Kaggath Battlegrounds

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will say right now there are some interesting choices, but if the rules are anything to go by, I feel bad for who ever chose the rebels. We will see though.

(also Endurance-class.... interesting choice there. Waiting to see the reasoning.)

Edited by tunewalker

Will say right now there are some interesting choices, but if the rules are anything to go by, I feel bad for who ever chose the rebels. We will see though.

(also Endurance-class.... interesting choice there. Waiting to see the reasoning.)

As in rebel troopers?

Me.

But I tell you now, half my faction was placeholder until I can find the ultimate combination, I just needed to reserve my leaders.

Edited by Selenial

As in rebel troopers?

Me.

But I tell you now, half my faction was placeholder until I can find the ultimate combination, I just needed to reserve my leaders.

Ya its just from the rules I was reading it specifically mentioned how some troops will have more others will have less and rebels were listed as one of those with less then storm troopers and strom troopers were honestly mostly better. Not by a large degree mind you but they were. Its the spec forces vs the spec forces that I felt the rebels took the lead in. So if you WERE to use Spec forces, my recommendation would be to try and find a better.... all round unit... if that is even allowed. (I dont remember)

Other then that ok, just be cautious of the rules as some ground choices I would worry about and try to avoid ones that likely arent going to do well as a major group, unless you have a really good reason for choosing them. (IE the tactics of the major ground force synergizes well with the vehicles and/ or special troop you choose IE military might is not the goal but instead something else :D)

Edited by tunewalker

Just like to inform folks that this time around I'm going to be doing one person at a time, the complexity of this template unfortunately is just too great for me to focus on everyone at once, and I feel it would be easier for me and easier for you if I focused on you each individually, in order of submission.

So for those at the bottom of the pile, you will have to wait, but I will be doing my best to ensure that your themes aren't infringed on, and the OP reflects a rough idea of what units are taken my people's intial submissions.

My last message has given me much encouragement, Beni greatly approves.

Time for Dark Siders to go bye bye.

Indeed.

As soon as I heard Aurbere was going dark, I had to come up with a beast Light Side faction...

That, and I sort of want to prove that I don't need Traya to win :p

Can I request we take Nuvo Vindi out of this?

Everything we've done has had a thinkable counter to it. Everything.

In this Kaggath, the only way you can counter Nuvo is to take a worthless planet and Yularen/Anakin/Obi Wan. Doesn't seem fair, unless we allow said planet as a visitable world.

And I know someone's going to bring up Ysanne Isard.

Hers affected one species, was hard to get around, and was incredibly hard to implement in a system.

Vindi needs one bomb, in a system where they already have a presence, and kills every biological on world....

We keep Caedus, Sidious and Skywalker out of this because they're trump cards, so's Vindi... Unless you want us all to make a faction of droids.

Edited by Selenial

Hers affected one species, was hard to get around, and was incredibly hard to implement in a system.

Actually it affected a great many species including but not limited to: Duros, Elom, Gamorrean, Gotal, Mon Calamari, Quarren, Shistavanen, Trandoshan, Twi'lek, Wookiees, and more

It also spreads fairly quickly through the water supply and it doesn't take much of an infected person's bodily fluids to infect someone. The trick with this virus is bacta or ryll spice cures it (A hell of a lot of bacta or spice that is) so you have to release it somewhere bacta isn't readily available and for the purpose of this Kaggath I doubt Isard controls Thyferra. Besides, the New Republic was able to see to their military's needs during the outbreak quite easily.

I wasn't saying your wrong as far as the Krytos virus being a bad battlefield weapon, but it is better than you made it out to be.

Actually it affected a great many species including but not limited to: Duros, Elom, Gamorrean, Gotal, Mon Calamari, Quarren, Shistavanen, Trandoshan, Twi'lek, Wookiees, and more

It also spreads fairly quickly through the water supply and it doesn't take much of an infected person's bodily fluids to infect someone. The trick with this virus is bacta or ryll spice cures it (A hell of a lot of bacta or spice that is) so you have to release it somewhere bacta isn't readily available and for the purpose of this Kaggath I doubt Isard controls Thyferra. Besides, the New Republic was able to see to their military's needs during the outbreak quite easily.

I wasn't saying your wrong as far as the Krytos virus being a bad battlefield weapon, but it is better than you made it out to be.

Eh, you're right about the species thing.

But that's the point, they had to get it into a military's water supply, had an easy cure, and was easier to quarantine.

There's no protection against this.

It's WAY too easy to implement (a tiny vial would destroy a star system) and there couldn't be a quarantine unless you're willing to surrender.

I'd also include the Imperial Bioweapons division into this, but that's more debatable. Their little zombie outbreak would be hard to stop but not impossible... Still a little OP, but doable. Maybe.

Can I request we take Nuvo Vindi out of this?

Everything we've done has had a thinkable counter to it. Everything.

In this Kaggath, the only way you can counter Nuvo is to take a worthless planet and Yularen/Anakin/Obi Wan. Doesn't seem fair, unless we allow said planet as a visitable world.

And I know someone's going to bring up Ysanne Isard.

Vindi needs one bomb, in a system where they already have a presence, and kills every biological on world....

We keep Caedus, Sidious and Skywalker out of this because they're trump cards, so's Vindi... Unless you want us all to make a faction of droids.

I'd rather not, if we are going down that route then we'd have to ban biological warfare altogether, which I am not prepared to do. Bringing up Isard would be perfectly fair, because it proves such a disqualification would be arbitrary.

IMO their is room for counterpart were the Blue Shadow Virus is concerned, it is not a superweapon.

Youre just lucky this is a battleground, or I would have just gone with Traya anyway.

Different faction, but it's hard to give your favorite character up :o

I was thinking of using Traya, actually. But I decided against it.