Has SWTOR gotten any better?

Hey all, I have a serious question that needs answering, after playing FFXIV for a longtime I am starting to slowly get bored with it and wanting to come back to SWTOR for its unique storytelling and PvP as PvP in any game is quite a big importance for me. So i have stuff to do really.

I stopped being a sub since January 2012 but added some more time to my account today. But onto my main question

But I am wondering since then, has the game gotten any better with endgame and pvp?

Also are finding groups much quicker now? I remember I used to sit on group finder for 2-8 hours and never find a group for a good week.

Edited by Jedilightness

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game has vastly improved since a month after launch.

Yes. But the problem for him is that he said PvP was very important to him. PvP has has Open World removed, 8x8 removed, and only 3 new maps added since launch almost 3 years ago. So if PvP is very important to him... then well... lolz

Yes. But the problem for him is that he said PvP was very important to him. PvP has has Open World removed, 8x8 removed, and only 3 new maps added since launch almost 3 years ago. So if PvP is very important to him... then well... lolz

You're acting line People are unable to do PvP in this game, which isn't true.

Hey all, I have a serious question that needs answering, after playing FFXIV for a longtime I am starting to slowly get bored with it and wanting to come back to SWTOR for its unique storytelling and PvP as PvP in any game is quite a big importance for me. So i have stuff to do really.

I stopped being a sub since January 2012 but added some more time to my account today. But onto my main question

But I am wondering since then, has the game gotten any better with endgame and pvp?

Also are finding groups much quicker now? I remember I used to sit on group finder for 2-8 hours and never find a group for a good week.

I'm confused... You said you stopped being a sub by January 2012.

At the time, there was no Group Finder to begin with. When it was first introduced, this game still required a subscription, so... When did you tinkered around with Group Finder?

Also, 2-8 hours? You gotta be trolling for sure. :o

At the time, there was no Group Finder to begin with. When it was first introduced, this game still required a subscription, so... When did you tinkered around with Group Finder?

Good catch... Something doesn't seem right, now.

Other than Makeb and a very brief story in Oricon, there is very little added story since when you left it, if you aren't into doing Ops and Flashpoints, and definitely zero movement since Makeb on the main storyline.

If questing is your thing, you haven't missed anything - the wait and neglect has been atrocious.

You think someone would do that?

Just come on the internet and tell lies?

I think someone would come into a thread and just pull a number off the top of their head they think approximately was around the time period they were considering.

I think also that there are always some people looking to dismiss something someone says on a technicality rather than the merits of what they are actually trying to express, and I feel sorry for the poor weak-minded souls who engage in such practices, as it shows an overabundance of ego and a lack of rationale.

My bad on the time that I left the sub, was in 2013 when I left, just checked my account history.

My bad on the time that I left the sub, was in 2013 when I left, just checked my account history.

Still, 2-8 hours in Group Finder? Something must be terribly wrong with your ISP or something; Unless of course, you were using the Group Finder for Operations or Planetary content.

Can't think of anything else. :confused:

Also good to know that the game has improved since then. I personally found the PvE fun, and I didnt mean World PvP i meant Arena / Warzones

Although have they added ALOT of endgame content since I left in 2013 rather than just add very little?

Also good to know that the game has improved since then. I personally found the PvE fun, and I didnt mean World PvP i meant Arena / Warzones

Although have they added ALOT of endgame content since I left in 2013 rather than just add very little?

Level Cap increase, 4 OPs tons of dailies area, a new planet, new cm shinies. 2013 was a great year.

Still, 2-8 hours in Group Finder? Something must be terribly wrong with your ISP or something; Unless of course, you were using the Group Finder for Operations or Planetary content.

Can't think of anything else. :confused:

I was using Group finder for Flashpoints like Directive 7 unless if those are considered operations?

The PvP is still leaving much to be desired, not much has changed, minus the removal of 8 man rankeds in which the Dev team failed utterly at developing. Many of the hardcore PvP'ers have left, with a sprinkle here and there on select servers. Arenas were added, which to be fair was good, but way too late in implementation. Ranked PvP is now stuck on 4's only, cause the team doesn't know how to incorporate 8's and 4's because "technically challenging".

