Assassin 2.8 changes

Mevarek

Hi, I just wanted to know the general consensus about the changes to assassin. I used to main a sin DPS and I think some of the changes are a bit too far. However, I do agree that the class needs some love. I would just like to know what everyone else thinks about the changes. Thanks.

what do you mean some of the changes have gone to far? and if you are talking about the changes to madness I invite you to try it out in some pvp and then i think you will see that those changes are necessary. but thats my opinion

as a madness sin :)

what do you mean some of the changes have gone to far? and if you are talking about the changes to madness I invite you to try it out in some pvp and then i think you will see that those changes are necessary. but thats my opinion

as a madness sin :)

I have played madness in both PvE and PvP situations and I agree that the class was in need of some buffs, that being said, I don't agree with some of the crushing darkness changes. I don't think that crushing darkness needs a damage increase along with the RNG from its proc being completely removed. Yes I understand that it wasn't optimal to be fishing for crushing darkness procs, but there are better ways to remedy that problem than completely removing a mechanic of the class. That also being said, I do think that the force regen buff was needed and that the overall increase in damage to dots is good for the class as well.

I usually play as a tank on my sin, fooled around with dps a little. Recently out of boredom made a semi decent dps set and was doing pretty well in madness, beat a few hm df/dp's as dps. Then I went over to the test server and did some parses and I was really excited getting 3500 on the dummy, which is really good for me. I will be continuing to gear up my dps set on live and looking forward to 2.8.

I don't think that crushing darkness needs a damage increase along with the RNG from its proc being completely removed

Keep in mind they removed the +2 sec duration and replaced it with a +33% buff. The two cancel out, damage wise, since 2 secs out of 6, is 33%. Now the initial damage got a buff as well, but the spec lacked any type of burst what so ever, so I don't see how anyone can argue against it