Heads up solo ranking?

FarizAA

Hi,

For the cases when there are 4 DPS in each team in solo ranking (happens quite oftne), may be new type of arena can be added. When it starts it put people 1 vs 1 in small arenas. First round team wins if it gets 4:0 or 3:1. Second round 2:0 wins. If it is 1:1, final duel is played, winner takes it all. Just 1 round.

Pluses of this format:

1. Duels. It is a fun format, but it happens really not so often, and usually one of the player already in disadvantage. (used his abilities etc.)

2. Diversity. It is boring to play same format again and again.

3. Some new ranking may be added, best dueler.

Disadvantages:

1. Need some coding.

2. Not for all encounters (only all DPS teams).

3. Unavailable for healers and tanks.

What do you think?

Edited by FarizAA

The game isn't balanced around 1 vs 1 encounters. Some classes and specs can effectively counter others. It would also make the existing class imbalances much more obvious. People would be encouraged to either play the FOTM (currently Guardian/Juggernaut) or a Shadow/Assassin.

...What do you think?

Terrible, just terrible. Bad enough the classes have to be hosed (balanced) for arena, now they will have to be balanced for 1v1.

Small team PvP is in conflict with class diversity which is the cornerstone of an MMO.

Bad enough BW was dumb enough to copy arenas from WoW where they had to give every class kazillion hit points just to get some semblance of balance.

Terrible, just terrible. Bad enough the classes have to be hosed (balanced) for arena, now they will have to be balanced for 1v1.

Small team PvP is in conflict with class diversity which is the cornerstone of an MMO.

Bad enough BW was dumb enough to copy arenas from WoW where they had to give every class kazillion hit points just to get some semblance of balance.

I believe with the next Xpac they're doubling hit point totals and just adjusting heals/pve damage output to match. And I don't think their TTK was very much lower than swtor...honestly arenas in both games are a quick CC fest most of the time.

I believe with the next Xpac they're doubling hit point totals and just adjusting heals/pve damage output to match.

Double? Hardly. The last level increase had a 20% boost for my Commando (25k in EWH, 30k in Conqueror)

It'll probably be similar in the next xpac.

Double? Hardly. The last level increase had a 20% boost for my Commando (25k in EWH, 30k in Conqueror)

It'll probably be similar in the next xpac.

Wow. Wow is doubling player hitpoints. The post I was responding to mentioned that they had to give players "a kazillion" hitpoints for arenas to work, I was referring to that.

Edited by Rocanon

Wow. Wow is doubling player hitpoints. The post I was responding to mentioned that they had to give players "a kazillion" hitpoints for arenas to work, I was referring to that.

Ah. I didn't know WoW was doing that. HP inflation at its finest.

Ah. I didn't know WoW was doing that. HP inflation at its finest.

Its actually not inflation in the normal sense. They're squishing the gear curve from 1-cap and returning stats to sane levels, then relatively doubling HP totals to raise TTK. It actually seems like a really good idea, although the wow community is ************ because their numbers will get smaller.

Its actually not inflation in the normal sense. They're squishing the gear curve from 1-cap and returning stats to sane levels, then relatively doubling HP totals to raise TTK. It actually seems like a really good idea, although the wow community is ************ because their numbers will get smaller.

By reducing outgoing damage, and increasing health pools, what do you suppose will happen to tanks with a pocket healer?

By reducing outgoing damage, and increasing health pools, what do you suppose will happen to tanks with a pocket healer?

They're also nerfing healing.

Its not a single shot fix to issues but rebalancing to have higher TTK with less effective prot and healing would go a long way.