Kaggath Battlegrounds

Perhaps.

What about force using Ground Forces, or elite ones? Are minor forces going to be 576 with Major's 2300? That seems a rather huge gap difference. Lets also note, that say having Spec Ops, vs Jedi. One spec ops is not worth one Jedi, so 576 PT Era Jedi, vs 576 Spec Ops forces isn't going to be a very straight up fight.

Are you factoring that into the equation too?

Lets me clear on one thing, I am not standardizing minor and major ground forces, each unit will have unique numbers. However I will be lumping troopers i.e. sith troopers, clone troopers, stormtroopers into one pile and as the most common soldier they are going to act as a baseline. Jedi and SpecOps will be completely different.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets me clear on one thing, I am not standardizing minor and major ground forces, each unit will have unique numbers. However I will be lumping troopers i.e. sith troopers, clone troopers, stormtroopers into one pile and as the most common soldier they are going to act as a baseline. Jedi and SpecOps will be completely different.

I think I like the Idea of a Regiment, they seem to be the most common show up for any 1 particular fight.

Also Faction is done let me know if my first choice of Ship made it or my second choice was the one you decided to take (remember I want the Bulk cruiser either way as the secondary)

Edited by tunewalker

Okay, Just gonna put this as a fleet and try the numbers out so everyone else doesn't have to.

No Flagship

Harrower - 24

Hammerhead - 22 (3.6... wanting to round up or down?)

With a SD

Harrower - 22

Hammerhead - 20

Chimera - 1

With a Dreadnought

Harrower - 16

Hammerhead - 14

Malevolence - 1

Now the question is:

Are 8 Harrowers and 8 Hammerheads a Match for the Malevolence?

Are 6 harrowers, 6 hammerheads, and 1 Star Destroyer a Match for the Malevolence?

Discuss. I'd say Yes, and Yes, as the Malevolence has a couple major weakpoints, but also the strength of basically being the battering ram in the seige that is space warfare.

The real question for me is, how would these numbers compare to the Vong Flagship?

See I would say less Harrower's because by the Tech rules Last I checked they would basically be the "Imp I's" of their day. They are star destroyers, but at a time when Star destroyer wasnt really a size that a ship could be.

Heavy cruisers in that day were what Star destroyers were from Clone wars on.

See I would say less Harrower's because by the Tech rules Last I checked they would basically be the "Imp I's" of their day. They are star destroyers, but at a time when Star destroyer wasnt really a size that a ship could be.

Heavy cruisers in that day were what Star destroyers were from Clone wars on.

From my discussions with Beni, those ships will be bolstered to Dreadnought Heavy Cruisers, and it was something like 3 of those needed to match a Star Destroyer, so I think it's fine as is...

Just to clarify

"Early next week" meaning in like 3 days, or 10? :p

I think he actually means more like 7 days or 14. :D

:( Those hours after you send the final changes to Beni, and never see the list updated...As I have sworn before, I will get you Time Zone Differences! IF IT IS THE LAST THING SOMEONE ELSE DOES! Because as I had also said before, causing harm to the fabric of reality tends to be quite...destructive...Best to trick another into doing it :d_evil:

Edited by Silenceo

Progress is slow but steady, I hope to have it completed early next week, but I can't be sure.

sent another alteration cus I forgot to send the planet to you and thinking about it I wanted to change 1 of my commanders for a good reason. the reason I sent to you.

I'd just like to update folks on a slight change to the tech rule, the altered part is in bold:

#51 When comparing capital ships across eras (refer to the official publishing eras), if there is an analog of the earlier vessel with a greater armament in the later era with which it is being compared, the earlier vessel must be 'subsisted' with that era equivalent analog i.e. a capital ship from the era in comparison that matches the class of the original ship most closely. The firepower (in regards to both numbers and strength) and shielding of that chosen vessel will then be taken up. Once this base class is established, advancements/attributes and archaisms unique to the original capital ship will be applied. This rule also applies to Battlegrounds Mode.

So basically, the rule will only be applied if necessary. Of course it will always be the case that they will get the relevant model of turbolaser i.e. power. But for example in the case of a Harrower-class dreadnought, I've realised that the ISD is not really an accurate analogy as they simply didn't have Star Destroyers in that era, so neither the reactor output nor the size of the Harrower would support that number of batteries, and it would be unrealistic to say it had this.

However the number of batteries on the Harrower makes its a more than adequate heavy cruiser. So its batteries will go unchanged, only the strength of said batteries and shields. Though for the case of something like an Interdictor, which has batteries decidedly scant for a vessel of its class, it will like have its batteries increased.

Ok sent a few posts to you with a few ideas the final one is probably the most accurate one, and I think will make for an interesting thing, even though the diversity kind of isnt as much there any more I still think it will be interesting.

This is merely a small thing, but for the Flagships, which Alliance? There are multiple... :(

Also, it looks like nearly everyone has opted for a Flagship! Guess we will be using that +10% -> -20% scale then! :D Though, I do wonder about how some of them will be classified...

So...its early next week... *Glances at Beni expectantly* Can it begin? :csw_guard::csw_guard::csw_guard:

This is merely a small thing, but for the Flagships, which Alliance? There are multiple... :(

Also, it looks like nearly everyone has opted for a Flagship! Guess we will be using that +10% -> -20% scale then! :D Though, I do wonder about how some of them will be classified...

So...its early next week... *Glances at Beni expectantly* Can it begin? :csw_guard::csw_guard::csw_guard:

Imperious-class.

And its pretty damn early. :p

And its pretty damn early. :p

:cool:Hey, can't blame us for wanting to have some fun! Which you deny us... :(:(:(:(:(:(

I know, I know, have to finish the factions...if only there was a way to make it go faster...*Looks at those who are not finalized yet* MAKE UP YOUR MINDS ALREADY! :D:D:D:D

Side Note: That taken list is really out of date...

Edited by Silenceo

All right folks, all the factions (save Tunewalker's) have been finalised and ascribed numbers for ground forces (including, I decided, vehicles) and naval forces and I'm PMing them to everyone for final reviews currently.

Also, as a side note. The AT-AT remains untaken. And it would be such a shame to see it go to waste. :D

PM me if your interested!

All right folks, all the factions (save Tunewalker's) have been finalised and ascribed numbers for ground forces (including, I decided, vehicles) and naval forces and I'm PMing them to everyone for final reviews currently.

Also, as a side note. The AT-AT remains untaken. And it would be such a shame to see it go to waste. :D

PM me if your interested!

Finding fighters that arent taken has proved to be difficult, and Beni really seems to HATE my selection of capital ships, in the respect that he believes they will fail hard, as always I am a stubborn Mule. If it fails hard SO BE IT. :D

Edited by tunewalker

Your faction is the least terrifying to me :p

Beni, put us up first! Would be an interesting one for sure...

You're only saying that because you're afraid! Afraid, I tell you, AFRAID!!!

Besides, I don't want to go first. You go first. :p