A PVP player bounty system that would work

ghoul_drool

Hey all,

I had a pretty nifty idea for a way to make PVP player bounties (which are so often requested) work without much hassle. I posted it in a topic that appeared to go south, so instead of letting a nice idea go to waste, I'll paste it here.

Imagine, if you will, a PVP terminal that gives out a daily mission. The mission: Kill a designated player target. Once you accept the mission, you also become a target yourself.

This works with a rock/paper/scissors system. If you accept the mission, you automatically become randomly flagged as:

- a republic/imperial Adjucator. Your job is to stop Bounty Hunters.

- a Bounty Hunter. Your job is to kill outlaws.

- an Outlaw. Your job is to take out Adjucators.

Once you've killed your target you immediately lose your designation and gain the set daily reward. If you're killed while designated, you have to return to the terminal and re-designate.

Simple, effective. One might even do something with an automatic stealth detection buff while designated to level the playing field. Level bracketing is possible.

What do you think?

• 8 months later...

I rather like the idea, but I'd love to see an ability to post bounties on people too. Like the previous leader of our guild stole all the money and mats out of the gbank then left the guild. How fun would it be to be able to post a bounty on him, or some other ninja looter etc. You simply go to the bounty terminal post the players name and give a reward for there stated crimes.

Think of all the gold spammers we could get money for finding and killing. :D

I rather like the idea, but I'd love to see an ability to post bounties on people too. Like the previous leader of our guild stole all the money and mats out of the gbank then left the guild. How fun would it be to be able to post a bounty on him, or some other ninja looter etc. You simply go to the bounty terminal post the players name and give a reward for there stated crimes.

On a PvP server, go wild.

On a PvE server, hell no.

Stuff like this only works if the targets opt in. Sounds kinda like the OP's suggestion requires such an opt in. Thus it is worlds ahead of most similar suggestions. Still has no chance, but at least it's better thought out.

Opt-in would be absolutely necessary for this on a PvE server. On a PvP server, opt-in would probably be the better choice as well.

It's not as fun as having it in-game, but really you could just make threads on your server forums and/or advertize in public chat. Require a screen shot of the kill or something. I remember people doing this to some success back when the game first came out. I agree that having an actual quest-like function would be potentially cool, but it will never happen.

Also, I think that if any pvp bounty system did ever come about, that the Bounty Hunter class should really be integrally involved somehow.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.