The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Chinese comic of Ep IV w/ Chimp Chewie, Boba Fett, & "Kennedy Space Center"

A Rolling Stone article about an old Chinese comic adaptation of Episode IV, the article has a link to a blog post that includes .pdfs of the full comic, which are kind of fascinating to see (even for someone like me who cannot read the text).

Highlights include:

• The attack on the Tantive IV including Boba Fett and the other Bounty Hunters from Empire. PDF #1 page 9
  • 6-foot tall Jawas and an Uncle Owen who looks like Clint Eastwood PDF #1 page 12
  • Leia's "Help me Obi-Wan" hologram looking like something out of a disco music video. (PDF #1 page 15)
  • Tusken Raiders being Aztec warriors. (PDF #1 page 22)
  • A cross between Darth Vader and He-Man posing in front of a Triceratops... no, really. (PDF #2 page 6)
  • The Death Star's display screen saying "Kennedy Space Center" on it. (PDF #2 page 17)
  • The Stormtroopers being Boba Fett clones decades before Episode II. (PDF #2 page 19)
  • Chewbacca's face being right out of Planet of the Apes. (PDF #3 page 4)
  • The Yavin rebel base looking like it is Kennedy Space Center, complete with rebels in contemporary three-piece suits. (PDF #3 pages 16-17)
  • And yeah, Luke and Leia are totally gonna bone right after the Heroes of Yavin ceremony. (PDF #4 page 10)
  • Plus the vehicle designs throughout are just crazy.

Honestly, this stuff has to been seen to be believed. Here are the direct links to the PDFs

PDF #1

PDF #2

PDF #3

PDF #4

Edited by DarthDymond

So funny and yes chewie looks more ape than any other character.

They completely missed the style of ships too, is this a comedy comic? hoping good comics get to go there and let chinesse enjoy star wars as it is, they are mockign star wars with this comic whoever made it.

Great, i can never unwatch that:mad:

(still, pretty damn funny and incredibly weird stuff:D )

Yea it was fun, wonder what they are saying chewie must be saying something awkward in this comic, anyone can translate?

Edited by ZahirS