Kaggath Battlegrounds

IDEA: What if in Battleground mode, if a member leader dies in round one other than the head of state, they are out of the kaggath? It could then essentially be reminents at the very last round duking it out. Of course, certain factions would benefit too greatly for this, I just felt I should let the idea be known. Then again, that would likely fit much better with more of a last team standing layout than a Kaggath or battleground...

That actually sounds cool. Think of it like Kaggath: Survival esque-mode.

Maybe shrink it down further and have players create just a squad of "heroes" and have them to try and survive different planets/enemies/etc. while competing with other factions to achieve an objective and/or just deathmatch.

Or you could have a leader and allies etc... but only 1 minor force a vehicle (or two) etc. Land them on some of the most hostile planets in Star Wars with all the dangers they pose and have a king of the hill or something akin. The possibilities are endless and I think character dynamics will be much more important. Just and idea for a much later date.

Oh, and permanent deaths, gotta have those. It'd wreak havoc on the Character Dynamics and be a ton of fun to debate.

Edited by StarSquirrel

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That actually sounds cool. Think of it like Kaggath: Survival esque-mode.

Maybe shrink it down further and have players create just a squad of "heroes" and have them to try and survive different planets/enemies/etc. while competing with other factions to achieve an objective and/or just deathmatch.

Or you could have a leader and allies etc... but only 1 minor force a vehicle (or two) etc. Land them on some of the most hostile planets in Star Wars with all the dangers they pose and have a king of the hill or something akin. The possibilities are endless and I think character dynamics will be much more important. Just and idea for a much later date.

Oh, and permanent deaths, gotta have those. It'd wreak havoc on the Character Dynamics and be a ton of fun to debate.

That gives me idea...

What if one of us was to essentially do a *Survival of the Forum Goers* game where the host is the game master and updates the thread everyday with a new accurance and narrates what happens due to the players actions. Last one alive wins. *or if the participants or rescued or find a way off planet all who survived up to that point win*Example:

Narrator: You have all crash landed in escape pods on Felucia with very limited supplies, what did you manage to grab before you made it to the escape pod? What will you do first?

What would happen then is that the participants would go over what they might do given the current event and how they would respond, starting simple such as that and evolving into more complex. By the next day the game master would take the players most recent decisions that they discussed in the thread and incorporate them into what happens. So if you talk about how you would have a blaster and a survival kit but go back and forth between a lightsaber and a blaster, if the last one you post about is the lightsaber it would then be what you got. Would add somewhat of a time quality making it so each decision counts, but still has plenty of time to change before it is final.

More complex example:

Beniboybling has gone missing in the jungle for several days now and Aurbere set out yesterday to look for him. Selenial tends to the food stores as Silenceo searches for more adequate building material. Meanwhile Star Squirrel has stumbled upon an abandoned weapon cash after he had split up from Beni days before. What do you do next?

Lousy example, but just trying to show how that the paths could easily become divergent but if updated daily should provide a bit of forum fun as well as a few laughs.

To re-iterate, is anyone interested in Forum Members Vs. Wild? *Not necessarily me as the narrator/game master, just was using it as an example*

Edited by Silenceo

To re-iterate, is anyone interested in Forum Members Vs. Wild? *Not necessarily me as the narrator/game master, just was using it as an example*

+1 I'd be interested for sure :D

And Silenceo, if you wanted to head it up I'd be cool with that as well. I'd offer to do it myself but I think I might be a tad inconsistent. Though I'd be willing to work with you as co-GM/Narrator if you'd like. If we can get 5-6 people (including us) interested it'd be a neat idea.

Edited by StarSquirrel

One of the proposals I was going to make is that if you successfully win and manage to convert an opponent's character, that character remains in your faction for the remainder of the tournament, obviously this would need limits and such but it's a very tantalizing idea to say the least.

Also... Beni, father in law passed away so I've been distracted recently, changes incoming tomorrow.
Sorry to hear that :( I hope my restrictions are not proving to taxing!
IDEA: What if in Battleground mode, if a member leader dies in round one other than the head of state, they are out of the kaggath? It could then essentially be reminents at the very last round duking it out. Of course, certain factions would benefit too greatly for this, I just felt I should let the idea be known. Then again, that would likely fit much better with more of a last team standing layout than a Kaggath or battleground...
One of the proposals I was going to make is that if you successfully win and manage to convert an opponent's character, that character remains in your faction for the remainder of the tournament, obviously this would need limits and such but it's a very tantalizing idea to say the least.
Interesting ideas, but the issues I see here is that it would prove to punishing to players, ould prove difficult to reach a decision on. But definitely something to consider for future tournaments.

Side Note: I think I missed the battle zones conclusion, I wish to know which of those insane meat bags managed to kill the other insane meat bags! Such carnage should always be justly recorded!

I haven't posted the decision yet.

So, uh, these PT Jedi Knights... What are we looking at when it comes to average skill level? We talking Geonosis Jedi, or something like the Padawan Pack?

Just a question I want to throw out there while we wait.

So, uh, these PT Jedi Knights... What are we looking at when it comes to average skill level? We talking Geonosis Jedi, or something like the Padawan Pack?

I asked that earlier, no response.

However, they do have a few glaring weaknesses...

Random PT Jedi, guess just go with the usual.

1. Being fast enough to deflect blaster bolts.

2. Basic applications of Force, IE: Push/Pull/Jump, nothing too extreme though.

3. Rudimentary training in lightsaber combat.

It's nothing overwhelming, yet nothing poor that they would be useless. Could use the same for Sith Warriors really...but that's just my thoughts on this, random guys ya can't really pin down as to where they could be, cause they are just there to show up.

They would still be above non-force users, but not the more experienced/trained non-force users to the point that they wouldn't be threatened by them.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

The makeup of the PT Jedi Knights has not been determined quite yet, but even if it had, I couldn't tell you. :p

We better not be using the Padawan Pack as an example of average Jedi. That's all I'm saying.

Edit: Triple Post! :D

Edited by Aurbere

Same...

But it's a lot of effort, might just wing it.

Effort is certainly involved. I can't do mine right now because I don't have all of my sources with me (away with family for the weekend).

So, off-topic, how's that request I made to you coming along?

Effort is certainly involved. I can't do mine right now because I don't have all of my sources with me (away with family for the weekend).

So, off-topic, how's that request I made to you coming along?

Uhhhh, as in the one you requested ages ago?

Pretty sure I sent that 0.0

Uhh, if I didn't, lemme know and I'll hunt it down and send it to ya, I've been gathering those resources for an entirely unrelated reason anyway ;)

Its times like these that I am jealous of you guys, I have yet to get the books that have all of the good data on the units, so most of what I try and use is either from memory or wiki's...*sigh* If only I would remember one of these times when I browse books online...

Uhhhh, as in the one you requested ages ago?

Pretty sure I sent that 0.0

Uhh, if I didn't, lemme know and I'll hunt it down and send it to ya, I've been gathering those resources for an entirely unrelated reason anyway ;)

Never got it.