The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Battlegrounds Heats - Empire of Plagues vs Imperial Droid Division

Beniboybling

Don't underestimate the Rakghouls, it will be the last thing you do. :rak_06:

Seriously though, lets do a bit of rough math for a moment. Lets assume 1 P1 can be taken down by 5 Rakghouls, 1 P2 by 15 Rakghouls and a P3 by 50 Rakghouls. That means they'd need roughly 6,800 Rakghouls to overwhelm your dark troopers in a head to head assault. We have a population of 6 billion here, it will not be hard for the Empire of Plagues to round up civilians by the thousands and transform them into Rakghouls, achieving that no. will not be difficult.

Sure we have to consider other units and off course strategy, but that applies for both sides. The point here is that they can rapidly create an army of Rakghouls that could overwhelm the dark troopers head on.

That is something to be concerned about.

That is why the IDD can't afford to proceed at a slow but steady pace, eventually, if left unstopped, the entire population could be assimilated. Yes it would take a heck of a long time, but the important thing to take away from this is that the Empire of Plagues' army is potential infinite, the IDD need to strike hard and fast and finish their opponent before they're numbers grow to large. They need to reach right into the belly of the beast and tear out is beating heart!

Quick question, will these plagues be starting on the planet *minus rakghoul which is known* or will they have to be transported?

And while they could get overwhelmed with that many, I am still skeptical that rakghouls, no matter how many, could pry open a Dark Trooper suit. It is just too durable for bare hands, claws or not. *size might help though, Leviathans.*

If the IDD knows somewhat about what it is up against *there must be a specific reason the Empire sent an only droid division :d_wink:* Then they might do as you suggested and not give up on the planet and use the vehicles to fortify the Middle/Lower City and leave the Upper City in the hands of the local forces to hold for them.

If they get to the middle fast enough to fortify it slightly they will have a good base of operations to start delving into the Lower City, which, if I remember right, was quite cramped and did not favor swarm tactics at all. At that point I find it likely that the IDD would start setting up checkpoints as they cleared/relocated the areas. Both to fulfil their original goal of saving the population, as well as to take potential soldiers away from the EoP. If they are able to hold their check points they will slowly but surely be able to secure the level due to the small enclosed spaces allowing higher quality to rule over numbers. Sadly, the Enforcers and Spider droids are too large to fit in the Lower Level, so they would be acting as base Defense on the Middle City.

If the IDD can get a foothold in the Lower City before it is completely turned, they stand a much better chance of being able to progress and push back the EoP advances.

Edited by Silenceo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One big weakness of the Rakghoul virus is that it is limited in what species are able to be affected. Many nonhuman species were immune to the disease, specifying the version created by Muur which would be the one in play here. So a fairly significant portion of the population would be naturally immune to the plague.

One big weakness of the Rakghoul virus is that it is limited in what species are able to be affected. Many nonhuman species were immune to the disease, specifying the version created by Muur which would be the one in play here. So a fairly significant portion of the population would be naturally immune to the plague.

Not to mention the lower city had a literal army of criminal organizations which would not allow their members to just be killed/converted. One of the few cases where criminals would WANT to work with Imperials. With their knowledge of the area, it could allow the IDD to get past the EoP lines for some disastrous effects.

Also, the lower city knows about rakghouls as far as KoToR shows, which means that once they break into the Lower City *did I mention that due to the chaotic nature of the place, almost everyone would likely own a blaster?* they would be practically begging the thugs/gangsters/IDD to save them.

Quick question, will these plagues be starting on the planet *minus rakghoul which is known* or will they have to be transported?

And while they could get overwhelmed with that many, I am still skeptical that rakghouls, no matter how many, could pry open a Dark Trooper suit. It is just too durable for bare hands, claws or not. *size might help though, Leviathans.*

If the IDD knows somewhat about what it is up against *there must be a specific reason the Empire sent an only droid division :d_wink:* Then they might do as you suggested and not give up on the planet and use the vehicles to fortify the Middle/Lower City and leave the Upper City in the hands of the local forces to hold for them.

