A PvP a Day...

DomiSotto

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QQ:

http://i60.tinypic.com/99p7nl.png

Haha, we lost but man was it good fun! The filthy Imps kept hitting me everytime I tried to secure the door, but I kept rolling away, healing, cloaking, and trying again. They killed my butt a couple of times and really put the hurts on, but I kept my chin up and finally got the door!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAH!!!

Then a Powertech tried to kill me until I got rescue by a Jedi. Everyone was giving as good as they got but unfortunately we couldn't get the bridge before time ran out. We were so close!

So, that's on the Scoundrel hyb? Sorry, I know I need to learn to read the 16 symbols, but I lost my chart!

I did not get to pvp today. I got an Arena pop on my mara and chickened out :( Then I got cooped into 3 runs of Rak event seeing it's done tonight by hubby. Good news are on L55 my scoundrel is much more playable. The EMP is awesome. :)

Cewl! You know, I am sure there will be very interesting builds in 3.0 anyway. I am finally on my own for the day, so I am hoping to be back with some fun stuff to report after I run some chores. Let's see how badly my Mara will do today. I gotta get a snapshot or two of that scoreboard, lol.

I am also kindda tempted to go ranked on my Slinger if I can find 3 other people who don't care a thing, and just do ten matches to get the comms and the T3.

Okay, so here is the reports from the zone:

Marauder: By whatever reason my daily/weekly did not switch, so I gave up after 2 matches - an arena (lost) and a Huttball, heh lost as well, lol. The only good news, I kindda started enjoying the absolutely no expectations role of my Mara. I managed to pass a ball in HB. I tried to strangle-hold a couple of opposition players with the ball. The rest of the time, I just tried to do damage. I actually managed to win a medal (that's the first!) in an arena. Probably damage from Annihilate, lol.

Then, I loaded my Madness Sorc. Complete reversal of fortunes. He is L28, so he is like a frigging super star in that bracket. 2 Arenas and one Alderaan, all wins. Win in an Arena? Do I also have a purple cow in my backyard? The matchmaking favored us, so I can't say I can take any credit for it (one was 3x3 and all dmg, but I can off-heal/bubble, so that's unfair; second was 3DPS, 1 heals us vs 2 DPS, 2 heals them). Heals, in this bracket means v.bad DPS, so... yeah.

I actually thought I did Okay in Alderaan, coming the 3rd in the chart, and that's bubbling and off healing, not just spamming CL. I actually managed to score a 1x1 kill too defending (while nobody was coming to my call, meh). The other guy was hopeless, I am sure, because I was doing nothing more sophisticated than jolt/bubble and CL. Unfortunately, Alderaan had one of those badmouthing annoyances on my team, who found it fit to insult his own even when we were facerolling. There is just no helping some people. And so crude too, just awful. :(

Now, I am trying to plow through SHaddaa, 'cause I grayed out Shaddaa. SO, I am like playing Class Quest at NO XP during 12xXP week. UNFAIR!

In the afternoon, I will try to get the weekly/daily on the Mara & queue again (and the Pub will be out in force, so... yakes!)

Edited by DomiSotto

So, I go and miss a day and become below pathetic, lol. Mara, of course. The daily finally re-set, but i lost the weekly. I got a bunch of corporate BS, but managed to get out in time to run a few zones before I have to go and do home stuff. But my rotation is out of the window the moment I enter the zone, and my hands were shaking (seriously?).

Two Arenas (won and a loss), Novare where my entire team did not even load(?) and they still opened the gates! o, I just exited stage right. Then a AHG which we lost pretty badly.

Arena that I lost, the premade we were against was absolutely great - it was all made up of the Commando/Van class. Tank, healer and the DPSs. I have never seen a comp like that, and wow, was it effective. Good awesome play there by the guys and some cool RP! A real Havok squad :)

Amusingly, seeing my own inadequacy makes me want to load and load and load more, and keep grinding at it.

Okay, I demand the explanation for Domi's fault comment!!!! :) Ha-ha, good bunch of zones! The screenshot with the character is amazing, actually.

Okay, I gotta go level my Mara for a bit & learn my defensive CDs, for the sake of all that is holy (I think that's a major problem I am having in the zones, trying tooo hard to squeeze off the attack rotation). Instead, what I should do is camo, go for a squishy target, unleash my attacks, then pop in DCDs, and die erm, slower. Doubt I'll have much pops, and I am too clumsy/sleepy atm, but we'll see. It occurred to me that I might as well get my behind handed over to me on L55, but with more dailies. :) Of course, I have a blood donation this afternoon, so here goes today's daily :(

Edited by DomiSotto

Okay, I demand the explanation for Domi's fault comment!!!! :) Ha-ha, good bunch of zones! The screenshot with the character is amazing, actually.

Okay, I gotta go level my Mara for a bit & learn my defensive CDs, for the sake of all that is holy (I think that's a major problem I am having in the zones, trying tooo hard to squeeze off the attack rotation). Instead, what I should do is camo, go for a squishy target, unleash my attacks, then pop in DCDs, and die erm, slower. Doubt I'll have much pops, and I am too clumsy/sleepy atm, but we'll see. It occurred to me that I might as well get my behind handed over to me on L55, but with more dailies. :) Of course, I have a blood donation this afternoon, so here goes today's daily :(

Lmao, I needed someone to blame and since Cox isn't here.....heheheh.:D

I think I may have mentioned this to you before, but what I recommend you do is to just focus on low HP targets only, until you can really get the hang of your character. I find it to be better to just watch the fight from a distance while throwing out DoTs and once I see someone fleeing, I make it my life's mission to chase them down and stuff my shotgun up their backside.

I know you won't have those abilities, but just stay in the back, so to speak, or always attack in a group of two or more. Can't tell you how many times a Marauder/Sentinel has challenged me only to die horribly or watch me roll away and heal completely. I think your escape only lasts for four seconds, no? If that is so wouldn't it be better to save it for escaping instead of sneaking up? I never used one of those mates in PvP (got my Sentinel to 51 for the legacy skill then hit delete) so I do not know how long the cooldown is.

Last night the Commando you see within the Arenas with me suggested that instead of wasting time with my paltry Expertise and trying to save commendations for Obroan, that I should invest in level 45 blues which would up said Expertise and then work on the commendations to purchase what I really desire. He also said something about a four-piece set, but the thing is, the Obroan four piece does not grant anything fancy, unless he was referring to the set you can acquire on Oricon (which is PvE and gives a nice healing bonus). Funny thing is, I am a hybrid healer; a Dirty Sawbones (giggity) so now I am confuzzled to what the heck is should actually get, lol.

I managed to purchase two Obroan relics, and now I have enough commendations to purchase another two or three items. I believe Cox said that I need the earpieces next and then the weapons, so I guess I will do that.:p

A PVP A DAY

Hello all, Sandari here. I started posting in this thread after Domi started it, and had a lot of fun. I learned so much about pvp here. In Aug. while beta testing GSH on the pts my toddler broke my rig. With many family obligations and bills, it took me till last week to save to buy a new rig. I had a back up laptop but it was so old that when I downloaded swtor and tried to play at it the laptop laughed at me. So I have been able to follow the forums but not respond or play the game. Very frustrating.

Now that I am back, I will continue to post my pvp mishaps and fun, and see if I can pick up where I left off. I has hoped to be doing ranked this season but it looks as though that will have to wait to season 4. I look forward to hearing all the great advice the community has for me and the others posting in this thread.

Its nice to see you Domi and I am glad that you have kept the thread alive as long as you have. I will hopefully have some matches and bloopers to go over later today. Until then, be well. Glad to be back.

:jawa_smile: