The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Star Wars Rebels hopes (and what would crush them)

narindraad

I have to say, I'm looking forward to Rebels. I know a lot of guys would rather have their balls gnawed on by a drunken rakghoul than watch it, but I prefer not to judge before seeing the show itself. Clone Wars didn't really get going until the final two or three seasons. That being said, perhaps Disney will do what Lucas did with Jar-Jar in the prequels and adapt to fan criticism of the god-awful "Skyguy" and "Hutts with antebellum Southern accents" days of the early Clone Wars. Maybe then Rebels will start of like the ending seasons instead of restarting the hate-to-love cycle that the Clone Wars embraced. That's the hope at least. However, just to clarify, here are some things I don't want in Rebels-

1. Misunderstood teenagers saving the galaxy

2. Hutts speaking Basic

3. Twisting-around of Star Wars lore (I'm looking at you Morriband)

4. Preteens with tough-guy attitudes

5. Girl character who's femaleness is pointed out by sexist male who she then beats up

6. VIP's, rulers, and senators going on commando raids (Vader exempted)

7. Males being almost completely incompetent (I liked this when I was younger, but now it's just idiotic to have female characters being the only rational members of the group)

8. Making battles between Force-wielders and non-Force wielders completely one-sided

And that's about it. Some of these weren't in Clone Wars, I just don't like them in any form of media (especially Star Wars-related material).

Was this a giant list of complaints? Yes. But that's what forums are for- asking, insulting, and complaining