Please add a "sound in background" option.

fluxdadaone

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was one of the first things I noticed when I started playing. I often minimize the window to do other things, and it would be nice to know if something is attacking me, rather than bringing the window up again and being dead...

Granted, I shouldn't be standing in a place with aggressive mobs to begin with, but I do that in another megapopular MMO all the time, because I can always hear what's going on.

I was thinking for days to post the same thing.

I too use a dual screen setup and play in window(fullscreen) especially during cutscene I often find time to do quick a few things. Unfortunately the audio gets cut off when the window lose focus. :(

Edited by Dragoon-

I've been trying to figure out for a very long time how to make this work. It was never a problem for me in, well, that "other" popular MMO. I could switch back and forth with no loss of sound. It's very annoying that I cannot do it in SWTOR.

I'm really BEGGING for this feature to be added to the game. Consider me /signed as well!

I think they took it out of beta around the same time they put the camera snap back in...

But ya, it's kind of annoying. I find myself just turning off sound completely and space-baring rather than hearing like half-conversations while I get a message in facebook/skype whatever, and have to change my focus window to that particular program.

Only time I leave sound on is during pvp so I can hear the mass-speeder sound.

Add another /signed (I've posted in other threads about this too, including one I made myself).

It's very annoying to not get feedback on Crew Skills completing just because I'm in another window on my 2nd monitor.

Oh, and we should try our best to get a question about this in the weekly Q&As ....

Edited by Athunt

Dear Everybody-

Considering I just found this thread by searching for "windows game play sound in background" and following the link here from the first page of search results, I would also like to see this feature added within the SWTOR client.

And here's why... I utilize two displays at home: 1.) My 15" laptop display arranged below my, 2.) 24" widescreen display. I prefer to play on the big screen and have a web browser and chat windows in the bottom screen. It's like fire-in-my-eyes frustrating when, even in windowed-mode, the SWTOR client will not play audio unless the game has focus.

I mean, I love deeply immersing game play... But on my terms!!

I feel that the option to have the audio for the game continue while the game client is in the background would be very valuable to the community and allow for a more flexible desktop setup. For serious, like people who play games in windowed-mode at work. These are the people you want to keep hooked!

Please consider implementing this feature request!

Thanks, and stay classy!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.