Did space missions get buffed?

Granstereski

I've done the rank 5 missions a million times, so I know them like the back of my hand. Today I do them and I feel like I'm doing 50% damage. Before I would even be able to kill fighters even with my shields up without too much trouble. Today I couldn't even kill the weakest fighter that way.

Something happened.

Anyone else notice this?

Is this a character you're still leveling? Some of the missions scale with level.

No. I've been doing the rank 1-5s for years. Last time I did them was Monday. They were fine then. Today, with the same gear, same level, same character, I try them and the enemies aren't dying as easily.

They've been learning from their mistakes.

Years of experience fighting you has taught them how to defeat you because they know all your tricks.

All this time when you've thought you were winning, they were just using the opportunity to study you and learn your weaknesses.

Now the time has finally come for them to strike back.

It does that to me sometimes. It seems like shields get stuck on when guns are selected usually restarting the space mission fixes it for me.

That's not what's happening to me. It toggles fine, and I can still kill them, but it's just as if they take twice as much damage or if I'm only doing half damage. With my shields up, I can't even kill the wimpiest fighters.