The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

wondering about rifles and assualt cannons

rynlath

Not really looking for a huge long debate on the pros and cons (and not trying to be rude either to anyone or offend them).

But, I know there was discussion(s) on why the what is it commando class can't use rifles and such and some people talking about the skill line. But, what I was wondering can't they keep all the skill lines and just change the graphics of the cannons? I mean set it up as a cannon with all the code and all that complicated stuff (lol) but instead of the graphic being some huge monstrosity that you carry, make it look like a regular rifle. Can't this be done instead of having to change skill line or anything, was just wondering as I peruse the forums.

Not really looking for a huge long debate on the pros and cons (and not trying to be rude either to anyone or offend them).

But, I know there was discussion(s) on why the what is it commando class can't use rifles and such and some people talking about the skill line. But, what I was wondering can't they keep all the skill lines and just change the graphics of the cannons? I mean set it up as a cannon with all the code and all that complicated stuff (lol) but instead of the graphic being some huge monstrosity that you carry, make it look like a regular rifle. Can't this be done instead of having to change skill line or anything, was just wondering as I peruse the forums.

Commandos can use rifles if your a healer. Not sure.

There are only two abilities that require an Assault Cannon as a Commando: Charged Bolts and Hail of Bolts. That's it.

If you're a Commando Medic, it's a non-issue: you can wield that starter Republic Command Carbine from Ord Mantell from here to eternity, as long as you keep the mods updated.

If you're a Commando DPS...don't. You might be able to, but...just don't. It's not going to end well, especially if you group up for anything.

lol all I'm talking about was the skins of the weapons their looks (I know people have been upset that one class has to use cannon and can't use rifle) so my suggestion was to change the skins only (the way they look) other than that they can call them whatever they want and keep the code as a cannon or rifle just change their looks