If they get to the middle fast enough to fortify it slightly they will have a good base of operations to start delving into the Lower City, which, if I remember right, was quite cramped and did not favor swarm tactics at all. At that point I find it likely that the IDD would start setting up checkpoints as they cleared/relocated the areas. Both to fulfil their original goal of saving the population, as well as to take potential soldiers away from the EoP. If they are able to hold their check points they will slowly but surely be able to secure the level due to the small enclosed spaces allowing higher quality to rule over numbers. Sadly, the Enforcers and Spider droids are too large to fit in the Lower Level, so they would be acting as base Defense on the Middle City.

If the IDD can get a foothold in the Lower City before it is completely turned, they stand a much better chance of being able to progress and push back the EoP advances.

The Blackwing virus and Gobindi virus would theoretically have to be transported (though Lokin may have some samples on hand) however the Rakghoul virus will be totally engineered by Karness Muur. Weaponised versions courtesy of the Biological Weapons Division may come later. Think this but with Rakghoul, obviously only effective on civilian targets. But beats rounding them up and having Muur transform them.

True, but eventually with Rakghouls all over them (literally) they will fail.

Good point, very good strategy. And yeah I think they've have basic knowledge of what a Rakghoul was and could certainly learn more from the local population who had frequent dealings with them. Also possibility of vaccination.

EDIT: Only issue is the size, the cityscape on Taris is vast and you can't cover it all. Which means they could reach out to other areas, you've have to effectively find a way to limit the battlefield to a single zone.

Edited by Beniboybling

Good point, very good strategy. And yeah I think they've have basic knowledge of what a Rakghoul was and could certainly learn more from the local population who had frequent dealings with them. Also possibility of vaccination.

EDIT: Only issue is the size, the cityscape on Taris is vast and you can't cover it all. Which means they could reach out to other areas, you've have to effectively find a way to limit the battlefield to a single zone.

I am assuming that the IDD begins operations almost directly above where the main reports of the EoP sightings were, so that to be effective the EoP would be forced to look to other portions of the area for victims. However, once the sightings start you can be sure that the underworld will be preparing itself, and they would be getting recrutis faster than popcorn popping due to the threat that the rakghoul they all know emerging on their level. Besides, these guys likely face danger on a daily basis and while not great, would be able to do something. Add that to the fact that there is still likely the local authorities, they could be used to help broaden the defenses on the Middle City while the Lower City is evacuated.

If the IDD manages to make contact with the underworld, it is likely they will order them to their checkpoints so that they can be checked as they ascend to the other levels. Not to mention to retain control the IDD would likely force the shutdown of any lifts that they themselves did not control. The entire planet would be put into Emergency Lockdown.

I think the I.D.D's best hope is to find some way to contain the Empire's forces so that they can't expand their reach to other areas of the planet. Not sure how they'll do that, though.

While the Lower City would be evacuating through the IDD checkpoints... I do have one question... Could the population work both ways? By that, I mean could the IDD conscript many of the citizens? They wouldn't be terrible great, most horrible *unless from the more brutal sections such as Lower City* but they would still be able to help limit the amount of rakghoul conversions, and help to defend the Middle City as well as the checkpoints bellow.

Side Note: Peoples thoughts on Underworld?

I am assuming that the IDD begins operations almost directly above where the main reports of the EoP sightings were, so that to be effective the EoP would be forced to look to other portions of the area for victims. However, once the sightings start you can be sure that the underworld will be preparing itself, and they would be getting recrutis faster than popcorn popping due to the threat that the rakghoul they all know emerging on their level. Besides, these guys likely face danger on a daily basis and while not great, would be able to do something. Add that to the fact that there is still likely the local authorities, they could be used to help broaden the defenses on the Middle City while the Lower City is evacuated.

If the IDD manages to make contact with the underworld, it is likely they will order them to their checkpoints so that they can be checked as they ascend to the other levels. Not to mention to retain control the IDD would likely force the shutdown of any lifts that they themselves did not control. The entire planet would be put into Emergency Lockdown.

They will start in the district featured in KOTOR, where the Imperial base is. And the Empire of Plagues will start in the Undercity district presumably directly below them.

Rakghouls > criminal scum. :D

Also, just a thought, but I think all of Warren's forces can climb the buildings.

They will start in the district featured in KOTOR, where the Imperial base is. And the Empire of Plagues will start in the Undercity district presumably directly below them.

Rakghouls > criminal scum. :D

Also, just a thought, but I think all of Warren's forces can climb the buildings.

