I'm finding it really hard to get groups together for flashpoints.

carnac_fett

Whenever I level a character in an MMO, I try to do every instance/dungeon at least once on my way to the level cap. It's proving very hard in The Old Republic for several reasons.

1. There's a definite shortage of healers. I like that tanks aren't exactly necessary for early flashpoints but there is a need for a healer, and there aren't many of those. I'm not sure this is something that Bioware can just fix. I think a lot of people are going the DPS route to solo better. Maybe once the rush to level dies down, we'll see people taking time to spec healer.

2. Very few people are putting up their LFG flags, meaning the only real way to get folks together is to sit in the Fleet and spam general chat. I'm currently trying to find a big guild on my server so I have more access to people who might possibly want to run a flashpoint with me.

3. Though my server is Full half the time, I don't know where those people are. I guess they're all playing Sith Empire. :(

I did read about a neat little thing you can do - you can /who and then filter by the term "LFG" to see everyone online who has an LFG flag up, regardless of location. I found a few people around the correct level range for the flashpoint I wanted to do tonight, but they were all in the middle of questing on a planet, and none of them wanted to make the long trip back to the dropship bay of the Republic Fleet.

I think there needs to be more functionality for putting together groups. Maybe nothing as extreme as cross-server dungeon queuing, but maybe a global LFG channel plus the ability to summon to the instance entrance?

I mean, as far as I can tell (and I might be wrong, let me know), all the flashpoints are accessed through the Fleet, so it's not like Bioware would be killing world exploration by offering teleports to the instance entrance.

Anyway, I'm going to look for a nice big guild and hope maybe the situation will improve in the future!

2. Very few people are putting up their LFG flags, meaning the only real way to get folks together is to sit in the Fleet and spam general chat.

I mean, as far as I can tell (and I might be wrong, let me know), all the flashpoints are accessed through the Fleet, so it's not like Bioware would be killing world exploration by offering teleports to the instance entrance.

Not sure what server you're on, but haven't had any problem putting together flashpoint teams through general chat. Usually can put together a full team within minutes. Healers may make flashpoints easier but they can be completed without them. So if someone is going to sit around and insist on having a healer join them, then that's nothing that a LFG tool is going to change. That's just a supply and demand issue.

I know there are flashpoint couriers and gathering points on planets but haven't used them so not sure if they send you to the fleet and then you start the flashpoint or if you can launch it from the planet.