The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PvP ShieldTech: How do I min / max my Obroan?

PrincessNuri

I was told before we try to do ranked I will need to min max my tank gear. I am hoping there is someone our there that actually plays shield tech power tech to teach me how to min max my full Obroan commando gear. If possible I would like to know what mods and enhancements I should get as well as augments. Not sure exactly which and how much of each I need to be an optimally geared power tech tank..

Also we have to put in augments first before the mods and enhancements for min max or does it even mattwr ? I know I may be getting made fun for asking these questions that k should know all about bit in reality know nothing of this. I would rather learn through hard words and condescension than handicap future ranked warzones.

Sorry for the wall of text and thanks to everyone who will take time to answer me:p

Edited by PrincessNuri

I was told before we try to do ranked I will need to min max my tank gear. I am hoping there is someone our there that actually plays shield tech power tech to teach me how to min max my full Obroan commando gear. If possible I would like to know what mods and enhancements I should get as well as augments. Not sure exactly which and how much of each I need to be an optimally geared power tech tank..

Also we have to put in augments first before the mods and enhancements for min max or does it even mattwr ? I know I may be getting made fun for asking these questions that k should know all about bit in reality know nothing of this. I would rather learn through hard words and condescension than handicap future ranked warzones.

Sorry for the wall of text and thanks to everyone who will take time to answer me:p

Read this thread, it should get you all the answers

PvP gearing for tanks is actually easier than it is for DPS:

You simply want maximum HP, and then look at the remaining stat budget and put it into KBNs numbers linked above me.

This is because ~40% of damage is unmitigatable, and only 15% of damage is defendable, so points in mitigation have almost no effect on time to kill (Well, some of it does)

As for augments, just make sure what you are augmenting is not the initial armoring shells you bought as you have to turn them in to upgrade them to Brutalizer gear. You will be forced to augment your relics/earpiece/implants though, so when you upgrade them pull the augments back out

And order doesnt matter for putting different mods/armorings/enhancements/augments into gear

EDIT:

Here is a profile for BiS tank gear for both Obroan and Brutalizer gear. Brutalizer is in the wish list

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/bce1a03a-881b-40db-9df1-207532fed5ac

Edited by TACeMossie