The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Companion 40+ -> Tank + ...?

Letsjet

Unless you are a Cybertech and can make gear for HK, I would think that Mako would be a better idea for you. I know people have claimed since day 1 that HK's gear scales to level, but I have paid attention and his companion UI would almost 100% of the time tell me his armor and weapon were useless. Also if while leveling I took off his gear I couldn't put it back on, if it was truly scaling why wouldn't it have a required level of 1 instead of 50? It already has a requirement of HK-51. Also Mako can heal you, you should therefore last longer and be more likely to kill stuff than it kill you if she is out.

Companion 40+ -> Tank+HK or Mako,? or some other combo. Gearing tank because I do a lot of FP's and it's a fast que. Thanks for an update/strat.

I would reccomend having a DPS set lying around as its always good to have one. With that in mind, heres what I think is best to worst for running around with companions. Assume no legacy bind gear.

Blizz, tied with Treek. Uses all your gear, no exceptions. Blizz is a pretty amazing DPS, despite being a tank, while Treek is the best healer out there

Torian. Uses almost all your gear. Would be above Blizz if he could use your pistol.

Skadge. Inferior to Torian as a DPS, but he can tank. Would be tied with Blizz/Treek if he could use a pistol.

HK51. You do need to get separate gear pre level 50 though

Gault

Mako

This is because of how tough you are going to be naturally - You will only need mako if you are planning on soloing Heroic 4 missions, and treek isnt available

I have a 450 cybertech with all upgrades through 53 and some 55's. Plus I have Cunning 31. HK uses cunning and aim interchangeably, right? I really don't want to use Treek. He's on a lot of my characters and I'm getting sick of him.

I have a 450 cybertech with all upgrades through 53 and some 55's. Plus I have Cunning 31. HK uses cunning and aim interchangeably, right? I really don't want to use Treek. He's on a lot of my characters and I'm getting sick of him.

Haha fair enough on treek.

Yes, HK51 uses both cunning and aim as his main stat, so to get as much crit as possible without sacrificing damage you have to make his cunning and aim equal to each other.

Id still recommend Blizz (DPS stance) over HK, if only for the fact they both do aggro sharing with you, but Blizz is better at AoE and can use your DPS gear that you should be picking up.

But if its small companions that you are sick of (treek, T7, ect...) and you have legacy bind sniper gear, go ahead and use HK51