Madness Assassin PVP Question about spec.

FinalArbiter

as long as we are posting builds heres my build atm http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200ZfrZfMfRrMkrfMR.3but after reading this thread i think ill start fooling around a bit more, and please tell me what you think of this build, I do have the 4 piece force master set for the extra shock range.

i was thinking about trying out this build so feedback would be much appreciated

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200bcZbMZf0fRrrkrfMR.3

Extra stealth speed and strength is pretty useless. You use blackout before opening anyway because there is no other use in madness.

Also, you don't use shock unless for a little filler rarely. 2 piece master, 2 piece stalker is better. Longer force slow range is better for keeping enemies in range. Alternate it with creeping terror to prevent kiting.

as long as we are posting builds heres my build atm http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200ZfrZfMfRrMkrfMR.3but after reading this thread i think ill start fooling around a bit more, and please tell me what you think of this build, I do have the 4 piece force master set for the extra shock range.

i was thinking about trying out this build so feedback would be much appreciated

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200bcZbMZf0fRrrkrfMR.3

1. first build: you don't need any boost at force management in pvp especially if you play with torment talent. Plus chain shock is not worth to take because you don't use it so often, *almost* never. As sustained dps spec i'd take the 3% of arm pen to increase overall damage.

2. as I wrote on first point, you won't use shock so increasing its range is not worth, also first set bonus of stalker seems useless but trust me, it's really nice imho. It can make some of your fights.

3. A bit better but is better to take torment instead Shadow's respite (you don't have a reduced CD of vanish also and can't use blackout out of stealth)

Extra stealth speed and strength is pretty useless. You use blackout before opening anyway because there is no other use in madness.

Also, you don't use shock unless for a little filler rarely. 2 piece master, 2 piece stalker is better. Longer force slow range is better for keeping enemies in range. Alternate it with creeping terror to prevent kiting.

The Obfuscation talent doesn't give extra stealth speed. It gives more combat speed. The reason is that it does not stack with sprint (and when you are stealthed you are using sprint). Thus you move faster when you are actually in combat (a bit closer to sprint speed but not quite) and are able to catch up to ranged who are trying to kite you better.

I agree with your point that 4 piece force master is useless though. As a balance shadow, I never use Project (jedi version of shock). Yeah if someone with 2000 HP and all DoTs already on them left is 8m away from you and you really don't have Force Slow/Force Speed up, then sure, Project/Shock is the right thing to use to burst them down before they get another heal...but that pretty much never happens to me. o_O If it does, my ticking DoTs will likely finish them off regardless. Having 15m range on project/shock seems entirely pointless compared to 15m range on Force Slow which is insanely useful.

@ The guy that posted the 0/9/37 build...just know that you are sacrificing a LOT of DPS from not having Charge Mastery talent from the Kinetic tree. The reason is that Charge Mastery has awesome synergy with the Exploitive Strikes Talent. When your charges crit, it counts as a Force crit, and that gives you a 9 percent critical strike chance. On my Balance Shadow I have that 9 percent crit chance buff running nearly 100 percent of the time simply due to my Technique critting around 75 percent of the time (30 percent natural crit chance + 45 from talent) ..More crit chance helps my Double strikes do way more damage (you get a 50 percent surge buff on that ability from talents), and my spinning strike crits a lot more as well.

Double Strike/Thrash is a huge part of your DPS with this spec, don't ignore them and put 5 points in kinetic/darkness tree and you will see a lot higher numbers with that skill. I wouldn't be surprised if you get 300-500 more damage on average every time you use that skill with just those 5 points. It might not seem like a lot but it adds up from using that skill so much.

For the second build, I agree 100 percent with Ilnox, dark embrace is useless. Go Torment for sure. The spec I included in my last post is perfect, I've been playing it for a ton of warzones and it works without a hitch. Every time I die stupidly, its because of a mistake I made or because I was outgeared, never because of the spec.

Edited by FinalArbiter

The Obfuscation talent doesn't give extra stealth speed. It gives more combat speed. The reason is that it does not stack with sprint (and when you are stealthed you are using sprint). Thus you move faster when you are actually in combat (a bit closer to sprint speed but not quite) and are able to catch up to ranged who are trying to kite you better.

I agree with your point that 4 piece force master is useless though. As a balance shadow, I never use Project (jedi version of shock). Yeah if someone with 2000 HP and all DoTs already on them left is 8m away from you and you really don't have Force Slow/Force Speed up, then sure, Project/Shock is the right thing to use to burst them down before they get another heal...but that pretty much never happens to me. o_O If it does, my ticking DoTs will likely finish them off regardless. Having 15m range on project/shock seems entirely pointless compared to 15m range on Force Slow which is insanely useful.

@ The guy that posted the 0/9/37 build...just know that you are sacrificing a LOT of DPS from not having Charge Mastery talent from the Kinetic tree. The reason is that Charge Mastery has awesome synergy with the Exploitive Strikes Talent. When your charges crit, it counts as a Force crit, and that gives you a 9 percent critical strike chance. On my Balance Shadow I have that 9 percent crit chance buff running nearly 100 percent of the time simply due to my Technique critting around 75 percent of the time (30 percent natural crit chance + 45 from talent) ..More crit chance helps my Double strikes do way more damage (you get a 50 percent surge buff on that ability from talents), and my spinning strike crits a lot more as well.

Double Strike/Thrash is a huge part of your DPS with this spec, don't ignore them and put 5 points in kinetic/darkness tree and you will see a lot higher numbers with that skill. I wouldn't be surprised if you get 300-500 more damage on average every time you use that skill with just those 5 points. It might not seem like a lot but it adds up from using that skill so much.

For the second build, I agree 100 percent with Ilnox, dark embrace is useless. Go Torment for sure. The spec I included in my last post is perfect, I've been playing it for a ton of warzones and it works without a hitch. Every time I die stupidly, its because of a mistake I made or because I was outgeared, never because of the spec.

It is most definitely stealth speed. I raced a sin with points in it while i didn't.

thanks you guys for the tips already changed specs to 5/2/39 i wanted chain shock because of the old school madness thats how i learned to play it anywho ive been going back and forth between gear setups ive tried all power then power and 20% crit then 25% then 30% and atm im full min/maxed crit 34.45% with 77% surge now i have to min/maxed sets one for power and one for crit. So far full min/maxed crit is kinda fun get almost 700hp back per tick of CrD and when my crit relic procs my force crit chance goes up to 50% crit chance. Playing like this kinda works for me but i would be interested if your thoughts about this and i have never done phrases b4 but if anyone can point me in the right direction ill give it a shot.

thanks you guys for the tips already changed specs to 5/2/39 i wanted chain shock because of the old school madness thats how i learned to play it anywho ive been going back and forth between gear setups ive tried all power then power and 20% crit then 25% then 30% and atm im full min/maxed crit 34.45% with 77% surge now i have to min/maxed sets one for power and one for crit. So far full min/maxed crit is kinda fun get almost 700hp back per tick of CrD and when my crit relic procs my force crit chance goes up to 50% crit chance. Playing like this kinda works for me but i would be interested if your thoughts about this and i have never done phrases b4 but if anyone can point me in the right direction ill give it a shot.

Thats at least 4.45% more crit than you should have and main stat/power relics is BiS