The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

A PvP a Day...

DomiSotto

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grrrrr, take a photo of that medals page and post it next time!:mad: Makes it more fun that way.:D

Eh, I rarely, if ever, take screenshots of my WZs final outcome, I find it less amusing than the tale itself... :o

Besides, numbers are usually misleading. ;)

I rarely, if ever, get high ones, and if I do it's because I'm basically ignored.

However, when I don't it's not because I do nothing. I proceed to Extricate the focused Healer, to bubble hte almost dead Tank, to offheal or cleanse the DoTted DPS or basically kiting ppl in Lightning spec. Heck, I think I'm getting famous, recently... as soon as the enemy team can see my nameplate they're all on me! :D

Mind you, I've becomea bit used to use - no pun intended :p - the Mark on me against the other team, especially in the 8vs8 WZs. An example can be Alderaan Civil War.

If I see we can't get mid, after I die and resp I go solo for their turret - not without announcing - and proceed to annoy the guard there enough to call reinforcements, usually 3 ppl. On my own, I can usually last a full minute, more if the other guy is a melee one, because I can count on Force Slow and Force Speed to run. The reinforcements coming to get me is the main thing, which allows us to cap mid usually. Of course, if I do that my DPS is lackluster at best. But I repay that with group utility. :)

In 4vs4 it's harder, but most of the times I use the fact they focus me right from start to my advantage. I remain a bit forward and tell my team to AoE on me as soon as they see enemies opening. Then I stun one, godbubble and see them just eat the AoE. ;)

Again, my DPS is not stellar. But we usually win that way. :o

And that's why I don't usually take screenshots. It's not the number of medals, the DPS value or the healing one that shows how the WZ was, if you played well or not. It's how the team worked together. And in hte final table, unfortunately, there's no value to show it. :cool:

Edited by Cox_The_Beast

You know, with the balance of classes being where it is, teams that are dominated by Shadows/Sins are ggoing to become a new norm, particularly in lowbie. Your medals are probably guarding? It is an interesting WZ. So, they were not capping at all, just playing for kills? So weird.

DeLanee, props on the Obroan!

Okay, i am off, gotta see how I will do today, as my Engineering starts developing.

EDIT:

Yeah, still not getting it, though some really fun games.

http://s1063.photobucket.com/user/Melirinda/media/SWTOR/Screenshot_2014-11-16_15_28_54_930851.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Edited by DomiSotto

Splendid!

I am pretty much decided to leave my Vanguard alone, and start working on my comms storage on my 2 mirrors as soon as I hit the 55 on the Sniper. I think this fast leveling is starting to feel too much like a job!

Edited by DomiSotto

A couple of Huttball matches, both losses, but this was very close. I am getting damages a bit better, but still not the best ball player :) I actually wished I could do more matches, but Taris has a very high mob density, so I only did the daily. I will try for more when I get to Taris. Gotta start learning to use EMP.

http://s1063.photobucket.com/user/Melirinda/media/SWTOR/Screenshot_2014-11-17_18_48_25_896661.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

A mixed bay today. Just atrocious on my Sniper - I am starting to feel the lack of higher level abilities. I might respec as soon as I hit L45 to go all the way up the tree, to get that Plasma probe to get a semblance of rotation. I got so tired of sacking that when a guildie asked if anyone wanted to go pub-side for dailies, I swapped to my old boy Tageren, and we did a Weekly together.

Of course we had our share of losses, even one match with a team-marking troll (who by whatever reason picked me to get marked as a tank and my guildie as a main focus - the joke was on him, lol). But we also had a couple of fun ball matches and overall, I enjoyed switching from a Sniper back to a more robust character very much. Don't want to go back to the good old Dusk Fell, but what can I do... level & forget, level & forget...

Here is one of Tag's zones:

http://s1063.photobucket.com/user/Melirinda/media/SWTOR/Screenshot_2014-11-18_16_24_24_841179.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

A mixed bay today. Just atrocious on my Sniper - I am starting to feel the lack of higher level abilities. I might respec as soon as I hit L45 to go all the way up the tree, to get that Plasma probe to get a semblance of rotation. I got so tired of sacking that when a guildie asked if anyone wanted to go pub-side for dailies, I swapped to my old boy Tageren, and we did a Weekly together.

