What Is The Gree Event?

ValidAvailable

Thanks, folks. I am just going to move my quarters to Section X and continue to RE to see if I can get stuff in L52-53 to prepare for regular Ilum-Makeb -Oricon.

I can't group right now as I am away with an old laptop and an uncertain connection, so I will just do Gree next time it comes around :) I plan to be playing this game for a while yet.

Non-Gree Ilum is easier than Section X. Ilum was the original ending to the 1.0 version of the game and the story happens right after Corellia / Chapter 3 ends. The 2 Flashpoints at the end are 2 of my favorite Flashpoints in the game. Section X wasn't released until the F2P update about a year later.

The solo areas in order of toughness:

Ilum -> Belsavis -> Black Hole -> Section X -> Makeb -> CZ-198 -> Oricon

Gree Event is about the same toughness as Makeb. The regular mobs are harder than Makeb's, but Makeb has some tough bosses while the solo bosses in the Gree Event are easy.

(Voss Heroics now have a Reputation track. If you can get 1 other person to do them with you, they are about the difficulty of Ilum: very easy to do. Solo, they are about the difficulty of CZ-198.)

Take a look at this guide to what to do after Chapter 3: http://dailypvp.com/games/star-wars-the-old-republic/guides/guide-to-star-wars-the-old-republics-story-after-chapter-3

Edited by Bstr

Okay, I finished the 3 dailies this morning. What I was triggering were the Ancient Gree Collectors and those were the ones that killed us. The normal mobs are Okay, though Riggs did die a number of times (in an annoying fashion hitting the ground with the last of the mob). My character only bought it a few times (in a boss battle with a captain and a couple of times running afoul of the elite droid groups) so overall repair bill from yesterday and today was 17 thou. I think if I switch to Treek, I can run the non-heroic dailies for less investment in the cost of death, but I'd rather stick with poor Riggs.

If that's the level I can expect on Makeb, that means I can start this character on the final lag of the journey then. :) Well, I guess that's good news, right?

I looked at my gear, and it is a mix of 112, 116 blues with some 140's. With a star of my collection being a L54 purple implant. So, yeah, I have waaaaays to go yet.

And, somehow I hit L55. Darn. Now I feel like a kid who repeated a grade a few times.

Edited by DomiSotto

Congrats on doing it, and yay on 55! :) Hint: if you raise your rep to 7500(that's about half of your weekly's rep cap), you'll be doing extra quests such as visiting Gree droids on Voss, Tattooine, Coruscant, Quest, Hoth and Alderaan. That won't be very interesting, though, but it's nice if done once, and there's some dialogue.

(RE: Gear. There's a small droid on the fleet that would give you Oricon quests - series of dailies that would give you 156 purples. With your gear, though, I'd currently only recommend doing Oricon in a group).

Nope, won't be able to. Internet here sucks, run half the time on the red bar, and tomorrow will be departing for the Internet Blackout Land.:( Gotta see if I can finish the 3 Gree dailies one more time today, but that's that for this time around.

Nope, won't be able to. Internet here sucks, run half the time on the red bar, and tomorrow will be departing for the Internet Blackout Land.:( Gotta see if I can finish the 3 Gree dailies one more time today, but that's that for this time around.

Hey Domi - you might want to consider spending an hour running around a low-level planet like Alderaan/Tattooine/Hoth blitzing the heroics. You can solo them in minutes and they all give you planetary comms as rewards, which you can then use at the Makeb comm vendor on the fleet to at least gear yourself in 140 purples so that you're better equipped for Ilum, Black Hole, Sec X, and Makeb!

Doing that too! Lol! I am trying absolutely everything I was advised and I can find time for to bring my Legacy to the appropriate level of equipment and credits. :) My goal is to develop each subsequent character smarter than the previous one, heh.

They are actually perfect venues to train keybinding and rotations as well, since the mobs take time dying and no damage is done.

And, yay, I managed the Gree 2nd time with only 2 death by stupidity.

Edited by DomiSotto

This event was pretty awesome. I had never done it before after playing for a year (The first event happened before I had any 50+ toons, and the 2nd event was during the holidays where I didn't have time).

