The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SWTOR (exclusive) character power ranking hierarchy

S_W_LeGenD

Your lack of knowledge is...amusing.

Do you forget that Yoda struggled with the likes of Dooku's lightning?

And that Nyriss' lightning is directly superior or on par (being generous) with Dooku's?

Edited by MarcheseAMM

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean by lightning "infinitely more powerful" then someone's who can turn Meetra/Scourge to ash? :rolleyes:

Tutaminis is a confirmed display of "raw power," and I used such as the central fact of that thread.

Nyriss wouldn't have turned Surik and Scourge to ash.

Killed them perhaps, the only reason it had such a devastating effect on Nyriss was because she had no force barrier up.

"The air around her began to crackle and grow hot as she gathered herself for the killing blow. Scourge felt the energy building inside her...A dozen bolts of lightning sprang from Nyriss's hand, arcing across the room to incinerate her enemies."

―Star Wars The Old Republic: Revan

Edited by MarcheseAMM

And that Nyriss' lightning is directly superior or on par (being generous) with Dooku's?

Oh my, you really are beyond saving.

"The air around her began to crackle and grow hot as she gathered herself for the killing blow. Scourge felt the energy building inside her...A dozen bolts of lightning sprang from Nyriss's hand, arcing across the room to incinerate her enemies."

―Star Wars The Old Republic: Revan

Oh my lord, you people have no comprehension of the english language do you?

The fact that Yoda was able to hold his own against Sidious' lightning, which - hyperbole included - could certainly be argued to be "infinitely more powerful" than Dooku's, is a fact, and therefore brings into scrutiny the notion that Yoda struggled against Dooku's lightning. What we cannot do is use the fact that Yoda struggled against Dooku's lightining as a basis for demeaning the prievously mentioned feat, because its suggests that it would be impossible.

Yet it happened.

What it does elicit is an explanation, how is that Yoda can hold off and depending on how you look at it, deflect Sidious lightning yet struggle against Dooku's? I have my theories, which I will present in due time.

The fact that Yoda was able to hold his own against Sidious' lightning, which - hyperbole included - could certainly be argued to be "infinitely more powerful" than Dooku's, is a fact, and therefore brings into scrutiny the notion that Yoda struggled against Dooku's lightning. What we cannot do is use the fact that Yoda struggled against Dooku's lightining as a basis for demeaning the prievously mentioned feat, because its suggests that it would be impossible.

Yet it happened.

What it does elicit is an explanation, how is that Yoda can hold off and depending on how you look at it, deflect Sidious lightning yet struggle against Dooku's? I have my theories, which I will present in due time.

I don't care about your theories. I just care for the facts, and Yoda canonically struggled against Dooku's lightning. What is there more to say?

Killed them perhaps, the only reason it had such a devastating effect on Nyriss was because she had no force barrier up.

I think she would have, but because they lacked Force Barriers, without Force Barriers they are just fleshy humans i.e. the feat is no more impressive than if it were against helpless non-Force sensitives.

Remembering of course that Nyriss was amped by a DS nexus, so lets be careful when rating her abilities.

Yet it happened.

I'd say that this is the only time Dooku actually exerts himself, something he rarely does.

Remembering of course that Nyriss was amped by a DS nexus, so lets be careful when rating her abilities.

That, and no one seems to realise she started the fight on her terms, had ample time to prepare an attack in the exact same way (Literally, the EXACT same way) that Xedrix did.

I don't care about your theories. I just care for the facts, and Yoda canonically struggled against Dooku's lightning. What is there more to say?
Lol, I love it when people don't understand the word theory:

A set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.

Your argument, that Revan is in the same league as Yoda, is a theory. Your collecting various facts and explaining what they imply, and I plan to do the same, as I am afraid you have misinterpreted the facts.

EDIT: But I tire of this posturing, you can tell me I'm wrong all you like when I post my counter-theory.

Edited by Beniboybling

Making a new one would be an attempt to circumvent moderation, which is a bannable offense.

So please, do.

If I am to start fresh on this topic after requesting this one for moderation, I will wait for the verdict reached about this thread.

Swtor mods aren't stupid, they won't just shut down a thread and ban people in your post, they'd read the whole thing.

Good

We must have a much greater tolerance for "insults" than you do. Surprisingly...

No, you guys have "little" tolerance for insults actually.

Anyways, why am I being targeted for someone else's issue? Care to explain?

Amusing.

Some of them even hate LeGenD as much as we do.

Those are spoiled kids just like you

She would have.

And she had:

Nyriss’s eyes went wide as Revan unleashed the power of her own attack against her. She tried to throw up another Force shield, but the bolts ripped it apart and continued on unabated. The lightning engulfed her, the intense heat consuming her instantly, leaving only a pile of charred ash. (Taken from Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan)

Edited by S_W_LeGenD

No, you guys have "little" tolerance for insults actually.

Anyways, why am I being targeted for someone else's issue? Care to explain?

Must have been thinking of myself then. I take insults like a boss.

Nyriss’s eyes went wide as Revan unleashed the power of her own attack against her. She tried to throw up another Force shield, but the bolts ripped it apart and continued on unabated. The lightning engulfed her, the intense heat consuming her instantly, leaving only a pile of charred ash. (Taken from Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan)
Yet the barrier she threw up would have counted for nothing, Nyriss is described as putting all her energy into her final attack and this would have left her with nothing left to defend herself with - making her barriers easy to penetrate.

Now while this was not stated in the novel, it is the only logical conclusion to reach. If she had had her full barriers up, she would not have been incinerated, she would not have even been harmed. Because ultimately it would have been the equivalent of being attacked by a being of equal power. And an offense equal in power to a defense = stalemate.

This is reinforced by a similar incident in which Sidious had his Force Lightning, which he put all his energy into, redirected by Galen Marek, yet he emerged unscathed, if we ascribe to your logic he would have died like Marek.