Of course we had our share of losses, even one match with a team-marking troll (who by whatever reason picked me to get marked as a tank and my guildie as a main focus - the joke was on him, lol). But we also had a couple of fun ball matches and overall, I enjoyed switching from a Sniper back to a more robust character very much. Don't want to go back to the good old Dusk Fell, but what can I do... level & forget, level & forget...

Here is one of Tag's zones:

http://s1063.photobucket.com/user/Melirinda/media/SWTOR/Screenshot_2014-11-18_16_24_24_841179.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Engi is a tad... lacking until you get plasma probe. But once you do... oh man it's awesome.

Weird experiences tonight. A Pipeball match I thought we'd win, but lost, and a AHG which I thought we were losing, but we won. Shows you how much I know. Well, Pipeball, the other team rallied really strongly, so yay for them! But AHG, not sure, I guess our score was not that bad and the more experienced teammates just relied on the stealth cap to get the pylon. So they all sat on ours in the end. Weird.

Here is the pipeball:

http://s1063.photobucket.com/user/Melirinda/media/SWTOR/Screenshot_2014-11-20_16_34_15_083080.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

I also played a bad arena, and a Voidstar, and then I had to tear myself away from the zones, and went and finally hit L45. So, reskilled, went all the way up the tree, going to try the Plasma Probe tomorrow.

Cheers, folks! If anyone is still around :)

Weird experiences tonight. A Pipeball match I thought we'd win, but lost, and a AHG which I thought we were losing, but we won. Shows you how much I know. Well, Pipeball, the other team rallied really strongly, so yay for them! But AHG, not sure, I guess our score was not that bad and the more experienced teammates just relied on the stealth cap to get the pylon. So they all sat on ours in the end. Weird.

Here is the pipeball:

http://s1063.photobucket.com/user/Melirinda/media/SWTOR/Screenshot_2014-11-20_16_34_15_083080.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

I also played a bad arena, and a Voidstar, and then I had to tear myself away from the zones, and went and finally hit L45. So, reskilled, went all the way up the tree, going to try the Plasma Probe tomorrow.

Haha, we are, Domi. ;)

Just don't have much to say, at least on my part, so I just read. :p

heh, nothing to be proud of today, but I've met an Assassin I've liked (that's the first, I know). Must have been a really low level, but I managed to finish him off with the same debilitate/shiv/push/DoT/Plasma/Shots routine a couple-three times. I guess he was not getting it that he is not in stealth? Did not have a sap yet, but thought he can sap-cap? Training for when he gets real powerful? We've lost anyway, but whatever, I had my personal amusement on the node. Edited by DomiSotto

Okay, zones today were a wash (a facrolled Hyprgate and a <1 min 5x8 uttball that ended immediately after the fifth guy left on our side). In HG I was owned by a Sin that was high level, so things are back to normal. And would you believe it, I have forgotten the basics of defending node against a Sin (I tried to re-cap, what an idiot!), remembered them when it was too late, dart. Of course that had to happen on a day when the team had no interest in the Inc calls whatsoever.

I'll try to queue in the afternoon once we are back from doing the Family Things with my brain ON.

BUT! My husband wants to play the character that is paired with my Scoundrel, so OMG! I am getting into the lowbies with my Helaz for the Republic boy in December! :)

On my solos, I am planning to play my two cunning mirrors to Level 60, and then put them both on the PvE track. My VG tank and my Mad Sorc becomes my PvP mains, and my Mara is... well, kindda retired for now. I really want to get decent on at least 1 character, and stop swapping. So, I won't have 2 classes stories, but... whatever.

Edited by DomiSotto

Not much to tell. Got thoroughly wiped out on Lord Becchino, the Marauder, which was expected in L55 bracket & after not playing for weeks on her, but need to do more, to get her second relic. Glutton for punishment, lolz.

The Sniper ended up with relics and ear, and I am not all that keen to take her back in even though she finally has all the abilities (the famous roll). She dinged her L55, so I just switched back to my Vanguard, and the golden boy will be back in actions, though not so much a golden boy no more, as his equipment quickly gets dated :)

Yay, Republic!

