Kaggath Battlegrounds

Even so, wouldn't be the worst battle droids ever deployed...See B1's... Though, if I recall correctly the Phase I's had some sort of acceleration device that made them able to cross ground quickly, but I would have to track down the source.

As for the everything being taken, there are plenty of options still open! Such as Hapes, or the Ssi-Ri. Heck, the Chiss are almost entirely untouched and they are quite formidable. Or Perhaps you could try something like Legacy Era with Darth Krayt or some such. There are even most of the characters dealing with those factions still avalable. Though, since you don't wish to, no need to pester you. :D

I'm good, but thanks.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thoughts on this, I dont see Welk, or Thul in the Kilik Faction, Lomi Plo, Welk and Thul were all part of the same hive and pulled power off each other. Lomi would be lessened by not having Thul and Welk ( I may be wrong but I thought there were other temporary Joiners that were jedi as well, of whom would have had knowledge of the force that these 3 would have utlitized, and remember knowledge takes you closer to your maximum potential these would also not be part of the hive as far as I am aware).

Other then that, it sounds like some events might be overblown a little.

Also Sel's win didnt have anything to do with anything being overblown. There were attempts to overblow Rakatta tech and under score strategy that allowed that tech to really shine, there was an attempt to overblow Traya's abilities, but in the end all the attempts to overblow things were reeled in for the most part and I honestly believe Sel won fair and square. None of her victories in the final matches were decisive, they were all extremely close and if scenario's were to be written over and over she would lose 49/100 of them while winning 51/100. All in all it was a fair match to me (though part of me thinks Leia was not given enough credit but its hard to get credit for people in the NJO besides Luke, Jacen and Jaina.)

Edited by tunewalker

Just thoughts on this, I dont see Welk, or Thul in the Kilik Faction, Lomi Plo, Welk and Thul were all part of the same hive and pulled power off each other. Lomi would be lessened by not having Thul and Welk ( I may be wrong but I thought there were other temporary Joiners that were jedi as well, of whom would have had knowledge of the force that these 3 would have utlitized, and remember knowledge takes you closer to your maximum potential these would also not be part of the hive as far as I am aware).

Other then that, it sounds like some events might be overblown a little.

They never specify that the other force-user joiners were necessary to tap into the nest's force potential. I don't think it'd weaken Plo to not have them, but the faction as a whole would just be weaker on that front.

Still, I don't see it being an issue and besides they get only 2 force users and I can think of dozens I'd want before Thul or Welk. There is no compounding of power as far as I am aware.They don't add or subtract from each other in any way it has more to do with the Killik nest's force potential being exploited.

Though, that leaves the question that if Plo needed Thul to control the Killiks then does the fact he doesn't exist in this context hamper her? Maybe you're on to something Tune.

They never specify that the other force-user joiners were necessary to tap into the nest's force potential. I don't think it'd weaken Plo to not have them, but the faction as a whole would just be weaker on that front.

Still, I don't see it being an issue and besides they get only 2 force users and I can think of dozens I'd want before Thul or Welk. There is no compounding of power as far as I am aware.They don't add or subtract from each other in any way it has more to do with the Killik nest's force potential being exploited.

Though, that leaves the question that if Plo needed Thul to control the Killiks then does the fact he doesn't exist in this context hamper her? Maybe you're on to something Tune.

By existing as part of it they add to the hive's overall force potential as each individual Jedi person has more force potential then any other single Killik, potentially adding more then any 10 killik's, but Like I said thoughts.

Remember to me no one is unbeatable, no one has a lawls I win button, not even GM Luke. Thus to me circumstances need a lot of looking at before things are really put as to high or to low or what have you. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses, I am sure Lomi does as well. Luke may be the most powerful force user, but that doesnt mean he is the best at everything, Leia beats him in Telepathy based Abilities, Saba beats him in Life Sense, Cihgal beats him in Healing, Corran Horn has shown better Illusionary skills if I am not mistaken (though i could be) thats the major thing the NJO made a point to show.... every one is special.

Edited by tunewalker

Oh I know. He also has an amazingly keen eye for espionage, and dueling skills that Dooku himself complimented (although they are not perfect). He is also is quite possibly the best at escaping combat, using his force abilities in creative ways to vanish.

And you guys call Obi-wan the master of Trollsu :p

Yeeeah and I wonder who has him.

As far as Lomi Plo goes given her effectiveness against Luke and Jacen she is essentially going to trash anyone lesser.

Problem with Lomi is, iirc she could be in a dying or seriously harmed state but as long as she had other Killiks in range she just wakes up in a new transformed body.

My closing thoughts on Lomi Plo

• She was capable of drawing on the Force energy of her fellow joiners a i.e UnuThul, Welk (Alema Rar?).

• She was capable of drawing on the Force sensitivity of the Killik hive.

The first is non existent, and the latter considerably diminished, therefore Lomi will not be as powerful in the Kaggath as she is in the Dark Nest Trilogy, because her powers are circumstantial and therefore not cause for removal.

I'd also like to remind everyone that this is the Kaggath, not the Battlezone, by which I mean Lomi's martial abilities, and how they stack up against the enemy's, are far from the be all and end all. In the end you can just kill all the Killiks then shoot her in the face with a rocket launcher, though not in that particular order. I don't see her as an issue.