I never said they would be great at dealing with Rakghouls, merely not free meals. And I actually doubt they can climb the skyscrapers. If they could, the Rakghouls would have already done so, considering they were not even able to climb fences in the Undercity...

Kiliks might be able to though.

While the Lower City would be evacuating through the IDD checkpoints... I do have one question... Could the population work both ways? By that, I mean could the IDD conscript many of the citizens? They wouldn't be terrible great, most horrible *unless from the more brutal sections such as Lower City* but they would still be able to help limit the amount of rakghoul conversions, and help to defend the Middle City as well as the checkpoints bellow.

Well, I suppose it's a question of fight or be turned into a monster. Most would fight, in my opinion. So you will probably get a good number to help out.

The Undercity, if that's what you're referring to, sucks.

They can conscript, but that means nothing when the rakghoul bites them. In fact, it only helps the AiR, as now those rakghouls have more knowledge of the IDD.

And I would agree the underworld would want to join you, but again, it may not last long, and many would likely not do anything. Think of a hurricane. It is a huge threat, yet many, many, many people will not evacuate or enter military safe zones. They would rather take their chances. It would likely happen more with armed criminals against a thing of rumor and gossip.

No way in hell would I sign up to fight rakghouls, lol I wouldn't sign up to fight anything full stop.

That would IMO only aid the enemy, you'd just be handing civilians to them.

I mean people really don't care about Taris, they just want to get the hell outta here and if you force them to stay you will most certainly have a riot on your hands.

Oh... they suck. :D

At least compared to actually military units, but their knowledge of the terrain would be useful in guidance and combat.

Those are the main reasons I bring them up.

And as for the gossip/rumors, these people have dealt with rakghouls before and know how horrible they can be, it wouldn't be too far of a stretch for them to want to evacuate if so many sightings were reported close together. Plus, everyone on Taris always WANTS to go to the cities above them. They are ALL being offered that chance.

Side Note: The criminals did possess energy shields in KoToR, did they not? :p As well as turrets.

No way in hell would I sign up to fight rakghouls, lol I wouldn't sign up to fight anything full stop.

I mean people really don't care about Taris, they just want to get the hell outta here and if you force them to stay you will most certainly have a riot on your hands.

Hence why they take the volunteers and those willing to fight first, and ONLY put them at the heavily fortified checkpoints, being those are likely the deadlier of the recruits. The conscripts would mostly be on the Middle City ensuring that there are no breakouts. Also, I highly doubt they would riot against the IDD when they know that the monsters of their nightmares they have known about since they were children, are trying to devour them all and rising out of the Undercity.

Side Note: Those who take refuge in the Criminal's bases likely would fair a decent chance of survival, considering how heavily fortified they are already. Matter of fact, the IDD might help fortify those more for those that are waiting for their turn to be processed before being sent to the Middle City. Fortified waiting rooms, if you will. Not to mention that the IDD would likely hire all of the gladiators from the Arena and the guns for hire in the cantinas to act as guards for these positions.

Star Killer would be one mean Sob for the EoP Rakghouls to have to take down.

Edited by Silenceo

The Anti-Alien League is always willing to defend Taris! :p

Hence why they take the volunteers and those willing to fight first, and ONLY put them at the heavily fortified checkpoints, being those are likely the deadlier of the recruits. The conscripts would mostly be on the Middle City ensuring that there are no breakouts. Also, I highly doubt they would riot against the IDD when they know that the monsters of their nightmares they have known about since they were children, are trying to devour them all and rising out of the Undercity.
Honestly I can't see many people volunteering at all, there chances of survival are literally zero.

Everyone's first thought is going to be, lets get the hell out of here and leave this planet to die.

You'd be surprised the effects panic can have, nobody wants to be on Taris when rakghouls are prowling the streets. It is the very horror of those creatures that will lead to an uproar if they can't escape them.

And honestly the IDD would benefit more by complying, throwing fodder at the EoP will only make them stronger, with every Rakghoul they take down one their ranks will be infected to take their place.

EDIT: Maybe, just maybe if you provide them with serums it might work. But it will be strategic and the IDD will need to understand that it is just a means of buying them time, freeing up forces so they can strike at the heart.

