Dread Master Bestia

Been having some problems with this boss the past two nights on Story Mode, adds are spawning way too quickly. Dread Lava are spawning back to back, four Dread Monsters are up in under a minute and I've been doing this fight for 6 months now and something is off..

Anybody else ?

Similar problems here, but attributing it to composition of PUG groups. Biggest problem when playing my healer is DPS are not killing larva fast enough and too many adds spawn. Tried SM the other night on healer and we wiped 3 times on Bestia, gave up after that. Playing as DPS haven't had much issue on SM, just HM (due to newness of HM to me).

Been having some problems with this boss the past two nights on Story Mode, adds are spawning way too quickly. Dread Lava are spawning back to back, four Dread Monsters are up in under a minute and I've been doing this fight for 6 months now and something is off..

Anybody else ?

One tank picks up all the monsters.

The other tank picks up one monster at a time off the other tank and tries to get all the larvae.

All DPS hit the monster that's on the single monster tank. Larvae die to in-rotation AOE.

The fight is designed so that there will often be more than 2 monsters + Bestia out. That is fine. Just separate the monsters and kill them one at a time. The strategy will need refinement for HM and NIM but that's the gist of how we do it in NIM as well.

If you're having any trouble in any SM fight the problem is more likely with the DPS's skillset, not the strategy that you're applying to the fight. SM is designed to be possible to clear with just about any consistent strategy.

One tank picks up all the monsters.

The other tank picks up one monster at a time off the other tank and tries to get all the larvae.

All DPS hit the monster that's on the single monster tank. Larvae die to in-rotation AOE.

The fight is designed so that there will often be more than 2 monsters + Bestia out. That is fine. Just separate the monsters and kill them one at a time. The strategy will need refinement for HM and NIM but that's the gist of how we do it in NIM as well.

If you're having any trouble in any SM fight the problem is more likely with the DPS's skillset, not the strategy that you're applying to the fight. SM is designed to be possible to clear with just about any consistent strategy.

Actually, since in story mode monsters and Bestia do NOT buff damage of nearby monsters in SM the more effective strategy is to focus down the Larva ASAP while monsters are the last adds you leave up. In HM and on the strategy reverses to what you reccomended, but for SM groups can clear it easier by saving the big adds for last

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.