version from TOR's timeline videos.

Something that I do NOT like is that the reputation vendor seems to have unique weapons and mounts.

So far the cartel pack rep vendors have had "slightly cooler" versions of the items in the packs which is ok. But having unique models is not ok in my book. That makes it mandatory to buy cartel packs if you want the items. And that is not ok with me. (that said, I don't actually like any of those items, so it's more the principle that bugs me)

I agree with this 100% - I'm hoping that there are pack versions of the Throne at least that just haven't been added in yet at this early stage.

Thanks Dulfy!

I like the look, and animation, of the reputation vendor Stronghold Defender’s Blaster and Sniper Rifles.

I'm disappointed that the Feral Visionary Armor is another set where the armor's top looks fearsome on male characters, but is a belly shirt on female characters.

I have Mira's armor, and a color change isn't enough to get me interested in the Mantellian Privateer Armor Set. I do like the way the colors look on the Mantellian set, though. Same for the olive green color of Mira's armor.

I still remember how he looked. For what is worth, it looked faithful enough. :D

If they took the Kamas of the Revered Seer's chest and added it to the Exar Kun chest minus the cape and added the shoulderpads plus some front armor.

It would be perfect.

I am bloody furious, that's what I am. I saw them at work last night and it really ruined my evening. Out of so many Jedi in the 'verse the only robes we get any time soon are ones designed with females in mind (Satele + Kreia). Kreia's robe is yet another of 90% Jedi-based sets which has a forced hood. Why can't we get robes, I bet, every player was wearing as The Exile when playing KotOR 2 (see my sig)? Why can't we get Master Kavar's? Those are generic, both sex-friendly Jedi robes without forced hoods.

I am bloody furious, that's what I am. I saw them at work last night and it really ruined my evening. Out of so many Jedi in the 'verse the only robes we get any time soon are ones designed with females in mind (Satele + Kreia). Kreia's robe is yet another of 90% Jedi-based sets which has a forced hood. Why can't we get robes, I bet, every player was wearing as The Exile when playing KotOR 2 (see my sig)? Why can't we get Master Kavar's? Those are generic, both sex-friendly Jedi robes without forced hoods.

Are you serious???

Really.....

Why am I not surprised.

Are you serious???

Really.....

Why am I not surprised.

Ofc I am. Yet another set that covers the head, and this one practically covers the entire face. I am not complaining about the way they designed KREIA's robes but that they chose Kreia's robes. SO mad. And CS is being mean, not wanting to resture my tier one Guardian chest piece so I can get a hood toggle with rakata/columi/tionese + Intimidator set.

Time for another thread...

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Ofc I am. Yet another set that covers the head, and this one practically covers the entire face. I am not complaining about the way they designed KREIA's robes but that they chose Kreia's robes. SO mad. And CS is being mean, not wanting to resture my tier one Guardian chest piece so I can get a hood toggle with rakata/columi/tionese + Intimidator set.

Time for another thread...

Not again...

Not again...

Bioware is trolling me.

Neither of the previously released, relatively simple Jedi tunics (casual combatant and Satele's) is male-friendly (first is skimpy, second one was designed with female character in mind in the first place). Then there is Kreia's set with its hood.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Bioware is trolling me.

Neither of the previously released, relatively simple Jedi tunics (casual combatant and Satele's) is male-friendly (first is skimpy, second one was designed with female character in mind in the first place). Then there is Kreia's set with its hood.

It has a plain look to it, long sleeves, hood that most jedi wanting to be secretive would wear. The chest itself is plain and clothlike.

Sounds like traditional robes to me.

While watching the streams I noticed in the preview window of many decorations cartel packs as source for getting these decorations. In fact, they were the same cartel packs names as those listed by Dulfy in this thread.

I thought we might be able to buy cartel packs that contain only decorations but now I fear they might add the decorations as rare drop to the normal cartel packs. But the new packs on the PTS seem to be without decorations or they are added later.

It has a plain look to it, long sleeves, hood that most jedi wanting to be secretive would wear. The chest itself is plain and clothlike.

Sounds like traditional robes to me.

90% of Jedi chest pieces with hoods have them forced up. Come on, some variety pls ? "To be secretive?" First thing you see a hooded character you think that the hoodlum is up to no good. :)

Edited by Alec_Fortescue