The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Upcoming Star Wars Novel starring Ventress & Vos!

Beniboybling

Exciting news from our panel Dave Filoni, executive producer and supervising director of Star Wars Rebels has announced Del Rey’s upcoming Star Wars novel. Starring Asajj Ventress and Quinlan Vos based on unaired Star Wars: The Clone Wars scripts, the book is being written by Christie Golden and is scheduled for publication in the summer of 2015. And Bonus! Check out the exclusive art by Aaron Mcbride featuring Ventress’s new look.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10514493_10152586491528713_5212322862697794050_n.jpg

Edited by Beniboybling

You think this'll retcon a good portion of Vos' undercover career?

Questions aside, I'm already excited for this.

Lawls, I don't care about Vos. As long as Ventress gets a story resolution. :D

Seriously though all that I'm sure was when Ventress was still Dooku's apprentice... so I expect is post-dark side. The fact that we have a former dark sider/Dooku pawn against former dark sider/Dooku pawn suggests they explore it.

Lawls, I don't care about Vos. As long as Ventress gets a story resolution. :D

Seriously though all that I'm sure was when Ventress was still Dooku's apprentice... so I expect is post-dark side. The fact that we have a former dark sider/Dooku pawn against former dark sider/Dooku pawn suggests they explore it.

I like Quinlan Vos. :(

Anyway, I hope this brings a resolution to Ventress' story (even though the original was good, it didn't give a definite answer to what happened to her), and I hope they don't retcon a great deal of Quin's story, especially the ending.

Wonder what time stream this will Occupy.

We know Vos survived Order 66, it's possible Ventress did too, this could coincide with Episode 3...

That's a good point. That could actually make for a very interesting plot.

I was severely dissapoint when they didn't kill Ventress by having Anakin kill her in Dark side anger. Hopefully Darth Vader will finish her this time. Quinlan Vos has been one of my favorite characters and I hope they give him satisfying conclusion, I really don't care for the retcons.

The fact that we have a former dark sider/Dooku pawn against former dark sider/Dooku pawn suggests they explore it.

Do we have any indication that Vos was a dark-sider/Dooku pawn in the Canon-verse? I thought his only Canon appearance was the episode or two of TCW he was in with Obi-Wan when they were hunting Zirro. I mean, I'm not sure why they would single him out to use as the focus of a novel if they weren't planning on importing a lot of his Legends-verse back-story, but who knows?

We know Vos survived Order 66

By the same token, his survival was definitely from what is now "Legends" so that's far from certain in the Canon.

Ventress having hair, though, certainly does make it look like this is set post-TCW.

Nope, TCW says she was a Nightsister sold into slavery.

It's a lame retcon, but it's not the worst thing TCW has done.

Lame? It's so much cooler than being some random Rattataki.

Edited by Selenial

The point is that it was unnecessary. Just like making Maul a Nightbrother was unnecessary.

Not really.

It made the story cooler, and tied it in to way more places. Have you read Son of Dathomir? cause JESUS, there's one hella cool plot in there...

Maul is Talzins son.

Not really.

It made the story cooler, and tied it in to way more places. Have you read Son of Dathomir? cause JESUS, there's one hella cool plot in there...

Maul is Talzins son.

I have the current three issues of SOD. It's awesome. I wish it was put on screen because it really is much better than the majority of TCW content.

Anyway, I'm not saying that some of the retcons are bad. I just feel that they were unnecessary in some places. But that's just me hating change.

But I still can't forgive what they did to some of my favorite characters.