The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Private guild looking for character trades/increased guild bonuses for you AND us!

CaliOrion

Update:

I've found that the easiest way to do this seems to be to just pop onto another server and post a polite request in general chat on the starter planets. I didn't expect to have much luck (probably because me and all my anti-social friends have general chat turned off 95% of the time,) but I've been pleasantly surprised so far. I'm going to direct my efforts in that direction from here on, just because it is SO much easier and faster than trying to hook up with someone off the forums! If anyone really wants to swap some alts with us, we're still game; but I'm going to stop checking this thread regularly pretty soon. May I present a HUGE "Thank you" to everyone who's helped us out so far!

Original Message:

Greetings Imperial/Republic patriots/scum!

As guildmaster/half of the members of two small, semi-private guilds of real-life friends on Red Eclipse, I'm hoping to find some other players in a similar situation on other servers who would be interested in "trading" active accounts with us: you would come to Red Eclipse and make a character (or two) that you never intend to play, just to join our guild(s); and one of us would come to your server and make a character or two to join your guild(s).

Please note: I'm only looking for people who want to swap some characters with us. We're not interested in joining your uberguild with all the trimmings, we just want to get a little more bonus XP and a guild bank to make our tradeskillers happy. Well, our one tradeskiller, anyway. We're also not interested in recruiting other people who want to actively play on our server - we're picky, elitist snobs, and don't let anyone ever tell you different.

Anyone who's interested can either reply here, send me an in-game mail on Red Eclipse to Vythar (Imperial) or Ari-kend (Republic), or simply send a tell to any online member of "Altoholics Anonymous" (Imp) or "Insomniacs Anonymous" (Rep) Most of them will know what you're talking about, except for that one guy who's always stoned. I apologize in advance if you end up talking to him.

Edited by CaliOrion

Greetings Imperial/Republic patriots/scum!

As guildmaster/half of the members of two small, semi-private guilds of real-life friends on Red Eclipse, I'm hoping to find some other players in a similar situation on other servers who would be interested in "trading" active accounts with us: you would come to Red Eclipse and make a character (or two) that you never intend to play, just to join our guild(s); and one of us would come to your server and make a character or two to join your guild(s).

Please note: I'm only looking for people who want to swap some characters with us. We're not interested in joining your uberguild with all the trimmings, we just want to get a little more bonus XP and a guild bank to make our tradeskillers happy. Well, our one tradeskiller, anyway. We're also not interested in recruiting other people who want to actively play on our server - we're picky, elitist snobs, and don't let anyone ever tell you different.

Anyone who's interested can either reply here, send me an in-game mail on Red Eclipse to Vythar (Imperial) or Ari-kend (Republic), or simply send a tell to any online member of "Altoholics Anonymous" (Imp) or "Insomniacs Anonymous" (Rep) Most of them will know what you're talking about, except for that one guy who's always stoned. I apologize in advance if you end up talking to him.

In other words you want people to just make toons and then just leave them in your guild? Do you honestly know how desperate that sounds? With all due respect, why not just recruit people?

In other words you want people to just make toons and then just leave them in your guild? Do you honestly know how desperate that sounds? With all due respect, why not just recruit people?

It's possible server population doesn't support recruitment.

I don't need reciprocation for any of my guilds, original poster, but I'll be more than happy to contribute one to yours. I appreciate a GL who can think outside of the box, and this idea's actually rather clever. -bp

Yes, precisely. Why? Because, as I stated explicitly in my post, we just aren't interested in playing with other players on a daily basis. We're real-life friends that mostly play together with "from first to last" teams of characters that stick together from 1-50+, and we aren't interested in having a "real" guild and dealing with herding cats all day long -- we just want to get some extra XP and a guild bank to make our usual doofing around a little more convenient.

I don't need reciprocation for any of my guilds, original poster, but I'll be more than happy to contribute one to yours. I appreciate a GL who can think outside of the box, and this idea's actually rather clever. -bp

I certainly wouldn't turn down a freebie if you're interested: I just finished finals today (thank the merciful heavens,) so if you give me a faction, day, time, and timezone, I could be around to recruit you at your convenience, whatever schedule you might be on.

Edited by CaliOrion
Broken quote

I have two Alts (one Imp one Rep) that I don't intend to play yet, since it will take a very long time before I am ready to play them. If you are interested?

(and in the unlikely event that I do play them, don't worry, I'll be as silent as a summer breeze and turn off Guild Chat so you'll never notice that I'm there :) I can ever put you all on ignore so that you can be sure I'll never read your chats if you want)

I can actually feel for the OP and this why i dislike guild bonuses being purely on numbers etc. This system (problem) is used in a lot of MMO's and really hinders "the small guy" for lack of a better expression.

Anyway OP, i play on ToFN EU but i have my characters names all replicated across the two other servers (TRE and Prog), the only end game toon i have is a 55 jugg on TRE which i do not intend to play anytime soon and if i did i would probably transfer him to ToFN.

I would be more than happy to help by signing any of them up to your TRE guild. To confirm, i have "reserve name" characters on TRE that i never log into and for all purposes they are dormant. If you want any of them just let me know and ill log them tonight after work.

(and in the unlikely event that I do play them, don't worry, I'll be as silent as a summer breeze and turn off Guild Chat so you'll never notice that I'm there :) I can ever put you all on ignore so that you can be sure I'll never read your chats if you want)

Really, none of that would be needed! We're not actually quite that anti-social! ;) Mostly, I just wanted to make it clear that we're not really recruiting playmates - we're just too self-absorbed and unreliable to really offer anything to any strangers in the guild. "Can you guys come give me a hand with X?" "Uh... we're sorta busy writing haikus about Hutta right now. Can it wait until half an hour from now, by which time we will have forgotten you asked and we will log off to go get ice cream?" It's not that we're jerks, it's just tha... ok, we are jerks. But we're jerks out of apathy, not out of malice. That said, we also basically never use in-game chat for anything except linking item previews -- if you played, you'd probably *want* to turn off guild chat just so you didn't have to see us link dozens of shirts to each other every time we got a new companion to dress.

I would be more than happy to help by signing any of them up to your TRE guild. To confirm, i have "reserve name" characters on TRE that i never log into and for all purposes they are dormant. If you want any of them just let me know and ill log them tonight after work.

The more the merrier! Just drop a tell to any of us A/I Anonymous guys (Or give me a specific time if you don't want to risk one of us not being around - I can be on whenever.)

...she said, after taking a day and a half to get the last message here.

Edited by CaliOrion

lol, yeah i'll be on tonight after work and ill keep checking to see if any of your guys are online. I'm not 100% sure on this but is the bonus account or character defined...what i mean is will i only buff your bonus with 1 character even if i join multiple?

lol, yeah i'll be on tonight after work and ill keep checking to see if any of your guys are online. I'm not 100% sure on this but is the bonus account or character defined...what i mean is will i only buff your bonus with 1 character even if i join multiple?

The xp/reputation bonuses are defined by the number of "active" subscriber and preferred accounts (I have no idea exactly how long it takes them to decide an account is inactive) -- you can see the number of unique accounts a guild has if you hover the mouse over the bonuses on the guild details page.

Myself, I'm almost the entire day (here and there an hour) online.

This is how we tend to play as well, unfortunately for planning purposes! We all know each other and play other games, so we don't tend to "hang out" in TOR to meet up or anything - and half of us are students on summer break, staying up all night and sleeping all day as students on summer break are wont to do. That said, it's now 9:30am in my timezone, and I'm logging in to dink around with dailies and crafting and other generalized "whatnot" in anticipation of a marathon session this evening, so one of us should be easy to catch anytime in the next 10 hours or something. (It's vacation, don't judge us!)

I can support this with 16-18 toons myself. I'd go the full 22, but I live in Afghanistan 6 months out of the year and can't promise not to play on RE, so I'd like to reserve 4-6 slots for myself. I'll start rolling them now. I'm assuming you'd like an even mix of Rep/Imp?

Would like reciprocation of a similar quantity on Imperial side, Jedi Covenant, <Virtute et Armis>. IGN: Torgar

Edited by ekwalizer

Sounds just like our guild over on Prophecy of the Five. We are a small group of friends and are looking for a similar thing. I am sure I could get a few of our members to go over and create a character to help you in exchange for you doing the same for us. This is an imp guild.

Just send in game mail to Dub'lyn and let me know who we need to contact and we will work out some kind of arrangement.

Edited by Kidweb

Sorry m8 i didnt make it on last night. I will however be online inside the hour so i will send an ingame mail to Vythar to join the imperial guild.

So, to be clear, joining anything other than a single character up is a waste of time due to it being logged as a single, active account?

I wouldn't mind joining a guild the last name of my legacy for my characters Starwalker. the label of the label of a guild you are welcome to recruit them.

pag for the Star Wars The Old Republic websit

Edited by JJTEAMA

Since me and the crew are doing some multiplayer in a different game today, it got me thinking: If anyone wants an alternate way to get my attention, you can send me a message on Origin to "TequilaSeLai"

Just don't expect an immediate answer, because I'll there's a fair chance I'll be busy getting shot in the face at any given moment.

I sent you an email ingame from one of my characters the other day. Did /who a couple of times but from the sounds of it u were on BF4 all weekend? ;)

Anyway just so u know im still available anytime u need it :)

I got your email and gave you a quick reply to it - to recap and save you a log-in: I can pop over to TOFN and look for you when I'm on - should I be looking for the same name on that server as the one you emailed me from on TRE?

Or honestly, we can let it go. I appreciate the help (from all of you!) but we have also discovered a much easier way to do this whole rigamarole: Pop onto another server during the busy time of day and post a couple lines in general chat. I didn't really expect to have much luck (being on the newbie planets and all) but it seems to draw a fair bit of interest -- and interest from people who are online and ready-to-go. That said, if anyone else needs some guild-padding alts, don't be shy about trying to wrangle me into your schemes!