The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Time to unlock names again.

DigitalWar

My problem is with this is? Lets say, i get in an accident of some kind and i'm literally stuck in a hospital bed for 6 months and then i come home but have to stay in bed again for 3 or more months and cant log into my account. When i do finally log in, will my account be gone or the names of my 10 toons cleared out and some others are using them now?

Because, that would be SOOOOOOOOOO Freaking WRONG! I think the time period allowed for an in active account should be at least, a Year. After that then its all free game, and BW should kill the account, and release names back into the FRENZY. Now when people close out their accounts, all names should be up for grabs as soon as said accounts are closed....

Simple huh?

My problem is with this is? Lets say, i get in an accident of some kind and i'm literally stuck in a hospital bed for 6 months and then i come home but have to stay in bed again for 3 or more months and cant log into my account. When i do finally log in, will my account be gone or the names of my 10 toons cleared out and some others are using them now?

Because, that would be SOOOOOOOOOO Freaking WRONG! I think the time period allowed for an in active account should be at least, a Year. After that then its all free game, and BW should kill the account, and release names back into the FRENZY. Now when people close out their accounts, all names should be up for grabs as soon as said accounts are closed....

Simple huh?

A dont get into a accidet. And its only to inactive accounts =not subbed. If u havent logged on for over a year then you prolly not coming back, and if you are, the rest of us are paying to keep the game going while u are gone. Do the rest of us have to wait 5 years for good names to become availaible? i think not.

B this has already been done before so nothing new here. Bioware released names about 6 months ago that were left on inactive accounts.

C it would only be the names of avatars on a server not the account names. See B above.

A dont get into a accidet. And its only to inactive accounts =not subbed. If u havent logged on for over a year then you prolly not coming back, and if you are, the rest of us are paying to keep the game going while u are gone. Do the rest of us have to wait 5 years for good names to become availaible? i think not.

B this has already been done before so nothing new here. Bioware released names about 6 months ago that were left on inactive accounts.

C it would only be the names of avatars on a server not the account names. See B above.

Ok, i see your B. and A. and raise you a D. LIKE PEOPLE CAN STOP UNCONTROLLABLE ACCIDENTS.

Now I was here for the first Name Cleanse and i know it was on the avatars and not the accounts, as a matter of fact, i have been here since early beta testing, and i, perfectly understand the concept of " inactive accounts". My previous statement was a, Hypothetical one, that i guess i left out the Subscribers in my scenario. But. be as that may. What happens if a subscriber is hurt ( AGAIN JUST AN HYPOTHETICAL ) and after one month his/her automatic with draw from his bank account runs out, and BW cant withdraw their payment, and then another name cleanse occurs, so would, said subscriber that lost their game account do to lack of funds in their bank account, loose their avatar name/s?

That was just one out of a MILLION Reasons why, it might not be fair, that some one would loose their names over.

( AGAIN JUST AN HYPOTHETICAL )

Ok, i see your B. and A. and raise you a D. LIKE PEOPLE CAN STOP UNCONTROLLABLE ACCIDENTS.

Now I was here for the first Name Cleanse and i know it was on the avatars and not the accounts, as a matter of fact, i have been here since early beta testing, and i, perfectly understand the concept of " inactive accounts". My previous statement was a, Hypothetical one, that i guess i left out the Subscribers in my scenario. But. be as that may. What happens if a subscriber is hurt ( AGAIN JUST AN HYPOTHETICAL ) and after one month his/her automatic with draw from his bank account runs out, and BW cant withdraw their payment, and then another name cleanse occurs, so would, said subscriber that lost their game account do to lack of funds in their bank account, loose their avatar name/s?

That was just one out of a MILLION Reasons why, it might not be fair, that some one would loose their names over.

( AGAIN JUST AN HYPOTHETICAL )

I don't really care about the reason any given player is inactive. All sorts of unfair things happen in life and y'know what? Tough bananas. Suck it up.

If the character is on an unsubbed account and hasn't logged in for a year, they lose the name. That, to me, is as fair as it gets because there are OTHER people who are PLAYING RIGHT NOW (and paying!) who might want to use that name. Is it fair to THEM to hold onto it even if (HYPOTHETICAL HERE) the player never returns?

I don't really care about the reason any given player is inactive. All sorts of unfair things happen in life and y'know what? Tough bananas. Suck it up.

If the character is on an unsubbed account and hasn't logged in for a year, they lose the name. That, to me, is as fair as it gets because there are OTHER people who are PLAYING RIGHT NOW (and paying!) who might want to use that name. Is it fair to THEM to hold onto it even if (HYPOTHETICAL HERE) the player never returns?

Very well put. I was think of the same thing, but you worded it well. ty. ...lol

Well first off. I never said unfair for those that NEVER RETURN, of course those that never return should lose every thing. And second thing, To Quote your words "SUCK IT UP" if you cant have a name that is not available, be creative and come up with another name, I had to. I beta tested this game way back when and i used a name i use for all my games and by the time launch was here, when i went to make my first Character the name was taken, a month or so later i got an in game email saying: "hey i liked your name since i saw it on one of the group maps we were testing just wanted to say Thanks". ( Of course he was referring back at some point in beta testing. )

So with that said, i just used the same name and learned how to make accented letters and then, well, Excelsior!

Nuff Said......