Edited by Beniboybling

Honestly I can't see many people volunteering at all, there chances of survival are literally zero.

Everyone's first thought is going to be, lets get the hell out of here and leave this planet to die.

You'd be surprised the effects panic can have, nobody wants to be on Taris when rakghouls are prowling the streets. It is the very horror of those creatures that will lead to an uproar if they can't escape them.

And honestly the IDD would benefit more by complying, throwing fodder at the EoP will only make them stronger, with every Rakghoul they take down one their ranks will be infected to take their place.

Normally the IDD would indeed let them leave. But since the Legacy of Terror is still in orbit, unless they own ships of their own, they are stranded. Once that sinks in they will realize it is either die fighting, or die running.

Besides, like I said, most of the unskilled ones would be on the Middle City, since they would be there anyways. The only difference is, that they have blasters and hundreds, thousands, or even millions of others with blasters as well on the same level. Doesn't take a crack shot to hit something with that many blaster bolts flying.

As for the ones in harms way, only in the check points, they will only be the deadliest, such as hired guns, bounty hunters, mercenaries, or even veterans. Criminals even if they decide to team up with the IDD. The only ones permitted down there are the ones who know how to use their weapons.

"EDIT: Maybe, just maybe if you provide them with serums it might work. But it will be strategic and the IDD will need to understand that it is just a means of buying them time, freeing up forces so they can strike at the heart."

I figured it was implied that the medical facility that has the serum on the Upper City would have distributed it to other medical facilities and begun mass production once the IDD knew they were facing Rakghouls.

Edited by Silenceo

I think the I.D.D's best hope is to find some way to contain the Empire's forces so that they can't expand their reach to other areas of the planet. Not sure how they'll do that, though.
Probably best to capitalise on the effects of the intial evacuation of all citizens close to them, and strike before the EoP can reorganise and assimilate people from other areas.

Or otherwise mobilise judicial forces to mass evacuate the planet.

However the Legacy of Torment will prove a problem here, its much easier to get around it from the inside. But when all the transports are coming from the same location going out, it will be easy for this massive vessel to position itself over the cityscape and shoot down anything the moves. Heck it could drop right down into the atmosphere.

At least compared to actually military units, but their knowledge of the terrain would be useful in guidance and combat.
On that note, didn't the Black Vulkars have a backdoor into the sewers. If they manage to gain there support they could deploy directly into the enemies base. The sewers being the most likely place that they will base themselves.

Probably best to capitalise on the effects of the intial evacuation of all citizens close to them, and strike before the EoP can reorganise and assimilate people from other areas.

Or otherwise mobilise judicial forces to mass evacuate the planet.

However the Legacy of Torment will prove a problem here, its much easier to get around it from the inside. But when all the transports are coming from the same location going out, it will be easy for this massive vessel to position itself over the cityscape and shoot down anything the moves. Heck it could drop right down into the atmosphere.

Evacuation would only be a trickle, due to the need to avoid that thing. Though, if the IDD fleet returns and manages to put that monster out of commission, then full scale evacuation can commence and the ground war just became a whole lot easier.

On that note, didn't the Black Vulkars have a backdoor into the sewers. If they manage to gain there support they could deploy directly into the enemies base. The sewers being the most likely place that they will base themselves.

Not to mention the most confined area. Refer to previous imagery of PII's walking shoulder to should, their repeaters blazing in the sewers.

If that were to happen then I have no doubt it would be game over for the EoP. Also since the Vulkars were almost entirely aliens they would be immune to the rakghoul virus by default. As well they were one of the strongest swoop gangs on the planet.

Backdoor + immunity + droids = $$$$$

Evacuation would only be a trickle, due to the need to avoid that thing. Though, if the IDD fleet returns and manages to put that monster out of commission, then full scale evacuation can commence and the ground war just became a whole lot easier.
That is the issue though, if it decides to hang right over the city (just imagine how terrifying that would look :p) they can't risk blowing it up, it would fall right on top of the IDD and destroy them.

And yeah accidental bombardment is aloud, no magical power is going to vanish it away. :p

So they'd have to draw it out somehow.

The other advantage this gives the EoP is that it means it can ferry forces to the Legacy and spawn them right on top of the Droid Divisions' forces. As Warren said you'd be facing a flanking attack, one from above and one from below.