Edited by DomiSotto

heh, nothing to be proud of today, but I've met an Assassin I've liked (that's the first, I know). Must have been a really low level, but I managed to finish him off with the same debilitate/shiv/push/DoT/Plasma/Shots routine a couple-three times. I guess he was not getting it that he is not in stealth? Did not have a sap yet, but thought he can sap-cap? Training for when he gets real powerful? We've lost anyway, but whatever, I had my personal amusement on the node.

Sins get Mind Trap at level 20. If you had Plasma Probe, he was well within the level range to have it. But as you guessed, it cannot be used out of stealth.

Yeah, we were in a 30-54 bracket. I guess the poor kid was even a bigger noob than I was. Oh, well.

Yesterday, I went and finished the Weekly on Becchino to get the second Relic, initially, then I decided I wanted a belt too, seeing that's my last chance at Obroan. Now, I want the wrists and offhand saber, but I also need to work on my Vanguard, so... hard. That's the problem with me - I start playing a character, I keep wanting to continue, but there is always someone else. Well, luckily the Vanguard is the last.

I needed 11 points, the zones were popping fast and furious (I am not the only one who wants Obroan, I am sure) . 3 wins, 5 loses, not bad overall. I was trying really hard to stay on top of using Crippling Slash, 4 defensive cooldowns (save for Undying Rage, that fell through the cracks) and experimenting with a Frenzy/Predation out of the gate on the team. Predating the whole group is HARD apparently. It's Okay when you get the countdown, but when you are in the death zone, everyone starts running and I end up the only one Predationed. I think I need like actually tell folks to hang back for a split second for the cast to initiate.

The screenie is purely gratuitous - I am running after a one hell of a premade (Hells Bells, I was getting healed!), so the other team gets face-rolled. Of course, I am doing silly badly anyway, but it's nice to be in the green. One thing worth noticing though, haven't sen it before posting is how well a healing Sorcerer does in that match.

http://s1063.photobucket.com/user/Melirinda/media/SWTOR/Screenshot_2014-11-24_16_47_18_374835.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Edited by DomiSotto

Alright!!! As of today I own six L55 characters: A Sniper and a Gunslinger; a Sorc and a Sage; and a Trooper and a Marauder. I now only miss two stories in my collection of classes, a BH and a Knight. Two of those chars have Valor of 40+: Gunslinger and Trooper.

I have just done something very odd. I asked for my flex to be moved from Tue, Dec 2nd to Monday Dec 1st.

About 4:38 am this morning, my Trooper finally hit L55 on Makeb (I was watching the clock, because I had to go make/pack b/fast, lunches etc). I sold out, and sent him to Makeb at level 47 w/o completing the Class Story.

Levelling is not the only thing that goes the way of Dodo at midnight. Obroan! I plan to enjoy the five up-coming levels, so I want Obroan for my PvP before I get to level 60. Seeing I have never managed to infiltrate a friendly Pub-side guild that does PvE content, basically, I am going to stick to PvP solo there, & forget PvE gear, Flashpoints and stuff.

I managed to send ~ 200 wz comms down the drain by accidently clicking the terminal on Makeb (I thought it was a Daily return, duh), and accepting the reward that went over the comm limit. Yeah, that’s ye careful planning Domi’s way!

The Trooper starts in 55 bracket in a terrible set of gear ripped off the Smuggler’s Treek, basically 140-156’s heavy on defence and aim (groan). There goes all my wonderful 30+ to Shield/Absorbtion…. I shudder to think what his performance is going be like in the L55 bracket providing I am undergeared & chronically underslept. So underslept it took me a bit of time to figure out how the famous Shoulder Cannon works. Still fuzzy on it. But I really want to see if I can go to full(ish) Obroan if I play-binge just PvP.

I also want to put as many pieces as I can on my Lord Dies-a-Lot & Relics on my Sage, because looking at today's Blog, it might be that people would stop cringing when they see a Seer in a zone.

Somewhere between all that, I need to shoulder in a bit of levelling on my Bounty Hunter, ‘cause hubby’s toon is L27, and she is L23. So, need to run through dat Balmorra & maybe part of Shaddaa. No PvP, I have no clue how to play her anyway – she was supposed to be a Pyro PT. Yeah. Never got ‘round to it.

So, my apologies, good Harbinger folk J At least I will be ye random drop from Nooberland on both sides. That should lessen the blow!

