The early embargo on Nightlife Packs

If the Nightlife packs were going to be so short lived there should of been some kind of warning or disclaimer. Now that they are gone good luck trying to complete any of these sets. I bought 48 packs and end up with a bunch of lower nimble brawler gear that I can't give away. Why not a reputation vendor or something like that? I would of loved to get the "Dathomir Rancor" but the rarity of these items must of been off the charts and to boot no one is willing to sell those now below a ungodly amount. SWTOR there is something that needs to be done regarding these packs!

Don't ever call me cheap as I have more in this game then most people payed for their cars.

The first pack was embargoed because they decided to "experiment" with the drop ratities/ratios & unlock prices, much to the consternation of the community. The embargo is basicly "Whoops, our bad!" Backpedaling due to the backlash from the community for what they did. Edited by XiamaraSimi

Found this on another site but it still doesn't explain why we were not warned nor why the rarity was set so high.

Eric Musco went on the forums to explain the early embargo for the Star Cluster Nightlife Pack and the lack of reputation track for this shipment.

WTH Embargoing the Star Cluster pack in 2.8.1??? | 06.20.2014, 03:20 PM

Good question, let me explain a bit about this shipment of packs and how it works. The first thing that many of you noticed is that this shipment does not have a reputation track, this is intentional. The Star Cluster pack and the Club Vertica pack are a smaller, special shipment which is intended to run during Nar Shaddaa Nightlife Event.

What you will see is that Star Cluster will become embargoed on the launch of 2.8.1, which will also mark the launch of Club Vertica. Similarly, Club Vertica will only be available up to, or before, the launch of 2.9. I don’t have an exact date on when Club Vertica will be embargoed but I will let you know when I do. However, it should be noted that it will embargo during the Nightlife Event.

Again, these were two packs made specifically around the Nightlife event and they work a little differently then some of our others have. When messaging this we were treating it like we do a normal pack and messaging an embargo approximately 1-2 weeks out.

I hope that explains the embargo timing.

-eric