The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Droid.. Droid.. and more droids

I would love to see different variations of different droids as armor. I know we have the cyborg's however what about all the others droids that are part of the star wars universe?

A hk?

ig-88?

even a federation battle droid (well a type of).

I think the more customizations the better.

i love the cybernetic 808 armor, although i prefer the blue cyborg's cerebrum*. the bright yellow of series 808* is horrific though, but it reacts well with dyes. the only problems i had that were present in all of the classic (with cerebrums) cyborgs was that:

1. you could see through the cerebral plating when you get up close. the plates weren't air-tight and it lost the 'brain case' look to it.

2. the robot parts were not beefy enough, the right leg and upper right arm were pretty much a metal stick. the abdominal section lacked enough tubes and supports. i also feel that the cyborg hand should be more complex.

3. the cyborg hand was pretty much just 3 fingers and a hollow palm, and the fingers were pretty much claws. it is the right hand as well, the hand that holds the blaster. the hand was pretty much just a giant claw that lacked any ability to hold anything, let alone articulate a small object and pull the trigger on a blaster. the blaster pistol was also stowed on the 'metal stick' leg in suspended animation.

i think that, since the only organic parts the sets actually contained were an arm, a leg, and whatever is inside the torso, that it pretty much was a droid.

other than the 808 armor and all the cerebrums (they are all good to me, don't care for the 808 cerebrum, though), i hated the rest of the sets. the 512 torso* is okay, i loved the color though. the red 505 had odd things on the back* and thighs. the armor sets without cerebrums were awful. one of the non-classics (non-cerebrals) even had naked, muscular thighs* and it was awful. the open heads were god awful as well.

i really hope they will just fix up the 808 set's paint job and the other problems i previously stated.