The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Alternate Skill Animations Mega Thread

Yo! Since Sages (lol, great to play a class when one of the top 3 concerns is your appearance) asked about alternate animations for some abilities. Message was passed on to the team.

Now boys. What are your ideas? Which animations would you like to see changed, probably via items like Kick the Huttball!

Myself?

I play Jug and Guardian. I absolutely HATE the jumping and tumbling in the air involved in Blasma Brand, Overhead Slash / Impale. I'd love to get more "grounded" animations with some violent lightsaber attacks!

Overhead slash from lunge position, instead of jumping would be interesting. I'd love the animation for impale being the one Jaesa / Kira uses with one of her abilities (works with double and single lightsaber).

Force Scream - sure has to be a scream but i'd love to be accompanied by some violent-sounding ligthsaber strike!

Blade Storm perhaps 3 fast consecutive lightsaber strikes?

Master Strike / Ravage. This would be amazing! Remember katas from Jedi Knight series? Well, now you get the idea :)

Imo we should get items with buffs (like huttball kick) that persists thru death and lasts for like 99 hours (item reusable, of course!) and can be just easily removed with right click.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I once made a suggestion along these lines...but for different alternate animations.

I was thinking of two powers that would be great for a knight and a warrior.

However, instead of adding new powers...why not add new "animation skins" to existing powers.

These "animation skins"...if you choose to use them...would change the animation only of said powers:

Knight: Force Burst (would change the animation (and icon preferably) of Blade Storm)

http://www.torhead.com/ability/1S8Y0B8/force-burst

Warrior: Shock (would change the animation (and icon preferably) of Force Scream)

http://www.torhead.com/ability/f3D45Gn/shock

Edited by VitalityPrime