Bounty Hunter jetpack animation

malace_ixo

I figure someone around here should be smart enough to confirm whether I need to do a fresh install. I created a ticket which was subsequently closed and the robot directed me to this forum so here goes:

I rolled a new bounty hunter. The jetpack animation was functional in a previous character and the start of this one. I tried on both adaptive imperial/republic pilot armors in a row, then destroyed the one I didn't like along with the starting jumpsuit. Upon closing the inventory the backpack I noticed from previous playthroughs added to every BH character model was missing. Which seemed fine, but now the jetpack animation only comes from the character's feet, regardless of what armor I pick up. To make matters worse, now other bounty hunter characters on my account no longer express the animation from their jetpacks.

* I have deleted the streaming client bitraider and reset/revamped my graphics settings with no results.

** Considering this was an immediate change I'm sure this is an issue with the animation scripting, whatever armor uses to recognize whether the character wearing it is a Bounty Hunter.

Will someone confirm there will be no workaround for this other than deleting the BH saves, doing a fresh install and creating a new character? The patches take forever to install.

Edited by malace_ixo

Jetpack animation depends on your chestpiece.

Try one of the legacy armour chestpieces that you can buy on Dromund kaas before you do anything rash like re-installing the game.

Hunters Renown should work, but I don't know for sure.

Hunters Exalted definately works as I have that on my main right now. But it's pricey at 250k.

But try one of those before you go doing something major. I suspect you just didn't know about the fact that the jetpack animation is tied to what chestpiece you wear (and some with jetpacks don't work anyway)

EDIT: oh and the pilot outfits don't have any jetpacks on them... so they won't show the backpack animation.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Advice from a thread when I was having trouble with the Contractor's Chestguard's Jetpack:

I have discovered a fix for the Contractor's Chestguard (and other models):-

In graphics settings, you need to activate “high” under “character level of detail”.

What’s strange about this is that other models work on a low setting. The Black Market Chestguard, for example, displays the jetpack animation on a low setting. Why this works on low, but not others, is anyone’s guess. They appear to use the same animations. :confused:

Basically some jetpacks only work on high character level of detail, so you may want to check your graphics settings.

Edited by Lowarro