Dirty Fighting Help

Simply put, I feel like my dps parse numbers are weak, and as I want to run nightmare difficulty, I need to work things out. I believe my gear is not the problem, other than a few things that may give me a minor bump in dps, and I know my rotation thoroughly. I even know fight mechanics just fine, I'm just uncomfortable with my numbers. I'll link my recent parse and AMR so someone could hopefully see something I'm looking over....

Parse 3284 / 3340

AMR Profile

your apm is low, you are leaving small gaps between the 2 wounding shots, which are dragging down your apm in the long run, and reducing dps by ~50-150 dps

you have a few 31 mods and 34A mods, you can very easily get comm bought proper cunning mods. Also, some enhancements are skewed 34's, but getting them will take time. Switching out the gear should net another 50-100 dps

you used QD 64 times -> 32 full rotations, however you only used sabo charge 5 times in that time. That is another 50-100 dps there already

from the log, your rotation seems to be already good to go, but a small reminder:

shrap -> vital -> weaken -> wounding -> ( FILLER ) -> QD -> SpeedShot -> wounding -> QD

the reason for the filler being before QD is since you can use a high energy attack there, and during QD will recover enough so you can use SS right after that. At more advanced levels (or when you get to energy stable levels) you can add a insta-crit charged burst in the filler instead of a roll.

Edited by Kadjunga

Thanks a bunch! Rearranging my fillers helped and I'm getting things sorted out now. I found this post by Lunzagazer and it helped reinforce it, but I seem to be having some energy problems. I have 234 crit, based on the people's AMR profiles who are at the top of the leaderboards...and I do have the 4pc set bonus to make QD a little cheaper.

Edit: It's specifically between the

DOTS -> WS -> QD -> SS -> {LS}CB -> WS

DOTS -> WS -> SabC{CH}->QD -> SS -> WS

when I have some energy problems

Edited by BradyJohnston

nice work =]

now if you can get your apm higher, by optimizing the channel times and borderline clipping (preferably no more than 0.1/3.0 canceled) then you can get more attacks out per minute.

as for the energy management... you want to use your filler after wounding slots followed by a quick draw. That allows your energy to recover enough that you most probably won't be in trouble. If you dip too low, just pop adrenal probe ( or see if it lines up with mods )

don't be afraid to mix up weaken before you apply your dots, the damage output is almost the same.

Edited by Kadjunga

Your apm is fine he's confusing sharpshooter with dirty fighting. With sharpshooter your apm should be around 40. With dirty fighting 30-34 is fine.

You can see here one of the top parses on the dps thread in the oprations sections :

http://www.torparse.com/a/651762/time/1397978222/1397978481/0/Overview

Comparable apm. Now you won't be able to get as much dps as him because that parse is from 2.7 with the relic bug so best you could do is probably 100-200 lower if your as geared as him. He probably also parsed for a while so that one must have good crits numbers so an average parse could be a little lower.

So 3500-3600 could be good average 3700-3800 could be a great parse with a little luck.

Edited by _Dominator_