The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

First Grand Mount Pack(s)

I propose a walker flash-sale. :) 420cc, like Treek? I'll be buying five or six. :D

You and everyone else, which would kill their value for awhile... given 3-6 months however, when all the "sell fast" people were gone, sure...

But you KNOW that isn't going to happen. :)

Sure I do. :) Heh, I bought three Treek contracts back then(for 420cc each), and I remember how the market immediately got flooded with these. I got to selling mine(for peanuts, too - something like 1.7 mil each) only now. I could've waited another few months, but a month ago another Treek sale flooded the market, and I fear another one is on the horizon.

Back on topic, though, I don't see Grand Mount/Grand Pet packs being very successful, because there are so many mounts/pets no one would want. Sure, a chance of getting a skiff or an Aratech Blur is great, but it's too obvious we'd have better luck on GTN.

The value for these packs might be for new players who have nothing from those older packs.

As it stands, I have just over half of the mounts from the first two series of packs, the odds are, perhaps 50/50, that is get something I already have, and as for selling them, some older mounts go for big dollars, but many go for small dollars.

I still think an "all in" pack for each pack might sell well, one of everything from a given pack, all legacy bound, for the cost of maybe two hypercrates (14,000CC).

But I suspect they are doing well with the current system and see no reason to change it,

I still think an "all in" pack for each pack might sell well, one of everything from a given pack, all legacy bound, for the cost of maybe two hypercrates (14,000CC).

I fear legacy-bound mounts will sell much worse - the collection system allows the player to unlock the mount on 20++ characters, and the legacy mounts are only useful for one char. (I have a kingpin legacy-bound rancor on my main, but it's only useful for one alt, unlike, say, a CM rancor the player unlocked in collections).

I'd like the First Grand 'Pack' Series more if more than one item came from them. At least 2 or 3, to make it worth the price they get listed for.

I mean really - why buy something at 150 CC and only get one item, when you can buy one of the newer regular pack shipments for 160 or 320 CC, and get 4 to 6 items?

Or like when the First Grand Dye Module Pack was out and cost 150 CC and only gave one dye module; and there still is the regular Dye Module Kit at 200 CC? Which is the better deal that way?

• 2 months later...