Kaggath Battlegrounds

If my calculations are correct, most of the factions if not all are not stealth based as a matter of fact, if so, awesome, just outright war, less "my faction is stealthier than your stealth faction", "my intelligence counter intels your intelligence's counter intelligence brah." "I put a stealth generator in my stealth generator so my stealth generator can stealth, so I can stealth while I stealth."

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If my calculations are correct, most of the factions if not all are not stealth based as a matter of fact, if so, awesome, just outright war, less "my faction is stealthier than your stealth faction", "my intelligence counter intels your intelligence's counter intelligence brah." "I put a stealth generator in my stealth generator so my stealth generator can stealth, so I can stealth while I stealth."

Thank everything for that to a degree, some of those conversations could really turn circular as hell lol.

Funny thing is, knowing how much emphasis is placed on it, and how much credit it gets (some of it deserved not all of it though) if there was a stealth faction, it would win.

Edited by tunewalker

Thank everything for that to a degree, some of those conversations could really turn circular as hell lol.

Funny thing is, knowing how much emphasis is placed on it, and how much credit it gets (some of it deserved not all of it though) if there was a stealth faction, it would win.

Indeed, but am I the only one who thinks it's just damn boring to just sneak your way to victory, I want a frakkin' battle, not a game of hide and seek.

Indeed, but am I the only one who thinks it's just damn boring to just sneak your way to victory, I want a frakkin' battle, not a game of hide and seek.

Pretty much with you there. I honestly think ours was one of the best battles of the last Kaggath, whether it went right or wrong, it was balanced. IE not Pure sneaking, not Pure Fight, Not Pure anything. It took all fascets of war, both Factions geared for Espionage, pure combat, in a fortified location.

Thats what I like to see the most, pure warfare. A faction capable of doing everything that some one does in a war. Spies and sabotage are included, stealth is inclded, but its not what decides anything its just 1 more means the Faction uses as a means towards victory. A War that doesnt have everything, just feels empty to me, it should have its grand battles, it should have its special ops missions in the MIDDLE of those grand battles that make a small difference in the right spot, it should have BOTH teams trying these missions.

The Wars should be decided by the equipment and the strategies of its individuals. The determination even of the every man soldier, not by an invisible enemy that just LOL's its way to victory, but by a large team, one that sacrifices soldiers in a grand war, while still having elite soldiers for those "espionage" missions, but with out that fighting force the espionage would be meaningless, with out that fighting force, the skills of the select few would be meaningless.

You dont need stealth feild generators you never have, you just need a good group of men to hold off the enemy and create a distraction.

"A fight is never a goal in itself, sometimes it is simply a distraction from the true goal, and is best countered with a larger distraction" The Large army is the distraction, the "elite group" that disables the enemies main heavy walker is the "Larger distraction" the end game is the goal, but thats still not possible with out the army, even "stealth" units I would never call a real threat with out the larger distraction.

I'm not sure if I said this before, but I'm interested to see how Tholme is used. He's been moving up on my ranks, so it will be interesting to see how he plays out. Obviously stealth, but he does other strengths. Edited by Canino

I can tell you that is indeed the case, their is a decided absent of stealth-wielding forces. There are a few guerrilla style units and an inflitration arm here and there, but I expect this Kaggath to live up to its namesake. :D

Thankfully.

I just checked the rule book for more exact wordings, but I can not seem to find these two new rules. By chance can you point them out so I can think the choice over more thoroughly?
I've added them to the rulebook now but they are no more specific that what I have already said, if you have any such questions I'd suggest you PM me instead. I think in your case however it would be a wise choice.

Likely still to be intelligence and counter intelligence due to multiple intelligence agencies. Though, I agree about the ridiculousness of the stealth factions last time...

As for the dark side eventually always losing...I disagree, there are plenty of times that they win wars or battles, and that is all that is needed for this conflict. :jawa_evil:

I'm not sure if I said this before, but I'm interested to see how Tholme is used. He's been moving up on my ranks, so it will be interesting to see how he plays out. Obviously stealth, but he does other strengths.

Yeah, people better watch out for Tholme. He will mess you up if you aren't prepared.

Pfft, Y'all just Jelly that the Imperium was so awesome :p

No but seriously, Stealth won't work as well in Battlegrounds.

Also.... Rayla's really worrying me >.>

Don't misunderstand, stealth is probably one of the best options to go with, but I personally just find it boring to over-specialize in it.

Oh and you are the one who should be least worried my dear friend.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Don't misunderstand, stealth is probably one of the best options to go with, but I personally just find it boring to over-specialize in it.

Oh and you are the one who should be least worried my dear friend.

Oh I know... I know you :p

Also, y'all are all crazy Psychopaths :p "Why is it more honorable to kill 10,000 men on a battlefield than 12 at dinner"...

Also... Beni, father in law passed away so I've been distracted recently, changes incoming tomorrow.

Also, y'all are all crazy Psychopaths :p "Why is it more honorable to kill 10,000 men on a battlefield than 12 at dinner"...

Also... Beni, father in law passed away so I've been distracted recently, changes incoming tomorrow.

Indeed, but you can take comfort in the knowledge that even though we know each other's leadership, I figure we can better prepare ourselves to help each other out, light side gals ftw.

Sorry to hear that, know the feeling. *virtual hug*

There is a reason that they invented droids...Slips my mind why, but there must be a reason behind it! If one specializes in destroying another who is strong in the force....what happens if an enemy has no force to exploit? Neutral, no advantage? Numbers alone have been shown to be capable of killing great jedi/sith before, nor will it be the last time, hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

LK, I am dying to see what it is that you are going on about, makes me think of nightmarish enemies, yet when I look at the taken list I scratch my head...Perhaps I am merely ignorant of a few things, if so it will soon be rectified. TO THE RESEARCH CAVE!

:ph_danger:Aurbere, why so much hate for the lightsiders? Surely they are equally to blame as the darksiders? Whichever the case they will stand trial and be judged. :ph_danger: As Selenial knows, I have little to fear from common force wielders, and the major ones I can assure you, I have contingency plans that will probably backfire that I am prepared to use that still have a chance to kill them. That is, unless jedi suddenly became immune to explosions, blaster bolts, betrayal, or getting crushed physically?

As for your father...:(I am sorry for your loss. :(

Edited by Silenceo

There is a reason that they invented droids...Slips my mind why, but there must be a reason behind it! If one specializes in destroying another who is strong in the force....what happens if an enemy has no force to exploit? Neutral, no advantage? Numbers alone have been shown to be capable of killing great jedi/sith before, nor will it be the last time, hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

LK, I am dying to see what it is that you are going on about, makes me think of nightmarish enemies, yet when I look at the taken list I scratch my head...Perhaps I am merely ignorant of a few things, if so it will soon be rectified. TO THE RESEARCH CAVE!

This would be true, if we had indeed specialized in defeating Force Users, I however have prepared to neutralize any foe and restore order and peace in the Galactic Republic.

Both me and Sel have rock solid factions, don't be overconfident.

I should say the same thing to you. You are not the only one with epic factions.

And I find it amusing that you and Sel have apparently formed some sort of alliance. I will enjoy watching it fall apart when you are pitted against each other. :jawa_evil: