The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Add "Near Human" playable race- easy options for players for RP, easy $$ for Bioware

Seriously, how is this not a thing? :p

Make a "Near Human" race, have it be human in look, but with pink, red, orange etc skin shades, maybe extensively pale, add random hair colors and cosmetics that include "paint smears", tattoos, lip colorings, so on, 'odd' nosed faces, horn/hairlines, you get the idea.

A creative player could then make-

Kiffar

Arkanian/Arkanian offshoots

Ubese

Zeltron

Devorians

Seriously, tons of racial opportunities for players to make, which will bring not only new characters, but thus, new business for the Devs. Easy work (if my relative understanding goes) compared to some things, and some incredibly in-demand RP options for a lot of players.

First, hail and well met, Ser Cousland!

Second, I support anything that offers more customization. I don't think it is super easy but it is certainly doable. I would definitely buy a Near Human customization pack.

I would like to have it attached to Cyborg or even a whole new species, so that it is already flagged as 'not True Human' for the few times when being non-Human makes a difference in dialogue.

First, hail and well met, Ser Cousland!

Second, I support anything that offers more customization. I don't think it is super easy but it is certainly doable. I would definitely buy a Near Human customization pack.

I would like to have it attached to Cyborg or even a whole new species, so that it is already flagged as 'not True Human' for the few times when being non-Human makes a difference in dialogue.

the cyborg race isn't convincing. it's pretty much just a human with a few things on the face, when it should be full body. you should see circuits going down the body and voice distortion.

the cyborg race isn't convincing. it's pretty much just a human with a few things on the face, when it should be full body. you should see circuits going down the body and voice distortion.

You know, I was always surprised they didn't add Cybrog- Zabrak or something like that, even if just minimally, but I suppose the new cartel kits have a lot of options that way.

many dif many different combinations alien cyborg hybrids. And also how about a species not unlike the predator from the predator Alien movies or at least have some kind of an armor set that looks a little bit like it so you can make a cyborg alien hybred and you can have some awesome armor for it Edited by JJTEAMA

Honestly, I would be happy with a Kiffar pack for Humans, a 3 sets of hair and tats, for both males and females would be AWESOME! And an orange sleevless top that would apply tats to the upper arm. :) I would buy it in a jiffy for my one human character! Edited by DomiSotto

You know, I was always surprised they didn't add Cybrog- Zabrak or something like that, even if just minimally, but I suppose the new cartel kits have a lot of options that way.

i really think that cybernetics should be a design choice like scars or tattoos.

i also don't really think a cyborg eye and some stuff on the jaw really makes you a cyborg any more than someone with a hip implant. when people think "cyborg" they would probably imagine something with a bit more machine.

like i was saying cyborgs should be able to have circuits running down their arms and legs and maybe a claw for a left hand. maybe they could have a few small tubes and whatnot.

I really love this idea. If they add a new "exotic" alien species like Togruta, I'm pretty sure that their customization options are going to be pitifully limited like the Cathar's. I'd be just as happy to have something that allows the use of existing human customizations (faces, hair, etc). So many possibilities!

Honestly how is cyborg a species I mean nobody is born with the implants not in the Star Wars universe anyways. So it does not count so give a player option to turn whatever species are using into a cyborg I would like to see alien cyborg combinations would make game a lot more fun

Seriously, how is this not a thing? :p

Make a "Near Human" race, have it be human in look, but with pink, red, orange etc skin shades, maybe extensively pale, add random hair colors and cosmetics that include "paint smears", tattoos, lip colorings, so on, 'odd' nosed faces, horn/hairlines, you get the idea.

A creative player could then make-

Kiffar

Arkanian/Arkanian offshoots

Ubese

Zeltron

Devorians

Seriously, tons of racial opportunities for players to make, which will bring not only new characters, but thus, new business for the Devs. Easy work (if my relative understanding goes) compared to some things, and some incredibly in-demand RP options for a lot of players.

When the wild hair colors for 'Humans' came out, I was able to represent Theelins (as not all of them have the odd feet; only a few do, due to some other species mixed in).

And also, to a degree, Pantorans (minus, of course, the blue skin and yellow or white face tattoo designs) - but the yellow eyes and purple hair were now possible, so I thought I'd try it out. But it would be nice to see Pantorans get officially added, as they'd be like a human, except with blue skin, and either lilac (light purple), light blue, mint green, white or pink hair. Perhaps they could have diplomacy as their species special ability - or maybe something else that would work.

It was easy for me to represent a Kiffar, using the Human species - by selecting brown skin, brown/black hair, and one of the yellow or orange 'makeup' styles.

And it's already also fairly easy for representing an Arkanian Offshoot - just choose the palest possible skin tone, blue eyes, and white hair.

In order to make a Zeltron, you'd need just pink and magenta skin tones, and pink/purple/red for hair colors, plus a special ability for the species (like Flirt, lol).

Where as Devaronians would not really be near human, as they have two horns and bald heads (at least, the males do) and the females look different and don't have the horns. So I think, even through there have been some Devaronian NPCs and one companion, that still would be less likely than the other suggestions.

It was easy for me to represent a Kiffar, using the Human species - by selecting brown skin, brown/black hair, and one of the yellow or orange 'makeup' styles.

I found female make up insufficient compared to the bright war paint. Providing Corso had it circa beta, and there is a SIth lady with bright red face paint in the Revinite quest it would be nice to have it added for the pc (with a couple of recolors for both genders. Even some recolors of Miri tats. :)