The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Actually Excited for Rebels now!

Selenial

look at the animation for Rebels so far and get back to me... I don't care who they have running it, with animation like that it looks like it won't be that great.

Like I said earlier though, if the animation evolves like TCW's did it might become a half-decent series, but expectations are very low at this point.

Eh, different strokes for different folks. Story, character development and plot are waaaaay higher on my list of things I care about in a show than animation quality.

As long as it has those things, my only standard for the animation is "can I tell what is supposed to be happening in this scene?" and "can I tell what emotion/reaction the character is supposed to be conveying there?" Beyond that, it can look like season one of ReBoot for all I care.

I am glad you like it and you are optimistic.

I was pretty optimistic but having seen the new trailers, I have little faith.

The animation, I am not too keen on; but its that sling shot that really had me feeling uneasy.

Ezra is coming off very disney cartoon hero, IMO.

This makes me a bit concerened about the entire franchise really.

It just seems they toned it down alot, pulled all the serious games and EU books out of development, is this just going to be a kid friendly show?

Heck, now I am concerned about the new movie, I had alot of hope becasue of Avengers, but Toys sell and kids buy toys.

I know JJ Abrahms did a good job with Into darkness, but then I liked what Dave Fllioni was doing with clone wars, so how much creative influence will disney have over the future of all things starwars? Is the future just a toy grab so it will be aimed at just kids.

It's such an interesting world that starwars is set in. I hate to see it demolished in favor if just selling sling shots and lunch boxes

Edited by kirorx

I'm hoping Luminara did survive, and it's not a trap, but I just can't escape the question as to why she wasn't executed on Sight like Jedi should have been....

Somehow I doubt she's going to survive, but it'd be great to see her...[/color]

My understanding is that Luminara Unduli died on Kashyyyk. You see her on the Wookiee planet in Revenge of the Sith with Master Yoda and Quinlan Vos. She was in charge of the 41st Elite Corps. She was shot while healing the wounded. Like Aayla Secura, she never had a chance to defend herself.

The only Jedi that left that planet appears to be Yoda.

I have a HUGE issue with Jedi carrying blasters. That is NOT what they are taught. A Jedi has all they need in the Force, and a lightsaber on their person. Nothing more is needed.

Correction: Okay, having seen the video, I want to know how she escaped all those clones on Kashyyyk.

Edited by DarknessInLight

I have an issue with the Inquisitor character. Why isn't Vader hunting down the Jedi? I thought that was standard accepted lore that Skywalker/Vader was tearing the galaxy asunder trying to hunt down the survivor of Order 66, partially because he wanted to find Obi Wan Kenobi?

I have an issue with the Inquisitor character. Why isn't Vader hunting down the Jedi? I thought that was standard accepted lore that Skywalker/Vader was tearing the galaxy asunder trying to hunt down the survivor of Order 66, partially because he wanted to find Obi Wan Kenobi?

The Galaxy Far, Far Away had quadrillions (quintillions?) of sentients. I'm willing to bet there were more "Jedi sitings" than any one man, even Vader, could personally follow up on. Plus while the standard characterization does indeed have him wanting to take a personal hand in tracking down Jedi whenever possible, he would have had plenty of other responsibilities within the Empire (tracking down stolen Death Star plans for example).

Basically he can't be everywhere, so that's where the Inquisition (or at least the Inquisitor in the new Canon - I don't know if there's a broader organization like there was in Legends) comes in to pick up the slack.

I am looking forward to this show. The characters look interesting (and I like that the team as two female characters). I don't mind the animation style (it rarely bothers me, since I am not that much of a visual person, it is the stories that I am interested in). The clones wars show got quite good, and even though Rebels surely will be much more kids friendly (not that dark that clone wars has become) I still think that they can pick of a few things from Clone Wars. So, overall I will give this a shot, and probably stick with it.

Been following the promotional stuff on social media lately, and they are showing bunch of stuff about Kanan. Based on his lightsaber supposed to be easily concealed looks like he didn't command any Clones but was secret operator. Maybe working inside the separatists that's why he has blaster in order to fit in.

There are some pretty good words about it floating around the nets. Here is one link:

It Feels Like the Original Trilogy

Comedy, Drama, Romance, somebody epically messing up – yup, this is the Star Wars us 30-somethings grew up with, in all the best ways. While Star Wars: The Clone Wars was an amazing show that gave us some truly great characters and even better character moments, with a sprawling cast and events happening all over the galaxy, it was hard to get that same feeling we all had watching the original trilogy for the first time. Episodes like “Rookies” and much of the interaction between Sabine/Obi-Wan or Anakin/Ahsoka hit the right notes, but it was impossible to maintain across every season and every storyline.

The Impact of the Era

There’s no denying it: it’s just plain cool to see TIE Fighters and Stormtroopers on the screen once more. Just as Dave Filoni and his team have said how much fun it is to finally be drawing these things, it’s impossible not to have a little burst of excitement every time you see one of the character or vehicle types you knew so well back in action. The era also allows for the Jedi to feel more special than they have in recent stories, as mentioned before. Perhaps most importantly, though, is the feeling of dread that pervades the galaxy, because out of that dread comes hope.

The animation style may take just a little getting used to but I'm looking forward to this. I have great faith in Dave Filoni and Greg Weisman.

I'm just really crossing my fingers that the Greg Weisman curse doesn't kick in. Most of the animations under his belt garnered huge followings (Young Justice, Spectacular Spiderman, Gargoyles) were tragically short lived.

My only pet peeve is they made Ezra look and act like Aladdin. That little sneak peak 7 minutes on Disney XD he saved a fruit merchant from being carted away my stealing a Imperial's comlink, faking a distress signal to get the imperials leave the merchant away, than Ezra steals his food and jumps away. Few minutes later, hes stealing a bike from the main Rebel crew and they give chase.

Edited by Nickious

I can't stop watching this trailer and every time I find it more awesome. Stand out moments:

- Reveal of Luminara with the suspenseful music in the background.

- Ezra kicking *** with the force and Kanaan looking at him: "damn..."!

- The might of the Empire: "Have no fear, help is on the way"; "ADVANCE AND FIRE" !

Vos was on Kashyyykk, he escaped. So did Yoda. :p

If she did escape this makes the clones on Kashyyykk the worst soldiers EVER, they had the jedi unaware (except Yoda) and still couldn't kill any of the three jedi that were there, all of which were pretty much directly in front of them. How many troops do you think Vader chocked after this? :D

Is it just me, or do those rock formations in the wilderness of that planet look a lot like killik nests? O_O
If I recall they were inspired by sketches of Alderaan, which were meant to be Killik nests... or inspired Killik nests.

EDIT: http://31.media.tumblr.com/31f8ca26e464b76beb4f4197997a5fbf/tumblr_mqme19eccg1rvrm24o2_500.jpg That's a Ralph McQuarrie sketch.

Edited by Beniboybling