My closing thoughts on Lomi Plo

• She was capable of drawing on the Force energy of her fellow joiners a i.e UnuThul, Welk (Alema Rar?).

• She was capable of drawing on the Force sensitivity of the Killik hive.

The first is non existent, and the latter considerably diminished, therefore Lomi will not be as powerful in the Kaggath as she is in the Dark Nest Trilogy, because her powers are circumstantial and therefore not cause for removal.

I'd also like to remind everyone that this is the Kaggath, not the Battlezone, by which I mean Lomi's martial abilities, and how they stack up against the enemy's, are far from the be all and end all. In the end you can just kill all the Killiks then shoot her in the face with a rocket launcher, though not in that particular order. I don't see her as an issue.

Sent a PM with a question about something entirely different.

Also, what's it looking like? Tune's faction or no? We got the numbers to start this shortly?

My patience with your overestimation of her powers is wearing thin as well Aurbere.

Oh my! :rolleyes:

And Sel, Aurbere called Beni and Silenceo's experience into question thereby insinuating that because he had more experience than the other two people who agree with, my position was somehow wrong or uninformed.

You used the relatively uninformed opinions of two individuals to suggest that your stance was correct. I don't care whose stance is correct anymore.

Seriously, must we quote lines from the book to each other?

Nope.

Even so she has extremely greasy powers to work with including one of the easiest death dodgers in the saga, whilst I am not overly familiar with Plo's ability to connect I know it grants her stupid strong abilities.

Also Beni is that my faction done with then? I sent you my final draw up I hope it is approved.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Even so she has extremely greasy powers to work with including one of the easiest death dodgers in the saga, whilst I am not overly familiar with Plo's ability to connect I know it grants her stupid strong abilities.

Also Beni is that my faction done with then? I sent you my final draw up I hope it is approved.

The fact of the matter is that Lomi's abilities are going to be considerably amped, despite the numbers of Killiks being diminished. Honestly, I think she should just be reverted to her pre-Dark Queen state so we can avoid the future logistical arguments.

Edit: I just picked a quote at random. :p

Edited by Aurbere

Bah everyone just purchase insectoid spray off the black market.

On another note Killiks vs Vong would be extremely awesome to debate as we never have before.

I'm just gonna come out and say that I think Killiks and Vong are on the same faction.

I'm just gonna come out and say that I think Killiks and Vong are on the same faction.

Agreed, and sadly it looks like the black market has raised the price of bug spray exponentially... I fear we may have to face that threat without such a useful weapon...Though, if anyone here has Ithor, I would laugh if the person with the vong attempted to invade there. :D *also would be funny if Ithor was added as a bonus battle ground after the winner is announced, like what happened last time, for a final battle, that doesn't really effect who won the tournament*

Edited by Silenceo

Agreed, and sadly it looks like the black market has raised the price of bug spray exponentially... I fear we may have to face that threat without such a useful weapon...Though, if anyone here has Ithor, I would laugh if the person with the vong attempted to invade there. :D *also would be funny if Ithor was added as a bonus battle ground after the winner is announced, like what happened last time, for a final battle, that doesn't really effect who won the tournament*

I doubt anybody picked Ithor. Who knows, right?

I suppose that would be possible.

Edit: So when are we going to get started?

I think that Beni said by Saturday...but judging by how most people view times tables, it could be in a month. That reminds me, how goes the Battlezone scenario? :D:D:D

I think that Beni said by Saturday...but judging by how most people view times tables, it could be in a month. That reminds me, how goes the Battlezone scenario? :D:D:D

I've spent a ton of time just figuring out how the battle is going to go down, writing a scenario for it is even more difficult. There are a ton of possibilities for how it could happen, so I've elected to provide a simple explanation of the battle, rather than a scenario.

It's easier that way, and allows me to properly convey all of the necessary details.

I won't reply to everything because, frankly, my tolerance is wearing thin.

My patience with your overestimation of her powers is wearing thin as well Aurbere.

My take on this :p

You used the relatively uninformed opinions of two individuals to suggest that your stance was correct. I don't care whose stance is correct anymore.[/Quote]

Not that is was correct, merely that I had support. Besides, I'm not uninformed and I am the one making the argument. And I never cared to begin with, I was merely pointing out that there is room to debate.

Nope.

Good, then let's please drop this as it is rather unnecessary.

I also never attacked you personally Aurbere merely your argument, sorry if your "tolerance is wearing thin" :eek: for some friendly debate...

also never attacked you personally Aurbere merely your argument, sorry if your "tolerance is wearing thin" :eek: for some friendly debate...

Sorry, I just had to point this out.

Now can both of you stop arguing and re-start this debate once Lomi Plo stomps the first person? (Or loses to them, if she faces me/rayla or anyone else with a counter)

Edited by Selenial

Sorry, I just had to point this out.

Now can both of you stop arguing and re-start this debate once Lomi Plo stomps the first person? (Or loses to them, if she faces me/rayla or anyone else with a counter)

What about me?! I haz all of the counters!

Edited by Aurbere

Good, then let's please drop this as it is rather unnecessary.

I also never attacked you personally Aurbere merely your argument, sorry if your "tolerance is wearing thin" :eek: for some friendly debate...

I conceded a while ago because I had honestly stopped caring. I was just bored, really.

Besides, I need to reserve energy for when my leader takes the field. Then I can annihilate everybody's perspectives of him. :p

Edited by Aurbere