I have 6 55 toons and another 1 over 50, so I have had plenty of time to do the dailies, quickly reaching newcomer so I could take down Xeno in both SM and HM in 16 man groups which was awesome. I hit my rep cap after 48 hours I think. I probably have enough to max out next week and then the week after (or at least I hope to by tonight).

First time 3 healing a 16 man HM with 156 gear. In a pug group no less. We fought one of the other WBs on the imp side with a 20something person group with about 6 republics being there to PvP us in the middle of the battle. We were still able to beat the boss, though.

Things I've learned:

- Don't rez a friendly if they are tagged for PvP as you will also become tagged. Been playing for a year, never knew that. Apparently it was hailed as common knowledge. Of course, I have never PvP'ed outside of the warzones either.

- 3-manning the H4 is difficult without an actual healer.

- When people try to get you to do the H4 in the PvP area because it is "easier", don't do it. It may look empty, but all it takes is one stealthed assassin to mess up your day.

- For that one droid inside the gray secant, only use the blue orb to kill the last droid. Nothing else works on him. Plus, he kills off your companion in one shot, FYI.

- For that one droid inside the gray secant, only use the blue orb to kill the last droid. Nothing else works on him. Plus, he kills off your companion in one shot, FYI.

That droid is an interesting one. I got some more advice, I think(learnt it the hard way):

- if you use Unity plus Heroic moment one second prior to targeting the droid, you'll keep being healed and your companion won't die(and the droid may well target him instead);

- space your blue orbs. Each time you hit him, you get a ~3-sec debuff that makes your orb deal 20% less damage. Debuff stacks and after five stacks, your orb has to go through a massive cooldown. So just wait ~3 sec after each attack.

- keep moving, naturally. Get out of orange circles, that's for sure.

- don't attack a droid that is already engaged(looks grey, not red, before the attack) - won't do anything for you.

Only got to Xeno SM/HM once, and to the WB's - twice(couldn't stand the waiting, not a team player, I guess), but it was fun. Me being a dps through and through, I never got flagged even when entering the heroic with flagged people. And, yeah, never came close to that PvP area.

Hey Domi - you might want to consider spending an hour running around a low-level planet like Alderaan/Tattooine/Hoth blitzing the heroics. You can solo them in minutes and they all give you planetary comms as rewards, which you can then use at the Makeb comm vendor on the fleet to at least gear yourself in 140 purples so that you're better equipped for Ilum, Black Hole, Sec X, and Makeb!

This is a fantastic idea, Domi, and you should do it.

Pick your favorite midbie planet and blitz all the heroics, netting a tidy sum of planetary comms which you can then spend for 140 mods from the Makeb vendor!

This is a fantastic idea, Domi, and you should do it.

Pick your favorite midbie planet and blitz all the heroics, netting a tidy sum of planetary comms which you can then spend for 140 mods from the Makeb vendor!

Yeah depending on your class if you can pick up the Ord Mantel heroics (i.e. Trooper or smuggler) you can get 9 comms for 5-10 mins work (thats picking up and completing quests depending on how many others are on the island doing the quest).

When I was farming planet comms I was doing the following: -

Ord Mantel - 9 Comms (10 mins)

Courscant - 8 Comms (30 mins approx)

Taris - 18 Comms (30-40 mins approx)

So I could pick up about 35 comms (not including any random comms loot) for about 2 hours "work" though it was incredible boring so I stopped the end of Taris, I probably did not pick the most efficient planets to farm as I am sure there are planets that would gain more comms than courscant but I chose the ones I felt I knew the quest giver locations and the ones I could complete the fastest.

Plus if you could time it right you can actually complete these quests twice in a day (i.e. if you don't work weekends) which nets you half of the total comms you need for Makeb level gear.

Edited by Jedi_riches

I normally just pick a planet that is just ahead of the bulk of my characters to have the blue drops mailed to them, and/or the one that has the valuable crafting mats. And/or the one with a bonus series I skipped. Two birds and stuff. The biggest challenge is finding the H4+, tbh.

Aww, too bad Gree is over, I only got my feet wet :) Next time!

Edited by DomiSotto