The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Weapon Transmogrify Added as a Legacy Unlock

- I've played all of SWTOR's classes. Enjoyed them all

- I primarily PvP. (would PvE but i am not attracted for irrelevant & disclosed reasons).

- After I toy with all the classes and make sure I know them in PvP, I revert back to my 'main' character in which i spend 95% of my game time playing. I did this the last 10 years playing MMO's. I just really enjoy the idea of playing 1 toon. That being said, (and the main point of this thread) - I would really appreciate more customization options for my one character (Sith Juggernaught). I mean basic customization like my Juggernaught being able to wield his lightsaber in a different manner. Such as holding it behind his back like Darth Starkiller (if legacy 50? think of something..). On the same note, I would think that classes like the Mercenary should be able to wield something BESIDES two pistols for their entire careers. Seems ridiculous and redundant guys :\ Very very silly philosophy if you ask me. NOT having a transmogrify vendor of sorts in this game makes going about this implementation more difficult, but I'm sure they could figure something out.

Imagine These Options from a newly added "Weapons Transmogrify Vendor" specifically for weapons only. When you change weapon types or go from single to duel wield, you must insert the item to gain its appearance.

Cosmetic Weapon Customization

(1) Change my 1 saber to 2 sabers

(2) Change my 1 saber to a saber staff

(3) Change 1 pistol to 2 pistols

(4) Change 2 pistols to 1 pistol

(5) Change 2 pistols to Rifle [insert rifle for animation change]

((you get the point))

Cosmetic Weapon Stance Alterations

(1) [2 sabers] Hold right saber behind back and left with the blade facing left (like darth starkiller)

(2) [1 saber] Hold right saber behind back

(3) [saber-staff] Hold the saber staff in front of you horizontally - with 1 blade facing left, and the other right (like darth maul)

(?) guns miss out on this feature, BUT you will be able to use whatever gun(s) you want! A mercenary using a blaster rifle like Boba Fett. Etc. I think this will suffice enough.

The virtual MMO zeitgeist in the field of customization has slowly been evolving since 2001. At first. most games had crazy restrictions like 'this class can only use a mace', and 'this class cant use two handed weapons'; or 'Here are your 2 daggers for life'. This is silly and we should move on as a species in this virtual cosmetic matter of entertainment.

Negatives: Only occur in PvP if @ all

(1) Is that a..... marauder? or a juggernaught?

(2) I didn't CC that marauder after he charged me because I thought he was a juggernaught (hes only wielding 1 saber).

(3) Adaptive Armor can be deceptive when trying to quickly figure out what class you're going against in PvP, now this?!

Get over it :)

Add this in the upcoming expansion please. And Bioware/EA, i think this would be a cool opportunity to make more $ on the cartel market. Unlock these weapon customization options via the legacy system ($$$, or cartel coins) and make them for the entire legacy, not character only. An example would be:

Transmogrify to Blaster Rifle 500,000 credits 1000 cartel coins

Transmogrify to Saber Staff 500,000 credits 1000 cartel coins

etc

Edited by Warlord_Maliken

Yes please yes anything that will be legacy why don locks I will support because it is so hard to find items to buy items over and over and over again 4 one character a piece if they would use cre if they would use credits for some of these items