See my sig of the recent questions answered by Eric Musco on QoL PvP questions, you will find the theme of these answers to be par for the course when it comes to TOR. In short, has the PvP aspect gotten better since then? Not a chance, we've seen more content removed than worthy content added. Welcome back to mediocrity.

Edited by Pistols

Ah but yeah back then on my Imperial Agent (Damage Dealer) I sat around for 2-8 hours doing quests, didnt get a single group for Directive 7 until the next day.

You were a DPS specifically queuing for Directive 7 only? Ohhhh boy... THAT would make sense.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

If your main concern is PvP, I would suggest not playing SWTOR. The PvP is awful, it won't get any better and the game revolves around PvE.

Yes. A lot better. Lots of things do, there are places to go, people to see, mounts to get, skills to level up, legacy bonuses to get, pets to collect, warzones to conquer, bounties to capture/kill, dailies to get credits, places to roleplay, things to collect, datacrons to gather, crafting schematics to obtain, lockboxes to open, xp to obtain, galactic starfighter to play, mob grinding, stealth killing, heroic battles to do, reputation to gain, cartel market coins to receive, pieces of gear to obtain, mods to switch out, killing world bosses, collect things from the galactic trade network, different ways of making your character look the way you want and TONS of different types of looks in the game, immerse yourself in the cutscenes, saving up credits for the housing that is coming along with guild ships AND conquering with guilds that perhaps can turn into something PvP in the future ;)

I hope you enjoy your stay in Star Wars: The Old Republic! I for one, am glad you are here and if you have any questions feel free to ask the community. I...we..will be willing to help you!

If your main concern is PvP, I would suggest not playing SWTOR. The PvP is awful, it won't get any better and the game revolves around PvE.

Agreed. This game's focus is not PVP and trying to pretend otherwise will just make you rage a lot. There are better games out there for people who want a PVP focused game.

no it hasn't it's gotten much worse.

the pve is still boring, quests are still some of the most boring things out there. the 'class' stories range from so so to awful, flashpoints still have lots of broken parts in them, and bioware has decided no more new raids rather they are just going to rehash old raids by giving the mobs more health. pvp is awful as well, no open world pvp, ranked pvp is roll a assassin or op. really if you want to pvp just roll one of the two the other classes don't do nearly as much damage or healing as sins and ops. and bioware is nerfing the other classes and beefing up sins and ops why? i guess the devs play those two.

gsf is a full on failure and is dead on just about every server, maybe you'll get a match or two popping once every few hours but if that's what you want go play war thunder. the cartel market is the only thing that really gets updated with more p2w systems that are milking the player base dry of money. strongholds is all about the cartel market. any new content comes in the form of tactical flashpoints that are some of the most easy content ever, i have friends that solo them for fun. and events like the gambling event that puts in slot machines that people are reporting spending millions of credits on and winning nothing.

i'd look at games like wildstar, eve, the secret world and the swg emu.

the pve is still boring, quests are still some of the most boring things out there. the 'class' stories range from so so to awful, flashpoints still have lots of broken parts in them, and bioware has decided no more new raids rather they are just going to rehash old raids by giving the mobs more health. pvp is awful as well, no open world pvp, ranked pvp is roll a assassin or op. really if you want to pvp just roll one of the two the other classes don't do nearly as much damage or healing as sins and ops. and bioware is nerfing the other classes and beefing up sins and ops why? i guess the devs play those two.

gsf is a full on failure and is dead on just about every server, maybe you'll get a match or two popping once every few hours but if that's what you want go play war thunder. the cartel market is the only thing that really gets updated with more p2w systems that are milking the player base dry of money. strongholds is all about the cartel market. any new content comes in the form of tactical flashpoints that are some of the most easy content ever, i have friends that solo them for fun. and events like the gambling event that puts in slot machines that people are reporting spending millions of credits on and winning nothing.

We appreciate your monthly $15 so you can cry on the forums.

^ Spot on tbh

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.