Lots more frantic matches - I remember a couple, where we pulled through by a sliver in Alderaan, and an entertaining Arena, where I must have been the first tank ever to go down with a team of 3 healers (the other guys were 3 dps and an operative). To be fair we held till the 'tie' announcement both rounds.

I still need greaves and boots. 2000 comms in 3 days... ouch. Don't think I will ever get to the bracers and belt, but whatever. The stats on my Supercommando are silly anyway. The gloves have accuracy. I guess after 3.0 my taunts will never ever miss. Yay! AT least I finally crested 35 thou hitpoints.

Edited by DomiSotto

OMG, we just won an Arena by, like, planning and sticking to it. We were pub vs pub. On their side we had Shadow and Balanced Sage with 2 scoundrel heals; and we had sage heals, scoundrel heals, DPS guardian and yours truly. We lost Round 1, and on the second round I suggested we keep the heals cc'd as much as possible and take out the Sage first. We manage to tie 2nd round and won by the skin of our teeth when the fog started pouring in; the second round, used the same strategy and actually managed to do the proper kill order: sage, 2 heals, then the hiding Shadow. 1 death in R2, 0 death in R3. I am as proud as if I scored in a Huttball!

Now, scoring in the Huttball is still not happening :rolleyes:

I am 300 comms away from the last piece of the 5-piece, the bootz. Yay! Then I am not sure if I should go for better Enhancements on the 5-piece, since I am heavy on defense now (14%) and low on Absorb (27%) or get me bracers and belt :)

Oh, my. I am trying not to think that I am a year too late doing what I am doing. Eyes on the future, right? :)

I ended up just swapping the enhancements on my 4 pieces of Obroan that give me set bonus. Gonna see if I can get the relics for the Sage-Seer today. Because if I can't, I am not sure if she is going to be viable at all, since she is woefully undergeared (140-148s, some 156s).

Stop trying to focus on everything that's happening. It can be stressfull and overwhelming if you're not natural at blocking out the unimportant information.

Just plan on doing one thing, the whole warzone, and close your chatbox. Just do your thing. Maybe focus on a healer (use target marker). Or just stop caps on the node. Or just focus on healing teammates. Once you're over the fear of screwing up, incorporate another thing, and do both. Maybe healing, and stop capping. Or maybe dps the enemy healer, and cap the node.

Once you've worked up to being able to contribute, re-open your chatbox. Wait until you know that your input to the warzone was beneficial. Did you stop a cap? Did you cap the node that led to the win? Did you kill the healer? Did you kill the dps that was burning your healer?

DO NOT OPEN YOUR CHATBOX BEFORE THIS. You'll just get flamed and probably want to quit.

It's PUG pvp...nobody has the right to whine about others. They still will though, and your enemies will talk trash. So will your teammates, because they're also AFRAID OF LOSING and want to blame someone else.

Don't be their somebody else.

WOW! Well put.....

Unfortunatley I did try of one day....and I say UNFORTUNATELY......because I didn't do one of the Things you suggested in you thread.....I didn't turn off my chat but I did do my thing, this may be pising other soof but I couldn't care less....to me With my bad experiences thus far on my 6 toons ever to visit the wz, i even stopped on the ones I Level right now as that attitude as you said could make People give u and quit........I was one of them that did...

Don't let the poeple on your team or the other team get you down. That's number one. Everyone has to start somewhere and if you're trying to learn, that's all the "good" pvpers should be asking.

Block out the hate and accept the advice and constructive criticism! We need more people to PvP!

True Story:

I didn't PvP on my first toon until lvl 50 (way pre-2.0)

My first warzone was a Hypergate and I capped the node and left it. I didn't even know or think about guarding. A guy sarcastically asked me if this was my first warzone and I replied with a sad yeah

He went on to give me quite a few little tips on just how to play in a match, not even class specific.

Just do your best and try to learn something new each match :D

Good for you to meet such a Nice person in the WZ, too bad that sole individual don't played when I decided to poke inside

I've become bored with PvP so I don't queue for it anymore especially due to the 12x event. It was fun while I did play, but there's really nothing new after you receive and mod all of the Obroan pieces. It seems like you are still having a blast, but as for me, I think that's it.

I may jump into a warzone after the update but meh.