The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Speed of Blasters

Curmedy

I don't want to make new thread so I ask it here: I always been wondering why are all the blaster wielders rushing toward each other and especially at people with lightsabers, in all the mediums. It just looks really silly and stupid.

Is it because it's easier to get shots through of Jedi/Sith defense from close than from far away?

To make things more interesting.

I've enjoyed the dialogue here but I think the answer to your question is much more simple than we've been thinking.

There is a literary premise referred to as, "Suspension of Disbelief" that we are currently ignoring.

The idea of this means that the author relies on the reader, viewer, or player of any media has the ability to accept things about the world in order to accept the overall premise, and to allow the author to create a plausible story in an otherwise implausible atmosphere.

Without it we might as well be questioning why we can hear sound in space sequences even though sound cannot pass through a vacuum, or ask ourselves why explosions can occur in space with no oxygen. Modern times claim that it's the responsibility of the viewer to accept these things in order for the entertainment to proceed uninhibited.