The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Droid customizatons and moddable armor using existing assets!

So I've been playing as a sub on this game for awhile now, and there are certain opportunities in this game for creating companion customization and armor out of existing art assets. This maximizes the reward/cost ratio and I think makes a lot of sense for the devs.

Ship Droid customizations:

I have several alts, and in my opinion, he multiple storylines on this game encourage players to create alts to see all the different stories. One thing that has been driving me nuts is the fact that all of my characters have THE SAME FREAKING DROID ON THEIR SHIP. I really appreciate the cool HK customizations we've been getting lately, but while we've gotten a couple of paint jobs for the ship droids, they make a pretty minimal difference, and the butler droid, while kinda funny, is just a little too much of a real-world reference for me. Meanwhile, this game is littered with medical droid and protocol droid variants that could easily replace C2's model. I'd really like to see some ship droid customizations that utilize, for example, the republic medical droid model.

Companion Customizations with different hairstyles/facial hair, but the original face:

I also love the companions in this game, and I think the customizations that make them look different are terrific, but it'd be nice to have some customizations that change hairstyles or facial hair without changing their facial structure/scars/etc. It'd be nice to be able to, say, have my Jedi Knight be able to convince her Doc that smooth lips are more kissable without also demanding that he get plastic surgery. We could have Doc look like Doc with no mustache, or have Elara cut her hair short, or get rid of Corso's cheesy dreads without changing his facial scars. Vette could change her makeup or headdress without her skin color going all chameleon on us. This would add a different dimension to the customizations than we have now. Hell, maybe we could even have hairstyle customizations that could be put on any character of the appropriate species/gender.

Armor based on Republic uniforms:

We have a very few options in this regard presently. the civilian pilot uniform, while gated behind the social system, makes a decent uniform if you put a grey dye module in it, but I'm actually after a specific version of the republic uniform here: The outfit that troopers start out in. It's a neat blue republic uniform that you see dyed orange on a lot of generals in the late game. It's a great basic uniform that completely disappears from player hands once you're done with Ord Mantell. My trooper was my first character in this game, and it would be great to have that classic uniform as an armor option in the late game for wearing in social areas or during military briefing cutscenes and the like.

Expanded human hairstyles for other races (Sith, Cathar, etc):

Aliens are cool and are a classic part of the Star Wars setting. I bought these expanded hairstyles for humans awhile ago, and hell if I barely ever use them, because aside from the fact that some of my favorites clip with a lot of the armor, you can't use them on many of the characters in the game. You can't even use them on Cyborgs, who are really just humans with metal bits on.

This is stuff I would really love to see added to the player's customization palette. I'm absolutely certain that there are lots of other opportunities to repurpose other assets for players, so what do you guys think? What makes your eyes flash green with envy when you see it on an NPC?

Edited by Heavensrun