Images for the Homestead on Tatooine

Darth_Wicked

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true. How ever they want to implement this, some tattooine sunset would be awesome.

Nighttime on coruscant would be awesome too

Nothing is going to change, no day or night cycle, that would be too complicated and totally out of character for bioware (they never go back and improve/update old stuff unless they are repackaging it for sale in the cartel market or trying to pass it off as "new" content in the form of a flashpoint or raid).

Im guessing they just couldnt pass up that scene at the beginning of A New Hope, Luke standing on that slight rise, with the twin suns. Cant really blame them.

I am not sure that I like it, I hope that I still can use the companions of the other faction in my stornghold.

You are still under the assumption that this is cross-character strongholds were talking about?

I am dead certain that they only "unlock" for your legacy and still remain individual for each character. Your jedi's stronghold on Tattooine will look different from your smugglers.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

You are still under the assumption that this is cross-character strongholds were talking about?

I am dead certain that they only "unlock" for your legacy and still remain individual for each character. Your jedi's stronghold on Tattooine will look different from your smugglers.

If the Homestead on Tattoine - for example - turns out to be something like this...

http://s28.postimg.org/vsjt2cwb1/test.jpg

With an Open-World area outside of it, while the Homestead itself is a closed instance, it would seem that you say is the correct assumption.

As far as I'm aware, there are no Legacy instances... Not yet anyway. :p

If the Homestead on Tattoine - for example - turns out to be something like this...

http://s28.postimg.org/vsjt2cwb1/test.jpg

With an Open-World area outside of it, while the Homestead itself is a closed instance, it would seem that you say is the correct assumption.

As far as I'm aware, there are no Legacy instances... Not yet anyway. :p

Actually, I think the entire area is instanced.

It doesn't look like you can walk there from the pictures, so you'll have to take a taxi or quicktravel there which means it could be an instanced area.

Actually, I think the entire area is instanced.

That makes no sense.

For people to be able to invite friends, fellow guild members and the like, there must be an Open-World area separated from your instance similar to what we already have now, on Spaceports, Fleets, etc etc.

It doesn't look like you can walk there from the pictures, so you'll have to take a taxi or quicktravel there which means it could be an instanced area.

I suggested that in the map I presented earlier.

People will most likely be able to travel there using a shuttle similar to the one for the Black Hole or Section X. That or the Quick Travel terminals on the fleet will include Stronghold access.

In other words, Taxi rides or quicktravel are an improbability, since these areas will be separated from the actual planet, just like Section X or the Black Hole.

Unless of course... Bioware is bound to introduce a 24-hour cycle with GS, which I find unlikely. :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Anyone care to speculate what they make of the Stronghold 'label' that will be handed out to subs for free? It feels like a title. But a title makes little sense, because how would a title for your stronhold work? Especially if strongholds are instanced? The other option is, of course, that they're NOT instanced. Which would mean, like Section X, a seperate planet area to land (new animations) and walk around and PHYSICALLY see other people's strongholds.

Any other views on how this would work?

Anyone care to speculate what they make of the Stronghold 'label' that will be handed out to subs for free? It feels like a title. But a title makes little sense, because how would a title for your stronhold work? Especially if strongholds are instanced? The other option is, of course, that they're NOT instanced. Which would mean, like Section X, a seperate planet area to land (new animations) and walk around and PHYSICALLY see other people's strongholds.

Any other views on how this would work?

Seek and you shall find.

(...) The Nar Shaddaa Stronghold along with the “Galactic Stronghold” Stronghold Label will be unlocked in your Stronghold Management window and "The Illustrious” Character Title will be delivered via in-game mail at the start of Subscriber Early Access on August 19, 2014, or within two hours of becoming a Subscriber. (...)

http://www.swtor.com/galactic-strongholds

Edited by Darth_Wicked

That tells us two things: One, we have a management window for strongholds where, presumably, all the decorations and QoL items and other placeables will go to. That's going to be Legacy wide, as per Eric. And two, the label won't be sent to our mailbox at the exact date but will be unlocked for us in the management window on that specific date.

Still doesn't tell us how it's going to be used.

Actually, I think the entire area is instanced. -- OddballEasyEight

That makes no sense.

For people to be able to invite friends, fellow guild members and the like, there must be an Open-World area separated from your instance similar to what we already have now, on Spaceports, Fleets, etc etc.

I disagree. Starships, class mission areas, and operation areas are instanced and belong to one player, and groups members can join that player in them. I see no reason to believe strongholds will not reuse the same instance mechanisms, although the interface may look different.

That makes no sense.

I suggested that in the map I presented earlier.

People will most likely be able to travel there using a shuttle similar to the one for the Black Hole or Section X. That or the Quick Travel terminals on the fleet will include Stronghold access.

In other words, Taxi rides or quicktravel are an improbability, since these areas will be separated from the actual planet, just like Section X or the Black Hole.

Unless of course... Bioware is bound to introduce a 24-hour cycle with GS, which I find unlikely. :D

But there are spaceports where you click an elevator and get transported to your instance with no common area before or after.

And when I say taxi travel, I mean like the black hole or section x.

Not an actual slow taxi ride out there.

But there are spaceports where you click an elevator and get transported to your instance with no common area before or after.

I could be wrong but I can't remember one.

In the examples that spring to mind, the elevator is actually INSIDE the player's instance, which is what happens in every single Spaceport or Orbital Station throughout the galaxy.

* Example below *

http://s8.postimg.org/qernc9tol/Untitled.jpg

The only exception I can think of right now would be Makeb but then again, the issue that I mentioned earlier would remain...

If everything was like it it is on Makeb, how is the game supposed to differentiate from when you want to go to your ship and not your friend's ship?

There is a reason - for example - why I enter first in whatever Spaceport and it becomes my instance and fellow guildie or friend follows: So they can access MY instance.

EDIT:

Nar Shaddaa is also an exception I believe but even there, you pickup the elevator and only afterwards you enter in your instance. You do not enter automatically in your instance once you get into the elevator.

And when I say taxi travel, I mean like the black hole or section x.

Not an actual slow taxi ride out there.

That's not a taxi ride then, is it? :p

Edited by Darth_Wicked