The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

ROTS Novel - Contradictory battle scenes (against the film)

PadsterPwns

Does anyone else find it weird just how much the novel changes the outlook of the Mace vs Sidious duel and the Yoda vs Sidious duel? In the film it looks like Mace has Sidious beat which makes sense when you consider Vaapad and how it works and then in the film it looks like Yoda is dominating the lightsaber segment of their duel and has overpowered Sidious' force lightning but the novel says he never had a chance. Does anyone else just find that plain weird?

It was a fairly good read but I just found the changes they made to the fight scene too pro-Palpatine, I mean I know he becomes a freaking force demi-god in Dark Empire but I thought the film did the best job as it made it tragic showing how close the jedi were to stopping it but they couldn't because of the prophecy/destiny of Anakin and Luke

I don't really see anything contradicting in either fights really. All the novel shows really, is going more in depth as to what is going on, things that the film can't show. IE: Thoughts, emotions, etc

Mace won the duel via Vapaad amp, sinking immensely in it and so forth.

Yoda fought Sidious but eventually realized that he couldn't win.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I don't really see anything contradicting in either fights really. All the novel shows really, is going more in depth as to what is going on, things that the film can't show. IE: Thoughts, emotions, etc

Mace won the duel via Vapaad amp, sinking immensely in it and so forth.

Yoda fought Sidious but eventually realized that he couldn't win.

I guess, maybe it's just that I've seen loads of people ranting about how 'Sidious faked losing' and how Yoda was no match for Palpatine which tbh sort of ruins the point of the film which makes them look more on an equal level. Anyway thanks for saying you point of view it cleared things up a little